WWF No Mercy & WCW/nWo Revenge = Goats

James Dean

All Star
Daps
WCW vs The World was actually pretty cool in the sense that it was the game that kind of paved the way for the Revenge, WM 2000, and No Mercy to follow. It was like AKi's baby steps.

The Japan equivalents, the Virtual Pro Wrestling series are great too. Same engine and stuff but with wrestlers overseas (Giant Baba, Masawa, Liger, Vader etc). Real Dope shyt.

Once WCW World Tour came out, they made it. They had a string of hits after that and then they just died out after No Mercy and the Nintendo 64 death.

AKI was great in their prime. Well on after the Wrestling games died out too. They did Def Jam Vendetta and NY which are classics. Taking some of the elements from their days in the 90s and implemented into those two. And also the sleeper, Ultimate Muscle, which is a pretty fun wrestling/fighting game.

By 2009, they were doo doo. They tried to revive Ready 2 Rumble as someone mentioned earlier and it was trash. Pretty sure all the GOAT developers had long moved on.

So long story short, some things are better left in the past. Cheers to AKI for making some dope as shyt though.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/LWO/NYY/NYR/ALA
WCW vs The World was actually pretty cool in the sense that it was the game that kind of paved the way for the Revenge, WM 2000, and No Mercy to follow. It was like AKi's baby steps.

The Japan equivalents, the Virtual Pro Wrestling series are great too. Same engine and stuff but with wrestlers overseas (Giant Baba, Masawa, Liger, Vader etc). Real Dope shyt.

Once WCW World Tour came out, they made it. They had a string of hits after that and then they just died out after No Mercy and the Nintendo 64 death.

AKI was great in their prime. Well on after the Wrestling games died out too. They did Def Jam Vendetta and NY which are classics. Taking some of the elements from their days in the 90s and implemented into those two. And also the sleeper, Ultimate Muscle, which is a pretty fun wrestling/fighting game.

By 2009, they were doo doo. They tried to revive Ready 2 Rumble as someone mentioned earlier and it was trash. Pretty sure all the GOAT developers had long moved on.

So long story short, some things are better left in the past. Cheers to AKI for making some dope as shyt though.

This man gets it

WCW vs the World gave AKI the base to make the piff World Tour/Revenge/WM2000/No Mercy engine.

Looking back, WCW vs the World is like AKI's WWE 2K15 PS4/XB1 version where it's barebones, doesn't do much for most, and not fondly remembered but lays the foundation for piff in the games to come after it

Hopefully 2K does a NBA 2K15 with WWE 2K16 and nails everything and finally give us that WWE game we all want just like AKI did going from WCW vs The World to WCW/NWO World Tour

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Warzone was bad .........ECW Anarchy Rulez BAD

but lets not pretend like some of us didn't have of the displeasure of playing this shyt.....and if you didn't consider ya self fortunate :weirdo:

I owned this for the PC..to add insult to injury my Compaq at the time could not render 3d graphics so I had to play as it is :mjcry:..still played that shyt for hours though

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Revenge was so piff. Huge step up from World Tour. In World Tour, Nash would do a generic japanese style powerbomb, but in Revenge it was the real Jacknife. Same for DDP. In World Tour he did a generic Ace Crusher, but in Revenge he could hit the Diamond Cutter Outta Nowhere (whip your opponent into the ropes, crank that Special buttin, bang :banderas:). Next level fire. Salute THQ and AKI. Im bout to order a n64 on ebay and go for the World Title as Raven

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
i wasnt watching wrestling at the time. i gave up in like 98 until 2009. last game i owned was Warzone i think.

i used to play the fukk out of it for Playstation and loved it..but now i look back and its like why the fukk would they think a wrestling game would work with MK controls? shyt was so difficult just to do the most simple shyt.

CAWs tho :blessed:

lol @ the hardcore voiceovers
599210e.jpg

I had a red piru cooking set like this growing up, now it looks dope but back in 2002 it was considered tacky. I remember almost getting molly whooped by the homies and my mom :mjcry:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Although the game was good, don't feel as nostalgic. I think that's because what was available in the game was already introduced prior.

I havent watched wrestling since like 04, but these games were my childhood. Revenge was the first game I got for N64. I remember the exact day getting and how it all went down.

No Mercy introduced fighting in the backstage and Hell in the Cell, I felt as if all my wishes were answered. I believe it had some crazy type of career mode as well.

I don't play video games as much anymore but No Mercy probably a top 10 all time for me.