Yall up on the vanilla reload scam?

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
*sounds like an episode of American greed*

My homie called me last night talking bout some dude on it stunting hella hard with mad cash on ig.

Dude hit him saying if he buys a vanilla reload card from cvs he can add a 0 to any amount. So $100 will be $1000.

I'm like son that sounds like a scam :beli:

I didn't know much about this scam and neither did he. But he was like this dude got cash I might do it.

I'm like don't do it Breh stick to the old cliché if something sounds to good to be true it probably is.

So I get in Google and this scam is up and coming folks getting got left and right.

How are people falling for this shyt it's so elementary.

I guess that's why it work word to American greed.

Most scams work because they are simple and seem plausible.

A good con will have you thinking :krs: this gotta work.

http://www.callercenter.com/810-292-2558.html

http://www.scamguard.com/categories...6/vanilla-reload-network-card-instagram-scam/

http://www.scamguard.com/categories...t-card-scam/1277/vanilla-prepaid-reload-card/

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I've never hears of vanilla reload but lol@this idiot
I saw an ad on here about a week ago and noticed there was what seemed like a quick and easy but sketchy opportunity to turn $100 to $1000, so I contacted this guy and he claimed to work for the company that puts funds on the vanilla reload cards that you can buy from cvs, walgreens etc.
Anyways he told me if I give him my information after purchasing the card, that he would add a 0 to the end of my deposit (which was 100) so I gave him the card info after he said what he was going to do and he removed all of the money that I had put on the card. He wont respond to me now and I'm out 100 dollars.
If anybody sees this ad flag it immediately!!! do not trust this ad!
if this has happened to anyone else tell me how it went down.
thanks for looking and be safe!

Edit: just read your links....:snoop: people are so fukking gullible

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: A supervisor I worked with got the :camby: from CVS corporate when he activated over 10 grand of those cards and the moneypak ones.

You got shiesty nikkas posing as systems support from corporate getting cashiers, pharmacy techs, and even supervisors to "test" registers and ATM machines by activating those prepaid cards over the phone. :ohhh: And even though we have notice
papers on not to do that shyt, employees are still getting fired because the nig over the phone sounded "convincing".

Those scams are way too easy...

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Yah I'm gonna put 100 dollars on a card then give a stranger all the card info :mjlol: People are so stupid.
I should make scheming on gullible idiots my second career

If this shyt was the case shouldn't the con artist have been going to every cvs buying every Vanilla reload card he could find:camby:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I thought this would be about manufactured spending where you use your credit card to buy vanilla reload cards and put the vanilla reloads on a Bluebird card then write a check to pay back the money to your credit card company. The Bluebird is a prepaid debit account you can write checks on. Obviously you do this with a card that gets 5% cash back or better. With a Blue Cash preferred card you can get vanilla reloads at Spartan grocery stores and get 6% cash back on the purchases. It's a way to get cash back paying bills you can't use a credit card on or just to manufacture spending and get cash back for nothing.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
idiots :snoop: just go on Instagram and search vanilla reload smh

AocxcQ7.jpg

AOzKrPl.jpg

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I would have posted this in tlr but folks don't know how to act.

I know someone on the coli is scamming folks or been scammed.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I see this shyt happening all the time. I'm always skeptical whenever I got to do any of those reloadable card transactions, and I barely use the register that much. plus the company just came out with their own card so that adds to the fukkery. plus you can pay with check so imagine the bounded checks coming in. we already got flagged for a fraudulent transaction last month for 500. plus I had to provide an investigator a copy of the camera feed on a transaction from some guy loading cards with stolen credit cards some months back. guy got arrested. funny thing is I rung him up. what they tend to do is take the strip off and put it on their own card. we also gotten the emails bout some guy claiming to work for corporate and needing employees to read off the green dot numbers after activating.