Y'all remember when only weirdos and potential school shooters used "meme" humor irl?

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Seems as recent as 5 or so years ago. Only awkward types or nerdy white people would reference jokes from Facebook or other social media.

Now you'd be hard pressed to find someone irl that humor ain't just shyt recycled from online. Even worse when they pretend they came up with the shyt themselves.:francis:

There's even a couple of coli threads a week that reference FB memes/jokes. :flabbynsick: heads don't notice tho:mjpls:

Not that it really hurt nothing I guess.:manny:

I personally think it's another example of Black people making shyt hip. "Meme" culture is one of the rare examples of Black folks being late to something but once we started joining in it became more socially acceptable.

What y'all think?

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
ZestyGracefulCormorant-small.gif

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Change in human behavior. Now a days people spend about 25 hours on the internet daily so ofc memes and shyt are going to be more more popular vs 15 years ago in the black community where if you just knew how to turn on a computer you were a Computer Genius/Nerd/Geek

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
True

Only the the most special of weirdos would use “memes” irl
Like saying “like a boss”, “in Soviet Russia...”, “honey badger blah blah” or whatever other corny shyt was around at the time

nikkas took memes to the next level

The thing with black memes though is most of the time they actually originate from real life and are brought online
as opposed to some shyt like Pepe the frog

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
True

Only the the most special of weirdos would use “memes” irl
Like saying “like a boss”, “in Soviet Russia...”, “honey badger blah blah” or whatever other corny shyt was around at the time

nikkas took memes to the next level

The thing with black memes though is most of the time they actually originate from real life and are brought online
as opposed to some shyt like Pepe the frog

Good point. Black memes are based in reality.

What's meme humor and what's real life?

I share memes online only...how you share a meme in person besides giving someone your phone?

Like people verbally saying jokes they saw online that they rememberized or something.