You think Beyoncé gave jigga a lot of overseas cloud?

Discussion in 'The Booth' started by Marzupial, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Marzupial

Marzupial Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

In Europe, and Asia most people and casual rap fans don't really understand lyrics so rappers like 50 cent and snoop dogg are way more popular than jay overseas

Ain't it crazy? In the states hov is considered god but overseas he's just Beyoncé husband :ohhh:

LieutenantDan dapped this.
  2. Take It In Blood

Take It In Blood Veteran Bushed

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Golden Era/Drama free Zone
    Coli Cash:
    $100.00

couldn't be further from the truth

acts like Big L, D.I.T.C, KRS and The Roots would get more love overseas than they do in the states

Americans are the ones who don't like lyrics

3. Marzupial

Marzupial Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I said casual fans, the ones who like those acts are the fanatics who are obsessed with underground rap yes there's a lot of them in Europe but they aren't the majority

4. Undead Ban

Undead Ban Fox's Sin of Greed

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Ravens
    Coli Cash:
    $344400.00

No disrespect, but even in America the majority of the public view him as a "rich rapper married to Beyonce".

5. Marzupial

Marzupial Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Btw it's interesting you said that cause despite of what I wrote in my last post, the fanatics that I mentioned in the last post normally aren't big fans of Jigga too

They fukk with the type of nikkas you mentioned, conscious rappers and underground rappers

6. A187

A187 All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

100%

Ppl outside of the US didn't give af about Jay-Z until he became Beyonce's husband

7. BlackDiBiase

BlackDiBiase Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

clout but i agree and even extend it to say his the only one that benefited from that agreement. Beyonce was a bigger star before and hasnt risen ever since had to copy rihannas promicous ways to stay relevant. jay bodied her career.

if you thinking dumb shyt like shes the biggest RnB star obviously whats comp, keisha cole,mya,teedra moses, obviously. she hasnt surpassed the 90s stars like mariah,whitney and them nor has her hollywood career recovered since jay-z attachment.

went from austin powers and pink panther to hood b flicks, jay made a fortune shes regressed.

Rembrandt, Boxstate Reject, mson and 2 others dapped this.
  8. Marzupial

Marzupial Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Just to go deeper on this one

Jay most popular joint in Europe is the one he did with them whiteboys linking park

I think at the time jay knew his clout overseas was weak( 50 cent was popping at that time) that's why he did it

And it worked to a certain extent,that and of course the songs and videos with beyonce

9. DaveyDave

DaveyDave Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Australia
    Coli Cash:
    $342500.00

Jay has never been that big down here. I don’t think he had anything on the pop video charts over here until black album maybe. Hard Knock Life was a bit of a hit but not like in the States. Change Clothes and 99 Problems was his first real thing where people knew him down here besides hip hop heads of course. I remember buying Vol 2 and even some of my mates who were to Hip Hop didn’t really know him.

Marzupial dapped this.
  10. Marzupial

Marzupial Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Yeah it's crazy, why you think it's like that?

Iam a huge hov Stan and I think it's because jigga does a lot subliminal and intricate shyt, his music(especially in his early days) is something to listen too and reflect about it and not something to dance to

11. Marzupial

Marzupial Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Life is really about perspectives.

Hov talks to other rappers like he is they god meanwhile to the rest of the world his bytch is way above him

:ohhh:

BlackDiBiase dapped this.
  12. Marzupial

Marzupial Banned

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Yeah I said that linkin park joint but you right I think 99 problems was his biggest hit in Europe

Fun fact Iam a huge jay fan but never liked that song nor the video or the beat, only the hook was fire to me:yeshrug:

13. Aimé

Aimé Verified

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $250500.00

are any of you overseas?
    TF yall talking.
    Hov sold out multiple concerts in UK France Holland Belgium.. during the ROC LA FAMILIA ERA
    i know cause I've been there..

14. BlackDiBiase

BlackDiBiase Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

so did afroman, party goers go out to this shyt rarely because of just the act.

Jay outside NY before B, was unknown jamiee foxx said in 99 no one knew him at his LA party.

Jay the black kevin federline.

Marzupial dapped this.
  15. Harry B

Harry B Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Jay was doing radio in London before he was doing radio in New York and people don't understand English in other countries? :mjtf:

I've met people from the hood in European countries that speak better English than people from the hood in the US :skip:

People have to travel more and assume less, nobody pays premium money to see the husband rapping about the opposite of what another famous person sings about. Just by looking at statistics Hard Knock Life peaked higher in many European countries than in the US.

But it wasn't until recently the past 10 years, when he dropped big pop joints like Run This Town, ESOM and those type of joints that he started selling out arenas quick.

And this 50 cent/Snoop Dogg thing is a myth too, the biggest rappers anywhere are Drake, J. Cole, Kendrick, Jay-z, Cardi B, Nicki, Travis Scott, Eminem, Post Malone and Kanye.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019