XBOX One or PS4 for Old School Game Access?

Access to the Most Old School Games?

• PS4

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • XBOX One

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Daps
I have some funds to spare and haven't gamed hard in a while.

I want to play Tekken but also Halo, Gears of War, plenty of FPS, fighting games as well as most importantly: I want to have access to a lot of old school games in the online store.

A couple of years back I noticed that XBOX had a lot of sega/nintendo old school games where as PSN does not. Can someone please confirm if this is still the case - As I have a PS Vita and notice that certain titles aren't available like MegaMan X7 or Jet Set Radio Future.

Feel free to include other arguments but old school game access should weigh heavily in the decision. Because most popular games are on both platforms. Also feel free to factor in I already have PS Vita. It may be redundant to get a PS4 unless I'm looking to play online heavily on PSN games that aren't available on XBOX. You can also factor in the fact that MSFT XBOX line is running out of steam I guess from my initial research.

But prefer hard core gamers weigh in here. @Kamikaze Revy

Thanks

HTN

Daps
Also an update, I want to buy today so I can get this over the long weekend, preferably tomorrow on Amazon Prime.

Thanks.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I have some funds to spare and haven't gamed hard in a while.

I want to play Tekken but also Halo, Gears of War, plenty of FPS, fighting games as well as most importantly: I want to have access to a lot of old school games in the online store.

A couple of years back I noticed that XBOX had a lot of sega/nintendo old school games where as PSN does not. Can someone please confirm if this is still the case - As I have a PS Vita and notice that certain titles aren't available like MegaMan X7 or Jet Set Radio Future.

Feel free to include other arguments but old school game access should weigh heavily in the decision. Because most popular games are on both platforms. Also feel free to factor in I already have PS Vita. It may be redundant to get a PS4 unless I'm looking to play online heavily on PSN games that aren't available on XBOX. You can also factor in the fact that MSFT XBOX line is running out of steam I guess from my initial research.

But prefer hard core gamers weigh in here. @Kamikaze Revy

Thanks

HTN

Sounds like you just need to cop a Larrybox :yeshrug:

Daps
Sounds like you just need to cop a Larrybox :yeshrug:

WTF is this :mjlol:

gam_leisuresuitbobheader_580.jpg

Daps
What's your budget? :dame:

Out of the box, PS4 will get you right.

On XBox; you gotta pay for a lot of the extras, but there's a lot more options to choose from IMO.

check this thread: Xbox Game Pass now available for gold members (including a 14 day trial)

Budget is flexible but trying to keep it around 300-400 range. I am factoring in the annual subscription for both. Prices look similar so the main thing would be the access to old games from like 1998-2004.

It's really a toss up at this point....Maybe I should just forget about the old school component.

Daps
@Hard Times Nakamura Cop a amazon warehouse xbox 360 for around 115 dollars in good condition and get a ps4.

I just started gaming again after a 5 year Break. Too many good old games to miss out on.

It may not be worth it. I already have a PS Vita which gives me access to some old school games on PSN (but not all).

I guess what I'm looking for is a new system that won't be phased out in terms of support that also gives me MORE access than I currently have. Getting a PS4 would give me access to some PS3/PS2 games but I'd have to purchase them separately in the physical DVD form. The problem is some of those games won't be playable because I believe the original PSN titles were mostly in CD ROM format???

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Right but I am afraid XBOX will go extinct in 2 years and then I'll have to buy a PS4 anyways. Maybe I should just focus on the future instead of the past:mjcry:
If you're focused on the future instead of the past wait for the XBOX 1 Scorpio and get that.
Scorpio will have a 4K blu ray drive, better media features, better multiplatform games, and will continue to have backwards compatibility.
PS4 is for people that care about Sony exclusives.

Daps
At the end of the day it's possible that GTA, Tekken 7, Halo and COD will outweigh this. Maybe I can figure out a way to get a hack for my PC to play some of the more obscure old school titles like MMX6 or JSRF using emulation.

Daps
If you're focused on the future instead of the past wait for the XBOX 1 Scorpio and get that.
Scorpio will have a 4K blu ray drive, better media features, better multiplatform games, and will continue to have backwards compatibility.
PS4 is for people that care about Sony exclusives.

You're right. I don't really play games like Persona and if I did I could play it on the PS Vita.

fukk it I'm just gonna get an XBOX One S for now because Scorpio the main improvement is quality and VR and the extra bells and whistles I don't particularly care for now

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You're right. I don't really play games like Persona and if I did I could play it on the PS Vita.

fukk it I'm just gonna get an XBOX One S for now because Scorpio the main improvement is quality and VR and the extra bells and whistles I don't particularly care for now
I do think the XBOX is your best bet, but one thing to note about Scorpio is that it will be a huge leap in terms of overall performance.

Do you have a 4K TV? An OG XBOX One can be had for about $100 breh