You know it's inevitable... The Batman V Superman SPOILER Discussion Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The way I saw it was that he assumed Lois could get into trouble (it's been happening for 18+ months now) so he kept an ear out for her whereas he didn't expect anyone to go after Martha.

He didn't become Lex's bytch because he went to ask Batman for help and he didn't kill him though he easily could've.

The problem is that you had to assume, because the movie is inconsistent as hell about how extensive/far Supes' powers go.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Its bloated, has strange pacing/editing and Lois Lane could be written out without missing much and same goes for the Daily Planet. Every Superhero casting is great but Eisenberg steals the show, fight scenes are really good and the music would be called iconic if it were in a better movie.

Solid 6 out of 10.
I thought lex was a swing and a miss. Script wise anyway. Nothing Jessie could've done IMO

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
great f*cking movie

critics straight trippin man... Hard

absolutely loved it, easily my fav comic book movie

some of the scenes were directly out if the comics!!!

how they gonna bring my n*gga supes back??? Gaping ass hole in his chest!

I aint gonna lie, sh*T had me sad as f*ck

wonder woman killed it

only negative I have is Jesse e as lex, dude was awful

bahman!!!!!

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Average movie. Not great, not terrible, just average.

The fukk was it with like 5 dream sequences/hallucinations? 1 dream sequence is too much.

Why are people hyping Wonder Woman so much? She had like 5 basic ass lines and barely did shyt. Gal Gadot is fine as fukk but she was just kind of there.

Affleck killed it as Batman. I felt Batman might have been a little too dark here though. My man was straight up branding and killing people. Yeah, self defense and all but still

Eisenberg was Eisenberg. He always annoys me and he did here too.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's an entertaining mess. About halfway through the movie after going "wtf" :mindblown:multiple times, I just said :yeshrug:fukk it, stopped trying to make sense of the convoluted plot and just sat back and enjoyed the ride. And that's when I actually enjoyed it. If you don't approach it like its one of the Nolan films and look at it as more of an over the top comic book movie in every sense of the word then you'll like it. However, it's definitely one of those movies that hits you with so much epicness it'll distract you from its many flaws. So when I watched it I enjoyed it. But then after the movie when I thought about it I realized how flawed it was

The Good
Snyder knows these characters are iconic and he treats them as such, every scene had such an over the top gravitas to it that it truly felt like we were watching a modern day Greek myth at times. ie. Bats in the mech suit waiting for Superman. Wonderwoman jumping in to save Bats. The Day of the Dead paraders praising Superman after he rescued the girl from the burning building. This is where DC is different from Marvel. DC doesn't try and make these Superheroes relatable to us, the common man, they treat them like Superheroes and iconic God-like figures. The film reflected that very well

Afleck was great, action was on point, easily the best fight choreography in any Batman film I've scene(the scene where Bats saves Martha was :banderas:) Really did a good job of depicting a weary, pissed off and ruthless Batman whose been through a lot of trauma. And I loved all the scenes with him investigating the "White Portuguese," almost reminded me of a James Bond film.

Loved the montage of Superman rescuing people and the people viewing him as a God-like figure, great imagery from Snyder

Perry Black(lol) had some of the best lines of the film, Fishburne made the most of a 1-dimension role ("Crimewave in Gotham...water is wet" :mjlol:)

The mixing of talking heads discussing the moral dilemma of Superman was very well done, I could see those arguments playing out if Superman actually existed

The build up to the Capitol Hill bombing with the piss in the jar was great and extremely suspenseful

Alfred was great. Loved the relationship between him and Bruce. Jeremy Irons did well

Movie was beautiful to look at and definitely felt like a live action comic book.

The Mixed
Not sure how I feel about Eisenberg's Lex. It was a bold, unconventional move to basically have him play a slightly more sane Joker and Eisenberg fully committed to it. But the character got a little too over the top and grating with it. (Way too many damn speeches from Lex about Gods and men)

Cavill was aight. He definitely has the body language of Superman and looks very heroic. But he definitely had the most one-dimensional performance. Also, he ruined that Capitol Hill bombing scene with that stupid ass look on his face. A whole bunch of people just died Supes! Show a little more emotion. Also he has ZERO chemistry with Lois, I didn't buy their relationship one minute which lessened the emotional impact of the ending

I'm glad that they gave Lois stuff to do but a lot of her scenes killed the momentum and made an already bloated movie even more bloated

Wonder Woman was aight. Gadot wasn't terrible but she wasn't compelling enough for me to be excited about seeing her in a solo movie. She looked great in action at the end though. Definitely brought the necessary amount of physicality to the role and you could feel like she had a tremendous amount of power

The Bad

The story was a mess. Subplots that just went nowhere, Lex somehow knowing everything, where everyone was and who everyone was. Weird editing and scene transitions. Editing was terrible

The fight between Bats and Supes was great. The motivation behind it and the conclusion to it was not. You're telling me the all-powerful Superman couldn't just save Martha himself without falling in line with Lex's plan? He could magically hear Lois whenever she was in trouble but couldn't figure out how to save his own mom? And Batman, the "world's greatest detective" couldn't figure out that Lex was setting the whole thing up?

