1.35B Lottery winner's family turns against him in messy lawsuit

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
He won enough to easily throw his parents 10mil each, which would have them set for the rest of their life given their age. Yeah, he don't have to do it, but it's something he is easily capable of doing.

This dude is a prick.

degu9089

All Star
Daps
Yea. That's true but most people want to stunt on the people they around, I'm cool with moving to Cali or any HCOL area and blending in were my millions wouldn't matter so much.....
Funny, I’ve lived in Cali in the Bay, if I won I’d live an upper middle class life somewhere quieter with more black people.

degu9089

All Star
Daps
He won enough to easily throw his parents 10mil each, which would have them set for the rest of their life given their age. Yeah, he don't have to do it, but it's something he is easily capable of doing.

This dude is a prick.
They recommend 20% into a trust for your family, that’s $100 million with 4% conservative return rate to live off of. After the highest possible taxes in that, that’s $2 million a year split between mom, dad, sister, ex and daughter. Each could get a salary of $360k, buy them a health care package for $20k a year and $20k for help/maintenance/security each. That still leaves you with $400 mil+ to invest for yourself.

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
I cant imagine winning a huge jackpot like this and still being selfish. It’s literally found money. You have enough to break off the people around you a substantial sum to vastly improve their quality of life and STILL have enough to live lavishly for 10 lifetimes with money left over. Some people are just naturally selfish and wicked :snoop:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm telling you, money make even FAMILY do weird things and act in ways you NEVER thought they would.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want to win the lottery, but people, no matter how good you think you know them, will surprise you when they feel like they can get or are "entitled" to something from you smh...

I don't need to win a billion dollars, and I'd want to help everyone in my circle but I KNOW that opens the floodgates to craziness. God knows what is good for me lol. When you win the lottery it's different than you going out and earning or making that kind of scratch, people feel entitled to lottery wins but (kind of) "understand" that you earned it if that's how you came into wealth. They just treat "wins" different than actually earning the money...(again, sometimes)

Facts

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
I'm telling you, money make even FAMILY do weird things and act in ways you NEVER thought they would.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want to win the lottery, but people, no matter how good you think you know them, will surprise you when they feel like they can get or are "entitled" to something from you smh...

I don't need to win a billion dollars, and I'd want to help everyone in my circle but I KNOW that opens the floodgates to craziness. God knows what is good for me lol. When you win the lottery it's different than you going out and earning or making that kind of scratch, people feel entitled to lottery wins but (kind of) "understand" that you earned it if that's how you came into wealth. They just treat "wins" different than actually earning the money...(again, sometimes)

You clearly didn't read the story.

The son (the lottery winner) is the problem and is just selfish.

When a father is siding with his daughter in law (a non blood relative) over his own blood something is clearly OFF in the relationship.