You may think current radio rap is awful, but 07-09 was WOAT

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Peak ring tone era rap :hhh::hhh::hhh: mostly dudes that were literal one hit wonders (some lucky enough to be two hit wonders), and even by today's standards, those dudes were terrible. I don't mind party music at all, but so many of these songs during this era were flat out bad. Imagine being in HS at prom or something, one of these drop, and actually getting hype over them :laff::dead:

This song was terrible, but props to Mims for realizing how shady the music business is and re-upping in the tech game :salute:

I mess with the remix of this song with Game, Boosie, and E-40, but the original was :huhldup:

Every once in awhile even a big artist had to jump in with some trash :scusthov:

Not necessarily ringtone rap, but some singles were just flat out garbage and you wonder who even ok'd it in the studio:dahell:

Wouldn't say this is ringtone rap either, but this was when 50 Cent completely bottomed out. War Angel had been released a couple months prior, and had me thinking 50 was about to drop some heat, but instead dropped this massive dud single along with shytty Before I Self Destruct.

Kinda feel bad for the folks that were coming of age during this era of music. shyt may be pretty trash radio/billboard wise today, but the 07-09 era was the foundation of it (though I'd say it started in 2006 and ended in 2010, but it was REALLY bad the years in between).

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I remember T.I. winning the world title in 06, dropping the belt to Ye the next year and like nothing else for a solid year til Wayne finally got booked in the Main Events in 09.

Excellent metaphor and I had no idea I posted this in TSC :dead: @hustlemania @FreshAIG can one of y'all move this to The Booth??

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
They were over though. Argue with the booking all you want but they were more over than some of your favorites.

Nas : Halle Berry blew a kiss at me. :ahh:

Halle Berry : :usure: Wrong.

Hurricane Chris : Halle Beeerrrryyy, Halle Berry

Halle Berry :

"Smarten Up Nas" but did Nas smarten up? Nope, still trying to get that chain mat wrestling over.