So Bats all of a sudden doesn't wanna kill Superman and becomes his friend in the span of a few minutes because their moms have the same first name? :comeon:Lazy writing, they could've come up with a much better way for them to come to a truce

The editing of the scene in Africa was a mess. If there was more of an aftermath to Superman taking out the terrorist and then seeing all the people killed the later scenes with the public blaming him for the massacre would make a lot more sense and have a lot more power

All the references to the Justice League and a larger universe were either confusing or half-assed. Again, I hate this trend of franchise films of throwing in random shyt that makes no sense in the context of the individual story and then falling back on "Well, its just a reference to a future film in the franchise" excuse. That's a cop out. Bruce's dream sequences and that message from "Flash?" was just :dwillhuh:and took me out of the movie. The Knightmare felt less like Snyder trying to create some mystery and more of him just wanting an excuse to throw in a cool looking scene

Superman was so depressed and emo in this movie. I understand they wanna create some conflict with him but when you already have the darkest Batman in film history, brooding and mopey Superman just makes an already grim film even more grim. Having a happier, less cynical and more optimistic Superman would've made the conflict between the two more powerful. With all the homages to the Dark Knight Returns, that's the one thing Snyder missed. Frank Miller's ability to pit Batman's skepticism against Superman's eternal and sometimes blind optimism. Having both Batman and Superman be cynics lessens the conflict between the two

The email scene with all the other Justice League members was lazy. They could've found a better way to introduce them

Doomsday was cool I guess, though I feel like Lex's motivation for creating him was underdeveloped. I guess it makes sense if the whole time Lex is under orders from Darkseid as the ending implied but again, that's another example of the lazy, let's fall back on the teases to other films to excuse lazy writing copout imo

All in all, it was decent. Not the classic I hoped it would be and not the complete disaster that I feared it would be after reading the reviews. I'd probably give it a 6/10. Worth watching but a bit of a disappointment when you think about how much more they could've done with these characters if they had a better script and editing.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, the fukk it didn't. Superman becomes Lex' bytch because he threatens the life of Martha despite Supes constantly being able to save Lois Lane all over the world like it's nothing. Dude literally saved Lois within a couple second span only a minute before it.

Then when the fight is over he lets Batman go in to save his mom instead of him like somehow Batman would be better at doing that than he is.

As much as I loved this scene, it was basically Snyder's excuse to film a cool Batman fight scene. You're right, it made no logical sense to have Batman rescue her rather than Supes. What took Batman several minutes to do could've taken Superman seconds. The only possible explanation would be Superman being too weak and not having enough time to recover from the Kryptonite exposure but still, you'd think Superman being who he is wouldn't care about that and still try and save his mom despite his deteriorated state

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
lol at nikkas tryin to justify Superman's wack motivations for fightin Batman, and for not saving his moms. A good script won't make anyone try to justify and :cape: for the shytty writers. Just the fact that u'r jumping thru hoops to vindicate the fakkit writers means you lost. The script was shyt. These people are not fit to play the iconic roles others have been appropriate for. Since no one can match Reeve, retire Superman, and make a new super character that Cavill can play. Same with Bats and WW. These nikkas aren't fit to lace Adam West and Lynda Carter's boots. fukk em.

Here's the most detailed spoiler I can find for yall who are smart enough to not give away your money:

Batman is trying to track down a smuggler named the white polish. He uses the most brutal tactics we've ever seen to get the info he needs. After some ace detective work he finds out Lex is working with the White Polish.

He uses the guise of Bruce Wayne to gain access to a party and hack into Luthor ' s main frame to gain more Intel using a USB type drive to auto copy all info once it's connected to the server. This process takes 7 min so he leaves and and goes back up to the party. This is the scene where Bruce and Clark first meet that was shown in the trailers. (While this is all going on Clark can hear alfred communicating with Bruce in an ear piece and figures out he is Batman.)

After the 7 minutes are up Bruce goes to retrieve his device only to find it missing and Wonder Woman (who is unnamed at this point) fleeing from the party. He tries to catch her but can't.

During all this Superman has caused some ruckus in what I assume to be the middle east when he rescues Lois from terrorists. The Senate forms a committee to investigate his actions and how to proceed. Lex is making back room deals with the government to gain access to a large chunk of krytonite and Zods body to figure out a "deterrent for superman. But the female Senator that we see in the trailers is refusing to approve of him bringing a large chunk of Krytonite into the country.

After tracking down wonderwoman a while later Wayne gets his flash drive back and she tells him she couldn't crack the encryption. Bruce takes it decrypts it and finds files lex has on several metas. His file on WW contains a picture for the early 1900s of her at war. There is also a file for flash, aquaman, and cyborg.

He also discovers that the white polish is a cargo ship of Lex's and it's carrying krytonite. He tries to steal it but Superman foils his attempt and tells him that the Bat is dead and he should stop all operation in Gotham. This would be his last warning.

Now superman goes to a hearing with the Senate committee. A man that lost his legs in the battle in Man of Steel had came out against superman and was there also to testify in front of the female Senator. (He also was working for Lex.) He detonates a suicide bomb and kills everyone in attendance except Superman. This prompts batman to go to Lexcorp and steal the rock. (He had placed a tracker on the truck carrying it before superman intervined.)

Batman steals it. Lex kidnaps Supermans earth mom and demands he kill batman with in an hour or she will be killed. (During this time batman made a krytonite spear and was preparing to fight superman.) Superman flies to Gotham to ask for Batman's help but Batman is not in a talking mood. Uses krytonite gas to weaken superman and begins to beat the shyt out of him. It's amazing. Then Lois steps in to tell Batman what's going on as he is about to stab Superman with the spear. He goes to rescue Martha Kent as superman tracks Luthor down.

When Superman gets to Luthor this begins the Doomsday reveal and fight. Superman Wonderwoman and Bats battle it out with doomsday and realize the need the spear to beat him. Visually this fight is incredible. Superman gets the spear and stabs Doomsday in the heart but as he does this he is weakened by the krytonite and doomsday stabs him with a spike and they both die.

At the funeral for Clark Batman and Wonderwoman discuss a need to find more metas. Batman says he knows a fight is coming and it shows him interrogate lex in his cell. The last shot is of dirt being thrown on Clarks casket and just before it fades to black the dirt raises.