“You supposed to be the boogeyman, go do what you do.” - Drake

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
A street cat will see what isn't pointed out and hear what isn't said. Drake actually called himself a decorated general :russ:. Not only did he underestimate, he miscalculated, misstepped, fell into traps, was left grasping for straws, embellishing and moving goalposts. Cac got negged by life. Now he gotta go make an album to fulfill that deal.

I think it's safe to say he's beyond Ja Rule status. Ya boy about to get a Dr. PHIL-Esque therapist. Do morning talk shows about how he's in treatment and he will also get the "other" beard.

Imagine going to war with real street nikkas and this is your backbone... his movie is in the works now. I heard it's called "Coming From America".

It's about a Yung prince who... Yall know the rest. He gonna be knocking out Pirus like Dre in Compton.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
It’s still wild to me how arrogant he took this battle. He really thought he could rely on the internet and his celebrity status to be on his side.

He legit didn’t look at him like his peer. Quiet it’s kept, he didn’t see Cole as his peer either

His ego had him feeling like he was THE number one artist in the rap game.

His arrogance and ego was what brought him down.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I felt a sharp pain in my stomach watching them crush the van. It was like crushing my youth.
I don't give a fukk if Drake was "doing one for the 6ix" , Kendrick was/is the man of the era.

Wow! I literally felt what you said. I knew how iconic that album cover was and I knew the significance especially for the younger generation of that time and you said it right there.

I actually give daps to the filming because I don't think I've ever had such a reaction to a video like that.

I thought it was very distasteful and disrespectful tho.

I know all is fair in a rap battle but that was foul - in a visual way.

But I feel it made Drake more unlikeable.

It's kinda like the Pusha T "Tick tick tick" line of him dissing a sick man.

I like Pusha but feel he should have apologized just for that part later on.

Wild.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
The arrogant moves like crushing the van played a part in drake's loss. The flagrant disrespect and lack of care for the culture won't rub everyone the right way.

Wiping your ass with precious cultural heirlooms is the behavior of colonizers, dot hit the nail on the head.

Wow, I felt the same thing.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Kendrick won this battle and it was a challenge.

Last edited:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
For weeks people were calling Kendrick a coward for not responding.

They kept taunting him.

Then he responded and everyone fell the fukk back.

He truly surpassed all expectations.

That 6am and Meet the joints are two of my favorite Kendrick joints.

I'm not a big fan, but I respected him.

That 6am in LA song converted me to a believer.

Like it's literally one of my favorite hip hop joints in a while now.

I feel like it's still packed with explosives that yet to detonate. It's intricate and deep.

I will say that the video of Drake when he brought the good kid Van replica to Toronto was also a very shocking thing to me.

I was lying next to my girl when I saw it and got up and yelled what the fukk?!

She was like what's wrong?

And it was because of that van imaged and what it meant with that album and that generation.

Another wtf when I saw it on the Gardiner Expressway and the CN tower in the back.

Save the guard getting shot unrelated - this is a great battle.

Battles like this are healthy for hip hop.

Idiots get cleared out, the strong survive.

Kendrick just fukked everyone up.

Great moment in hip hop history and the wealthiest battle so far.
arent you canadian?

my apologies if you arent. i wouldnt want to be associated with drizzy's country either

my girl likes drake so its been hard to not completely clown on him

that said, i consider this revenge for making me sit through degrassi

i always knew this dude was a creep and i feel vindicated. i can smell predators and ive been waiting for this moment

god bless kenny for outing these perverts. get these former child actors the fukk up outta here. and what kind of person are you if you identify with that guys music?

yuck

Crumple

All Star
Daps
arent you canadian?

my apologies if you arent. i wouldnt want to be associated with drizzy's country either

my girl likes drake so its been hard to not completely clown on him

that said, i consider this revenge for making me sit through degrassi

i always knew this dude was a creep and i feel vindicated. i can smell predators and ive been waiting for this moment

god bless kenny for outing these perverts. get these former child actors the fukk up outta here. and what kind of person are you if you identify with that guys music?

yuck

I am Canadian. Born and raised in Toronto, both parents born in Croatia and immigrated here in the 60s and 70s.

Drake definitely does his thing and is a major success. But him making love songs when he's really a player doesn't resonate with me.

That being said I think Kendrick did win the battle.

I also feel Drake's 8am in Charlotte video and track is very dope.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I am Canadian. Born and raised in Toronto, both parents born in Croatia and immigrated here in the 60s and 70s.

Drake definitely does his thing and is a major success. But him making love songs when he's really a player doesn't resonate with me.

That being said I think Kendrick did win the battle.

I also feel Drake's 8am in Toronto video and track is very dope.
i cant respect dude at all. its like if the home alone kid decided to rap.

and i would be humiliated at this point if thats what my city is known for

who do you think won crump? does toronto feel the same? :ohhh:

Crumple

All Star
Daps
i cant respect dude at all. its like if the home alone kid decided to rap.

and i would be humiliated at this point if thats what my city is known for

who do you think won crump? does toronto feel the same? :ohhh:

I think Kendrick won the actual battle. I think success and money wise Drake wins. But conscience and living good wise I think Kendrick won as well.

Some 27 year old hip hop fans I know in Toronto think Drake won.

There's also Toronto based Insta pages that support Drake every step of the way and diss Kendrick. They come off as biased.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow! I literally felt what you said. I knew how iconic that album cover was and I knew the significance especially for the younger generation of that time and you said it right there.

I actually give daps to the filming because I don't think I've ever had such a reaction to a video like that.

I thought it was very distasteful and disrespectful tho.

I know all is fair in a rap battle but that was foul - in a visual way.

But I feel it made Drake more unlikeable.

It's kinda like the Pusha T "Tick tick tick" line of him dissing a sick man.

I like Pusha but feel he should have apologized just for that part later on.

Wild.

Fukk 40, I hope he's hunched over forever