150,000 in Jackson, Mississippi are without safe drinking water. Here's how you can help

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Sounds like you're describing Pass Christian.
You’re close, but it’s Ocean Springs. We used to go back and forth with Pass Christian for being one of the top school districts in the state.

The blackest city in our county is Moss Point(Devin Bookers hometown) and it has always been the worst performing school in the county and it’s the city that is ran the worst. The money isn’t really distributed to that city like that and it shows. That was how I first learned how Mississippi did it’s black folks.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
You’re close, but it’s Ocean Springs. We used to go back and forth with Pass Christian for being one of the top school districts in the state.

The blackest city in our county is Moss Point(Devin Bookers hometown) and it has always been the worst performing school in the county and it’s the city that ran the worst. The money isn’t really distributed to that city like that and it shows. That was how I first learned how Mississippi did it’s black folks.
Oh okay. I'm from N.O. over the years I have heard about both towns having old money.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Racist state, racist governor, racist CAC.

More than 40% of revenue comes from the federal government. They need to stop giving money to states like Mississippi. Or at least cut back.

And why black athletes continue to go to racist schools like Ol’Miss is embarrassing. Helping generate millions of dollars to these CAC schools.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Why are people talking down on Mississippi and/or about the thought of living there:gucci: No one gives a fukk.

I'm starting to think we need our own disaster relief programs. I'm looking around for ways to help but we know the song and dance with a lot of these orgs

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
I’m trying to figure out why this government can send $10 Billion to UKKKraine every two weeks, but can’t provide drinkable water to the residents of Jackson Mississippi. If state corruption is the issue, the Feds should step in.
:jbhmm:

We shouldn’t have to come out of our pockets for anything. Our tax dollars that we already pay should be utilized in helping these people, as opposed to fighting another racist and corrupt cac country’s wars (that they’ll inevitably lose, by the way).
:dahell:

Daps
This is fukked up. The state and city dropped the ball. Drinking water and Wastewater arent sexy topics so its not a priority until you cant use the water.

Because I'm in the environmental field, Ill just put it like this. Outside of major US cities, most of America's public drinking water and wastewater treatment systems are beyond need of upgrades and updates. We are still pumping clean water through old iron & lead pipes from at least the 1950's.

I used to work in infrastructure and America is on the brink in every aspect of being a 3rd world nation. Bridges, water lines, electrical, transportation lines, shyt is held together by duct tape.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I’ve said this before but I’ve visited Jackson a few times and it shocks me how out in the open the disparity is.

You can tell exactly where the white county begins, literally the roads change from shytty to brand new fresh paved smooth rides right at the the sign that says entering the next county.

The high school in the neighboring city is a damn castle. shyt looks like 3 mansions put together. They got 10 grocery stores all within 5 miles of each other.

It’s like 2 different worlds separated only by an invisible border.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yeah My sis and her fam out there... I been checking on her. Told her to leave but they still got her ass working..
:childplease:

I swear to the God above, to the universe... If I ever make it nobody I love will HAVE to do dumb shyt like this... I'm still waiting until it gets TOO bad.. my sis tuff and downplays her shyt. But this isn't something to be tuff about.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I’ve said this before but I’ve visited Jackson a few times and it shocks me how out in the open the disparity is.

You can tell exactly where the white county begins, literally the roads change from shytty to brand new fresh paved smooth rides right at the the sign that says entering the next county.

The high school in the neighboring city is a damn castle. shyt looks like 3 mansions put together. They got 10 grocery stores all within 5 miles of each other.

It’s like 2 different worlds separated only by an invisible border.
Tell that to.the advocates for a mass southern migration to live in isolation. That is a prime sitting duck situation. It makes it easy to abuse brehs, cut off resources and so forth.

I'm sure they will try and justify the disparity by claiming that some counties pay more property tax than others.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I’m trying to figure out why this government can send $10 Billion to UKKKraine every two weeks, but can’t provide drinkable water to the residents of Jackson Mississippi. If state corruption is the issue, the Feds should step in.
:jbhmm:
Deuteronomy 28:16,48
Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.

48 Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the Lord shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.