You (African Americans) ever just sit and randomly think....

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Damn me being born here is fukked up.” :mjcry:

Of course slavery is always gonna be a part of us, but it’s not all the time that I make the direct connection between my African ancestors and me. Probably doesn’t help that I can’t directly trace back far enough.

I just had the latest ep of The Shop on, and Charla said some kinda real shyt in regards to Nip/Holder at the end, that caused the latest evocation of the thought:

He (paraphrasing) said if we can deal with our own internal trauma, it can bring us to a better place, where we won’t feel the need to bring harm to those who look like us.

But we all know the root of that trauma, and it’s not us, so it’s almost a chicken or egg situation.

I know these are all topics that are discussed here ad nauseam, but whenever that random thought pops up in my head, it just gives me a weird feeling, almost an existential crisis. Like no matter what, cacs will never want to have that real discussion of how our ancestors were forced over here, built this country, and then forced us to claw our way to a better life, if we get the opportunity.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
their going to neg you bro, edit some of that with words of kindership.

because i sense they are going to call you "cac" and i re-read your joint and i sense something fufu style.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
their going to neg you bro, edit some of that with words of kindership.

because i sense they are going to call you "cac" and i re-read your joint and i sense something fufu style.

It’s just a stream of consciousness. I know what I meant, and I love us, all of us. Even if I disagree with/dislike some of us. If somebody has questions for me, I’ll answer to the best of my ability. If they neg, so be it :yeshrug:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
It’s just a stream of consciousness. I know what I meant, and I love us, all of us. Even if I disagree with/dislike some of us. If somebody has questions for me, I’ll answer to the best of my ability. If they neg, so be it :yeshrug:

well my brother let me answer some of that, all though im african not american.

"pity is for the weak" ..... dont let a stone trip you up and you turn back and be mad at a stone.

the past was what it was but it goes even further back, so get your knowledge of self up and you will never be scared to go through memory lane. its the truth you are from a glorious people.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I don't think its fukked up I was born here in particular, but yeah I think about how the racial issues in America is a shytty thing at times and I sometimes even question if I should bring a child into this world in this country and have to deal with the bullshyt.

But always remember, that it could be a lot worse and there are a lot of places I rather not have been born in than in America. Not talking just about poverty and stuff like that but their racial or ethnic issues are much worse to the point people are killing each other in war and constant conflict because of it PLUS they have crippling poverty that is way worse than what is in America.

So, whenever you feel this way, always feel thankful that its not worse.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well my brother let me answer some of that, all though im african not american.

"pity is for the weak" ..... dont let a stone trip you up and you turn back and be mad at a stone.

the past was what it was but it goes even further back, so get your knowledge of self up and you will never be scared to go through memory lane. its the truth you are from a glorious people.

Thing is, I don’t want/need pity. I’m a STEM grad from what ppl would consider not the greatest environment, with knowledge of self and love for my ppl, and have carved out a decent young life imo. I know I’m blessed internally and externally.

It’s more of thinking about the history and reality for me. I get down about it, then get back to it. Just wondered if anybody else gets these thoughts outta seemingly nowhere sometimes

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think its fukked up I was born here in particular, but yeah I think about how the racial issues in America is a shytty thing at times and I sometimes even question if I should bring a child into this world in this country and have to deal with the bullshyt.

But always remember, that it could be a lot worse and there are a lot of places I rather not have been born in than in America. Not talking just about poverty and stuff like that but their racial or ethnic issues are much worse to the point people are killing each other in war and constant conflict because of it PLUS they have crippling poverty that is way worse than what is in America.

So, whenever you feel this way, always feel thankful that its not worse.

100% agree it could be worse. I know there are ppl much worse off than me, through no fault of their own, both here and abroad. Just a thought I get.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Thing is, I don’t want/need pity. I’m a STEM grad from what ppl would consider not the greatest environment, with knowledge of self and love for my ppl, and have carved out a decent young life imo. I know I’m blessed internally and externally.

It’s more of thinking about the history and reality for me. I get down about it, then get back to it. Just wondered if anybody else gets these thoughts outta seemingly nowhere sometimes

:ohhh: bro you dont know knowledge of self. i hope you are not stuck on the point of the "atlantic trade sagas" because our gloriousness pre-dates that. we once enslaved white people too, but white people wont let that be an anchor they ignore that and even their nethandral days and etc.

you need to know why they thought it to try to enslave your mind, even in enslavement the AA was worldwide reknown and admired by those who know who we are.

i posted this vid on the coli a 100 times, but this is bitesize easy step to see where you are at today.

once you done here i will select some van sertima (show you the african in america before americans) and ben yusef (dropping black jewels) you will grow a hunch back if you let the unfortunate events of recent past be a burden.

take it as a strength, being black is an adventure full of passion. others have to sort to pharmacy prescribtion to get our blessings. its through humility but also brother, please watch the video in your spare time when you have it. it will make you want to learn more.

im watching some augustus ceasar shyt and its interesting they want to remember and preserve their past but dont want you looking too back well unless its just a couple hundred years you want to go. we are still the worlds record breakers, both olympics and pioneers.

which unfortunetely we were also the first felons :russ:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps

thats why i will never diss bill cosby he put it out there, but peep the mental abuse.

first 2.00min alone.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
According to nazi's and coli c00ns, being born in the US is best thing that could ever happen to a Black person.