Yesterday, I Put My Money In The Bank and It Won't Be Touched (My Student Loan Disbursement Check)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Man, yesterday I was just going to put 500 of my 780 check in there. Because I wanted to go on a trip next week because it's spring break. However, I said scratch that and put $720 of it in the bank:obama: Because I said finding work which I've been doing and studying is more important. Also, I want to be smart with how I handle my finances. My mother said you just took out the $60 out of the $780 and I said yep :steviej: Basically, I won't touch that money. When I find a line a work I want to add to it. Plus, do some legal hustling on the side like cutting grass. I'm really trying to move to the west cost to get that opportunity :jawalrus: Someone yesterday told me I have a mind of a 65 year old. For only 20 I feel way more mature than I was at 18. Young brotha gotta be smart and that's what I did :win:

P.S. while I was there I opened up my first savings account :win: I have an account with my father, but I wanted to have something of my own.

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
Saving borrowed money isnt smart bro, what are the interest rates looking like? If u dont need it like that pay it back.

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
how much did you borrow in total and what them interest rates like?

the real test will be when you get that job, can you put more than 80% of that pay check into a roth IRA or money market account and not touch it :obama:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
how much did you borrow in total and what them interest rates like?

the real test will be when you get that job, can you put more than 80% of that pay check into a roth IRA or money market account and not touch it :obama:
I took out two loans, so in total I owe 10 grand back. Yes, I was scammed, but I have to deal with it. A lot of unnecessary shyt went down. I was told some half truths and lies from my resource lady. She doesn't work for the college, but for someone else.

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This dude has really been running with this school/job thing since 2015 in here?? :dwillhuh::why::beli:how is he 18+ and still has an account with his father?? They let 8 yr olds open their own savings accounts but he acts like it's a right of passage and it's not even his money technically if it's a student loan disbursement.

Last edited: