‘You’re a Black person in a white neighborhood,’ Karen w/ the taser tells Cali breh in racist rant..

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...

A neighborhood dispute about dogs in Discovery Bay took a racist turn on Monday, when a white woman approached a Black man and told him, “You’re a Black person in a white neighborhood — and you’re acting like one.”

“Why don’t you act like a white person in a white neighborhood?” Adana Dean asked Gerritt Jones, according to videos that Jones’ sister, Jariell, posted on Twitter. The videos included security footage from the Jones’ home and cell phone footage taken by Jariell Jones.

Jariell Jones said the interaction was surprising — but not entirely unexpected.

“Being Black in America, we see these things so much,” she said. “We were kind of expecting something like this to happen soon.”

Jones said Dean initially approached her nephew and the family’s 2-year-old pit bull, Dice, asking to pet the dog. She told Dice he was a good boy and eventually left.

But five minutes later, she appeared again.

In the videos, Dean was seen holding her poodle in one hand and what appeared to be a dog-training device in the other at the doorstep of the Jones’ home. She said the family’s pit full attacked her dog, which does not appear to be injured in the video. Jones said to another family member in the video that he thought Dean had arrived with a Taser shock weapon.

“We were raised around Black people — most of them were very nice,” Dean told Jones in one of the videos.

Jones asked Dean to leave his property: “I don’t know if you’re just having a bad day or whatever, but today ain’t the day.”

Other family members walked outside as Dean continued telling the Jones family that they were “acting like Black people.” She also told them that she had a “top-secret clearance.”

Dean eventually left the property, but not before threatening the Jones family with legal action.

Reached by phone Tuesday, Dean reiterated the threat of legal action and said that she only approached Gerritt Jones to ask whether his dog had a rabies shot — though in the videos, she accused the dog of attacking her poodle.

“The reason I went to them was because there was a dog in the street with a little boy — a little Black boy — so I knew whose it was,” Dean said. She said that two months ago, she was bitten by a different dog. She said she thought pit bulls could be dangerous, so she wanted to ask Jones whether the dog’s shots were up-to-date.

After The Chronicle played sound from the video for Dean, she denied saying anything racist and accused the Joneses of doctoring the video.

“I am almost 80 years old,” Dean said. “I have worked most of my life. … There’s no racial discrimination here — absolutely none. I am completely aghast at what’s going on here.”

Dean told The Chronicle that one of her best friends is Black. She also denied that she was holding a stun gun, and said she was carrying a device that uses a bright light to chase aggressive dogs away.

Dean’s husband, Peter Dean, also said that his wife was not racist, but said that he and his wife both have memory problems.

Peter Dean alternated between saying that the video was manipulated and that it was not. He acknowledged it would take a lot of effort to doctor the video’s audio, but said, “I find it hard not to say that someone’s dreaming something up here.”

Jimmy Lee, a spokesperson for the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office, said deputies responded to the home Monday and contacted both families.

“The Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff takes these types of acts seriously,” Lee said. “… Although Deputies determined that no crime had been committed, a report was taken to document the interaction between the two neighbors, as the original complaint was in reference to a neighbor dispute due to an off-leash dog.”

The case will be referred to animal control, Lee said.

Asked to comment about Dean’s allegations that the video was manipulated, Jariell Jones called her “delusional.”

“She’s obviously lying, and it’s sad to see that she continues to lie, even after she’s been caught,” Jones said.

EllipticalDifficultAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Lol..im everywhere. I should press record over the shyt I see. White girl seemingly wanted to go downstairs in a elevator but almost made a dash for the 2nd floor..lol. Asian girl visually jumped when that elevator got to her. Lol. Comical.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Memory problems? Hell, I sometimes have memory problems and I'm not a racist bigot. This is just racism at its finest.

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Funny, I was just talking about the racist ass Bay Area in another thread earlier today. Not surprised at all.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
There was another thread here on this, but she didn't want them there in the first place, that's the real problem she has here.

It's all fun and games until they look up and have Black neighbors. They have no problem dealing with us in passing or in support roles.

You can cook my food, come dump my trash, or even share the same workspace, but the minute you try to move into into their community, date their daughter for you PAWGers, or assume a leadership role that they are not typically accustomed to seeing us then the racism comes out more overtly.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
She said "act like a white person"....so she better not get upset when breh walk up to her house with a taser holding his dog:troll:
Or someone robbed her house for valuables and then hit them medicine cabinets, and if they got caught, they can say “MeeMaw, it’s just me, Anthony, my stomach really hurts and I need my ‘medicine’, I’m sorry, I love you so much, I just hurt my leg soo bad skateboarding......you are the only ones that care about me! You remember how I was telling you I hurt my.........back? It hurts so bad! Do you still have those, what are they called again? Oxycodone? Oh, why do I need Pop Pops watch? I was just gonna bring it to get cleaned! Can I borrow 100 dollars? It’s 2am? I thought it was 2pm” even knowing that a majority of my people are garbage, 70+ million votes for this fukking clown was more of a wake up call for me, although I know that my people, as a whole, will never “do better”, all I can do is be even more vigilant in calling my people out on their bullshyt, I know how my people be, and every fukking neighborhood in the US that has a majority of white people in it is EXACTLY the same way as this video, no exceptions.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Would never live there. Closest i would get is Antioch but would not want to live there either, but i wont say they are wrong for living there. Once you start going east and northeast of the Delta you will run into these people more often but you will get more regardless once you go east of the Caldecott tunnel.