"You Can Only Avoid The Truth For So Long" Brook v Spence SHOWTIME 5/27 Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a great fight on paper.

It's one of those fights that's tough for me to pick a winner, because I feel both guys have weak resumes.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Will probably be US judges too.

I cant call this fight yet. Brook is a huge step up in comp for Spence. I had Brook about even or slightly ahead vs GGG at the time of stoppage

i believe it's a step up but how much? outside of winning a MD against porter and lasting 5 rounds with GGG, where has brook really impressed you? his resume is inconsistent as fuk to be honest.

spence hasn't fought anyone great but, his last 2 fights against, bundu (arguable top 10-15 fighter at 147) and made quick and easy work of Algieri, something ruslan, khan and pac couldn't do. we see the skill in spence but haven't seen it against the top guys.

something most aren't bringing up but i really feel brook should have just went to 154. im still shocked after all that weight he put on to fight GGG he went back to 147 considering he was already having problems with the weight. imo, i think it's perfect timing for spence. if brook would have vacated the 147 title and moved up, most likey it would have been him vs hurd for the vacant title at 154.

i like spence to take the title.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
spence hasn't fought anyone great but, his last 2 fights against, bundu (arguable top 10-15 fighter at 147) and made quick and easy work of Algieri, something ruslan, khan and pac couldn't do. we see the skill in spence but haven't seen it against the top guys.

dammit willy..you too with this...i expected this from the uninformed but not you..why?

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
dammit willy..you too with this...i expected this from the uninformed but not you..why?

He did obliterate those dudes though. Bundu looked like a mole confusing the concrete foundation of a house for an open field. I mean I get styles make fights, but he obliterated them and made it look easy. Reminds me of a Pusha T line, "fukk ya'll been doin?" when comparing Spence's wins over Bundu and Algieri to other fighters. I'm picking Spence 12 round domination, but I got a feeling Brook's "healed" eye injury is going to be an issue. At the very least it's going to make him unsure of himself in there. If it does go 12 we'll see how in shape Spence is too.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS

am i lying? :sas2:

spence didn't exceed expectations in either of those fights? i honestly didn't expect him to put those guys to sleep like that. algieri and bundu ain't solid fighters? shouldn't it count for something, when you factor in how easy spence made it look against those guys. we know styles make fight but, when champions such as thurman, khan, ruslan went the distance with them as heavy favorites and didn't look all that great but spence did.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
am i lying? :sas2:

spence didn't exceed expectations in either of those fights? i honestly didn't expect him to put those guys to sleep like that. algieri and bundu ain't solid fighters? shouldn't it count for something, when you factor in how easy spence made it look against those guys. we know styles make fight but, when champions such as thurman, khan, ruslan went the distance with them as heavy favorites and didn't look all that great but spence did.
I may need to rewatch that last fight, but I don't remember Spence looking "great" against Bundu. I remember Bundu landing on Spence quite a bit and even walking him down a bit. Spence got the KD (in brutal fashion) eventually so it's all good, before then he didn't look like he was "dominating" him

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Guess nikkas transferring theirnMayweather hate onto Spence now. :francis:

Thurman gets a sparring 12 rd decision :blessed:

Spence knocks thus nikka damn near out the ring :camby:

Pacman takes away his jab dropsnhim but goes 12....Khan has a close fight w him. :blessed:

Spence recalibrates his equilibrium and once again almost knocks him out the ring. :camby:

nikkas is haters man.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i believe it's a step up but how much? outside of winning a MD against porter and lasting 5 rounds with GGG, where has brook really impressed you? his resume is inconsistent as fuk to be honest.

i like spence to take the title.

Yup what has Brook done that's impressive on a world stage? 1-2 hold or 1-3 hold against Porter? I got Spence by TKO

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
This is from a Breadman mailbag:

Who are you leaning towards in the Brook vs Spence fight? I think Spence is biting off more than he can chew. Going to Brook’s hometown will be his undoing. I also look at Spence’s matchmaking and he has fought absolutely nobody to get him ready for Brook. Spence gets hit way too easy. As you say mark it down.

Bread’s Response: I am leaning towards Spence. But I admit this is a 50/50 fight. My guts just tell me Spence is primed for the task.

I actually agree with a lot of what you stated. Spence’s matchmaking could have been better going into this fight but that’s not his fault. The kid fights whoever is willing. But a couple of ex world champions or a prospect vs prospect fight would have served him well. A guy like Luis Collazo or Lamont Peterson would have been real for Spence. Those fights get you ready for the big time. And a prospect fight vs another undefeated kid like say a Sammy Vasquez before he lost would have also been great for him. Young undefeated fighters are always difficult. But it is what it is. Sometimes fighters excel without having the perfect building fights.

Spence does get hit. He’s not Chavez Sr in the slipping and parrying department. But for the most part he’s shown a good chin. Emanuel Lartey is the only fighter to visibly hurt him. It is a concern because it takes his eyes a little time to warm up and you can hit Spence early. But for his style you have to expect that. The kid is a walkdown ko machine. He doesn’t F$%& around at all. I will tell you something else about his defense. He gets hit but he doesn’t get hit out of position. That is a big deal.

You don’t see Spence’s head leaning over his front knee or his feet spread too far apart. Or even his punches being looped incorrectly. His hands are always up, his body set correctly and he’s always in punching position. So he’s braced to take the good shots and he’s ready to fire back. Watch him close.

I also see a fighter in Spence who does not get tired. He’s like a horror movie. He’s a rare volume power puncher. Most power punchers don’t have volume. He has both.

Going to an opponent’s back yard is always a big deal. Especially if it’s a foreign country. Everyone does not travel well. Food, time and rest are just different in foreign countries. There is a reason why lots of the US best don’t leave the US. In my opinion this is a huge factor but Spence has a great team around him, I’m sure they will accommodate him with what he needs.

I expect a brutal fight. Fight of the Year type of fight. I expect Brook to hurt and or drop Spence. But something tells me Spence’s body attack and his non stop power punches will wear down Brook who will definitely have to go to extreme measures to make weight. But I have been wrong before. This won’t be easy for either man.

I've been saying the same thing about Spence since Floyd said his name. I also said Kell Brook would turn southpaw at times in this fight. About Bread's point about Spence's fight with Lartey hurting him, watch at 27:25 on: