Your favorite chain retail stores from the early 00s being out of business unappreciation

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
This economy has killed a lot of my favorite retail spots. Here's a list of some. Feel free to post yours :smugfavre:

1. Borders Books and Music: shyts all over Barnes and Noble in terms of book selection and overall atmosphere. Barnes and Noble is cramped and they don't have as much sitting area as most Borders I've frequented.

2. Blockbuster: I used to go in blockbuster and scan randomly for movies I hadn't seen before. I'm talking old movies, not new releases. Now all we have is redbox and netflix :what:

3. Tower Records: They had a great selection of music. FYE isn't bad, but they never have what I really want.

4. Suncoast: I think FYE bought them out. I used to go in there and pick up mad anime dvds. FYE has a nice selection, too, but I still don't think it's the same.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
OMG COMPUSA! That's on my list, too. Their software section was :ohlawd: I completely forgot about Babbages. What did they sell there again?
Babbages was basically gamespot or electronics boutique but not annoying

RIP FUNCOLAND (they would rip you off on buyback, but they had GOAT playable game display demos)

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

RIP FUNCOLAND (they would rip you off on buyback, but they had GOAT playable game display demos)
Holy shyt, I didn't know FunCo Land was out of business. Their prices were outrageous, but they had a dope selection.

Remember when EB Games was Egghead? :pachaha:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

FuncoLand changed its name to Gamestop breh....same company

RIP to MediaPlay...I used to get all my CDs from them back in the day when best Buy was lesser known

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
FuncoLand changed its name to Gamestop breh....same company
wiki so take it fwiw

GameStop traces its roots to Babbage's, a small software retailer that started in Dallas, Texas in 1984. The movements that made Babbage's into GameStop started in 1994 with a series of mergers between Babbage's and several other software retailers.[10] A merger with FuncoLand stores (who owned Game Informer magazine) followed in 2000, as well as one with Electronics Boutique in 2005. Internationally, there was a merger with the Gamesworld franchise in Ireland and in the United Kingdom in 2008, and a merger with French-based Micromania.

All of the dying stores took on the identity and culture of gamespot from my experience

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
wiki so take it fwiw

GameStop traces its roots to Babbage's, a small software retailer that started in Dallas, Texas in 1984. The movements that made Babbage's into GameStop started in 1994 with a series of mergers between Babbage's and several other software retailers.[10] A merger with FuncoLand stores (who owned Game Informer magazine) followed in 2000, as well as one with Electronics Boutique in 2005. Internationally, there was a merger with the Gamesworld franchise in Ireland and in the United Kingdom in 2008, and a merger with French-based Micromania.

All of the dying stores took on the identity and culture of gamespot from my experience

Yea we both are right...funcoLand got ate up by gamestop and the rest is history