Y'all remember this 1997 PS1 Game called "Vs." ???

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I don't know a single person that used to have this game other than me, but when I would bring it up to my mom's job to play it, people were always really into it:mjlol:

220px-Vs._Cover.jpg

I haven't played it since 97/98, so this is a pretty big refresher for me. I do remember it being a fun game. Didn't have a ton of depth, but for the time, 10 year old me loved it, especially being fighting game stan. This was based on gangs, and there were 4 different gangs, fighting in different territories. The sound being very good as far as the characters and collision detection, and the soundtrack was pretty dope to. I always thought this was the precursor to Rival Schools, but I just looked it up and they were both released on the exact same day :patrice: Another thing I 100% remember though, the pimp on there was the coldest character in the game :whew: Peep the vids in case they bring back any memories, or if you wanna check for the first time.

2.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

37784-Vs._[U]-1490490720.jpg

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Checked the wikipedia for this and :russ:

The game drew some criticism from parents and religious groups for including a pimp character named Slim Daddy among its fighters, however, the game was not a big success by any standard, and the controversy faded quickly. Gamefan Magazine editor Mollie Patterson ruthlessly defeated THQ’s best player during a pr visit, thus becoming the undisputed VS. champion. Her prize was a Sony CD player with a VS. sticker applied to it, and worldwide renown.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
I actually got that game for Christmas as a youngin the year it came out. Yes the graphics weren't the best at the time but I remember the gameplay being fun as hell and the eccentric character designs