Your best/worst eBay experiences

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Brehs, had to up to this thread. Just got scammed for $450 and a collectible bomber jacket. Sent to the guy, he gets it says it's fake. We open dispute, I post receipts and all kind of shyt, he just keep saying it is fake. Of course yall know how ebay roles. So he sends it back, I film myself opening the package and inside is a bunch of empty packages and water bottles :mjcry: I file an appeal and of course ebay sides with him. I'm hoping paypal can refund me but I don't have much faith in them.
I retired from selling anything of value on eBay. There's just no way to protect yourself from scammers. If someone wants to scam you on eBay they will do it and eBay will help them.

Tweet on social media like the guy on Neo Gaf did who got scammed on his PS4. eBay refunded him his money after siding with the buyer at first.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I retired from selling anything of value on eBay. There's just no way to protect yourself from scammers. If someone wants to scam you on eBay they will do it and eBay will help them.

Tweet on social media like the guy on Neo Gaf did who got scammed on his PS4. eBay refunded him his money after siding with the buyer at first.

Just found out that Paypal enables the scammers as well. Very shytty situation all around. These companies leave us with zero protection and don't give us a chance to present our side of the story.

That guy was lucky to get 250 retweets but I'll try it as well. Thanks.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Brehs, had to up to this thread. Just got scammed for $450 and a collectible bomber jacket. Sent to the guy, he gets it says it's fake. We open dispute, I post receipts and all kind of shyt, he just keep saying it is fake. Of course yall know how ebay roles. So he sends it back, I film myself opening the package and inside is a bunch of empty packages and water bottles :mjcry: I file an appeal and of course ebay sides with him. I'm hoping paypal can refund me but I don't have much faith in them.
full

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just found out that Paypal enables the scammers as well. Very shytty situation all around. These companies leave us with zero protection and don't give us a chance to present our side of the story.

That guy was lucky to get 250 retweets but I'll try it as well. Thanks.
From eBay's perspective they have to create an environment that's safe for the buyer. If people don't feel safe buying stuff on there it's all over. As for sellers if buyers flock to eBay then sellers will come. eBay is only of the only places a normal person can go sell something for fair market value. Them and Amazon and not much else. You can sell stuff on Craigslist but if it isn't priced low to move it and it's not super popular it's hard.

It's kinda like the club in the hood. The women get in free and the men have to pay. If they let the women in then the men will be there and pay.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
Seconded. I'll never understand people doing this like we don't have your fukking mailing address.
Too many people do shyt without thinking it through.
This is the reason why I never fukk people over, cuz they can backtrace that shyt and next thing I'm on Twitter and FB's summer jam screen :chillhov:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Best - When I think it was season 4 of The Wire that leaked early. I was selling them shyts like crazy. Surprised I didn't get flagged for that.

Worst - My girl a casual Cowboys fan so I copped her a jersey. 1st one was too small even though it said medium it looked like a little girls medium. Right then I knew the shyt was fake but my girl liked it so I just asked for an exchange. Got the next one and the bytch didn't have the NFL shield on it:dead: I told my girl and she was like :manny: "I'll only wear it on Sundays anyway. My girlfriends don't know anything about real or fake jerseys."

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Seconded. I'll never understand people doing this like we don't have your fukking mailing address.
What can we do with an address? I can file a police report but nothing will come of it. I can buy a plane ticket and run up on him but that most likely gets me in jail.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
Worst - I was selling a phone and everything went smoothly until the person decided he wanted to return it even though i did not accept any returns. they claim the phone was not how it was according to the description, even though I always be detailed when it comes to selling used phones. They took the matter to Ebay and after a few days they sent the phone back to me but they didn't even bother to give me tracking info so i had no clue if they even sent it for delivery or not. So for 5-6 days i'm left wondering where this is at since they didn't bother to communicate (ignored my messages). I called eBay and they said if I don't get the returned product back within 7 business days then I get to keep the money and if the product is returned after the 7 day window I get to keep the product too.

Well, here we are on the 7th day and I get it back. The tracking info was there but the buyer did not bother to give me it. I look back at me eBay seller rating and the a$$hole decided to call me a liar even though I was the one communicating fluently and provided everything in detail. My seller rating drops down and now it's more difficult trying to sell things because of that one blemish. Especially since I sell without returns being accepted.

Best - Don't really have one that stands out. Just simple cases of being lucky and getting the item in only 2 days after ordering. One time I got lucky after ordering an iPhone 6 plus and got it after 1 day of ordering it. I appreciate the sellers who attempt to ship out items the same day after receiving payment.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
you need to elaborate on how this dude won the appeal, you gave enough proof that the jacket was bought with receipts
you posted video of you opening the package, it doesn't add up

im a power seller btw

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you need to elaborate on how this dude won the appeal, you gave enough proof that the jacket was bought with receipts
you posted video of you opening the package, it doesn't add up

im a power seller btw
They don't look at that shyt. They pay the buyer back and reverse the PayPal transaction. At the end of the day all you can prove is you sent the buyer a box. You have no way of proving what was inside the box. If the buyer says it was fake then it's fake. A video is meaningless because I can pack some crap in a box and put the info on it or refill the actual shipping box with junk and film myself opening it.

eBay will always error on the side of the buyer. Even when they gave me my money back it's only because they mishandled the return shipping not because the buyer broke my shyt.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
They don't look at that shyt. They pay the buyer back and reverse the PayPal transaction. At the end of the day all you can prove is you sent the buyer a box. You have no way of proving what was inside the box. If the buyer says it was fake then it's fake. A video is meaningless because I can pack some crap in a box and put the info on it or refill the actual shipping box with junk and film myself opening it.

eBay will always error on the side of the buyer. Even when they gave me my money back it's only because they mishandled the return shipping not because the buyer broke my shyt.
Yoooooo that Twitter shyt worked! Woke up in the morning with the money in my PayPal account. :blessed: :salute: for the idea. But fukk ebay since they said it was a one time courtesy. Not selling any more high value shyt on there.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
My best experience was getting this Surface Pro 3 i5 256gb that I'm typing on last year for like $550. Came with keyboard, pen, charger in damn near new condition. Also, came with a warranty until 2018.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yoooooo that Twitter shyt worked! Woke up in the morning with the money in my PayPal account. :blessed: :salute: for the idea. But fukk ebay since they said it was a one time courtesy. Not selling any more high value shyt on there.
Good. These companies monitor that social media and they don't want the bad press or stuff like that going viral.

It's tough not selling high value stuff on eBay because unless you sell to a friend there's almost nowhere else to sell it. I got stuff at my house right now sitting around that I can't get decent prices for on CL and am basically stuck with. Might take some of it to a pawn shop just to get rid of it.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Good. These companies monitor that social media and they don't want the bad press or stuff like that going viral.

It's tough not selling high value stuff on eBay because unless you sell to a friend there's almost nowhere else to sell it. I got stuff at my house right now sitting around that I can't get decent prices for on CL and am basically stuck with. Might take some of it to a pawn shop just to get rid of it.
Is Amazon the same way with sellers?