Misc You Guys Like Metal?

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what yall been peepin lately? @ECA

one album i wish was on spotify was Australasia. Havent heard that masterpiece in years

I’m waiting on Pain of Salvations new album. They’re probably one of my top 5 bands. They mix soul, blues, and metal perfectly when they’re not experimental. But even then they’re amazing.

but I also have been listening to JINJER.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
I’m waiting on Pain of Salvations new album. They’re probably one of my top 5 bands. They mix soul, blues, and metal perfectly when they’re not experimental. But even then they’re amazing.

but I also have been listening to JINJER.

I used to chat with someone on AIM :flabbynsick: that mailed a bunch of prog metal albums to me. Enthropia still hits with the funk fusion. Even had This Heart of Mine played at my wedding as the first dance :wow:

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
Love me some creed :blessed:

giphy.gif

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
okay I came back to the thread to post something completely unrelated then remembered this
Been on this band for a min. Good Swedish stoner metal. Can't understand a word, but vibe hits right.

clicked the second video and from the intro it had me :gladbron: so crunchy

It also made me think of:

(Pulsar is nice too)

Heimdall

Pro
Daps

This (the title track of the album) was like my pandemic anthem, the sound of 'everything' being on fire - to think it was (more than) 4 years ago!

Anyway I enjoyed this album a lot and thought I'd try the one before it. I liked that one a lot too, possibly even more??

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
just remembered this album

lyrically kind of strange, but the chug is 👌🏾

Last edited:

Heimdall

Pro
Daps
:russ: didn't even notice I'd bumped this thread almost a year after the last post

Anyway, I came across this album after Christmas and enjoyed it a lot. This week I'm rediscovering it and how various song segments reminded me of so many other bands (The Faceless of course*, Necrophagist, Obscura?, Chthe'ilist, The Contortionist, Revocation)
g8Vd4tK.png

* The album is like Planetary Duality-era The Faceless with some extra spice (and in terms of vocals I actually kind of like Derek "Demon Carcass" Rydquist because you can actually hear what he's saying, sometimes)