Ya'll seen Jason Heyward new contract with the Cubs?

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
8yrs 184 million

:feedme:

I think the Cubs got a shot now. They needed to up their defense in the outfield!

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Stupid contract among several awful signings this winter.

This is shaping up to be the worst free agency period in MLB history.

Nah stupid contracts are arods 2nd 10 year deal with the yankees,jacoby ellsburys 7 year deal,david prices 7 year 217 deal,grienkes contract with the dbacks

Heyward has an opt out option after 3 and 4 years.The cubs are paying for his prime years not his flabby years like the yankees stay doing(cc,tex,aroid,jeter and eventually ellsbury) and if heyward performs he can opt out and some team will give him 6 years 150-180 mil for his 30's when he'll decline.Heywards contract with the cubs is as ideal as they get

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah stupid contracts are arods 2nd 10 year deal with the yankees,jacoby ellsburys 7 year deal,david prices 7 year 217 deal,grienkes contract with the dbacks

Heyward has an opt out option after 3 and 4 years.The cubs are paying for his prime years not his flabby years like the yankees stay doing(cc,tex,aroid,jeter and eventually ellsbury) and if heyward performs he can opt out and some team will give him 6 years 150-180 mil for his 30's when he'll decline.Heywards contract with the cubs is as ideal as they get
It's a stupid contract because the option is for the player, not the team.
You think Heyward is going to opt out when he's OPSing .750 in 3 years?

It's a horrendous contract for a guy who probably isn't even as good as Shin Soo Choo.

And it's not like Heyward is going to a hitters park where he could pad his stats.
Terrible, terrible deal.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
It's a stupid contract because the option is for the player, not the team.
You think Heyward is going to opt out when he's OPSing .750 in 3 years?

It's a horrendous contract for a guy who probably isn't even as good as Shin Soo Choo.

And it's not like Heyward is going to a hitters park where he could pad his stats.
Terrible, terrible deal.
in what world is wrigley field NOT a hitters park? :laff: especially for lefties....
the numbers on the deal are gaudy but he'll do numbers barring him falling off a cliff

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
just saw that and was gonna make a thread asking is he that good? :wtf:

i remember when he burst on to the scene as a rookie yielding them Ken Griffey comparisons. He and Buster Posey were on my fantasy team both as rookies i think. But since then he was downhill offensively. I guess his defense is that good but he hasnt even been an allstar in 5 years

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just imagine the deal Harper gon get, wouldn't even shock me if its 400 million.
McCutchen and Trout need to slap their agents.

Isnt Trout getting like $20 mil a year before being FA eligible and set to be a FA at like 28? Please correct me if I am wrong.