150,000 in Jackson, Mississippi are without safe drinking water. Here's how you can help

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
The leadership in Jackson is black if that’s what you’re wondering. Everyone in Mississippi doesn’t have that problem for change like that to even come into the discussion.
Yea, I grew up on the Gulf Coast, and my folks still live there. I don’t think the state would ever let this happen to the coast, and part of the reason is most of that area is white. My city is predominantly white, and one of the more wealthier city’s and counties in the state. Funny thing is, we were always a blue city up until the past 5-7 years.

I’m hoping for the best for Jackson. I know Jackson resident David Banner, and other black folks were a big help when we went through our trouble with Katrina. Time for the rest of the state to help out the Jack.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yea, I grew up on the Gulf Coast, and my folks still live there. I don’t think the state would ever let this happen to the coast, and part of the reason is most of that area is white. My city is predominantly white, and one of the more wealthier city’s and counties in the state. Funny thing is, we were always a blue city up until the past 5-7 years.

I’m hoping for the best for Jackson. I know Jackson resident David Banner, and other black folks were a big help when we went through our trouble with Katrina. Time for the rest of the state to help out the Jack.
No way would they let that happen to the coast or the northern wealthier areas of the state. I’m willing to bet that the state capitol has running water and if it doesn’t, those politicians aren’t coming back there until it does will talk about the problem from afar.

oGTRFG

Banned
Daps
Damn this doesn’t even happen in third world countries not this side of the world

GooPunch

Pro
Daps
Hey Coli Brehs, can we unite and donate and lets say have a truck full of Water bottles/cases delivered to Jackson? Maybe facilitate the delivery through a trusted church or community center? @Brooklynzson
@Nicole0416_718_929_646212 posted these in another thread:

The Mississippi Rapid Response Coalition, made up of over 30 organizations in the state, is taking donations online with a goal of raising at least $2 million. Donations will be used to purchase: water, reusable water containers, filters, and transport these items to those in need.

Other local organizations, like Operation Good, are taking donations through Cashapp under the tag ($Operationgoodms). The Immigrant Alliance for Justice & Equity of Mississippi is also accepting monetary contributions via Venmo (@IAJEofMS), Cashapp ($IAJEofMS) and Paypal (@IAJEofMS), which will be used to supply water.

The Mississippi Food Network is accepting donations online, as is the mutual aid group Cooperation Jackson, and New Horizon Ministries—which already regularly distributes food and water to the community.

Local students in the area have also created the MS Student Water Crisis Advocacy Team, which aims to deliver water to people who are not physically able to get it themselves due to age or disability. They are accepting donations under the ($JxnWaterCrisis22) on Cashapp.

If you are in the area and would prefer to donate water and supplies, most coalitions are asking that you get in contact with them to share the best location and time for drop-off.

• The Mississippi Rapid Response Coalition: Email rapidresponse@peoplesadvocacyinstitute.comto arrange pick-up/drop off.
  • Operation Good: Call (601) 874-4521 to arrange pick-up/drop off. If you are out of the immediate area, you can ship goods to 2827 Oak Forest Dr., Jackson, MS, 39204, but organizers ask that you contact them ahead of time.
  • New Horizon International Church: Call (601) 371-1427 to coordinate donations
  • Cooperation Jackson: Email cooperationjackson@gmail.comor call (601) 355-7224

I just donated. I'm going to do more research and spread the word.

shyt honestly breaks my heart.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

Sounds like you're describing Pass Christian.

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
No way would they let that happen to the coast or the northern wealthier areas of the state. I’m willing to bet that the state capitol has running water and if it doesn’t, those politicians aren’t coming back there until it does will talk about the problem from afar.
speaking of politics; I mentioned how my city was/is probably one of the wealthiest in the state and was blue, democrat ran for the longest. Well, that all changed once the Democratic mayor of my town was revealed to be a drunk, and she ended up killing someone driving drunk. These white folks and city hasn’t forgave her or the dems for that, and ever since has voted repub. Before that, it seemed the coast used to alternate between being red and blue.