$1500-$1600 apts in NYC

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Nah...if you're making 60k/yr you can live pretty well in the south or midwest. I'm talking a house in a good neighborhood, two cars, insurance, money in the bank and a reasonable amount of disposable income. For example, in Michigan, Ann Arbor is considered an expensive area but even the nicest places there wouldn't be over $1k in rent for the most part. Where I live now (Lansing) you can easily get a decent apartment for under $600 and if you're paying $800+ for rent, then you're probably gated community status.

If you make 60k/yr in New York, you're probably barely making rent. :sadcam:

Can't really speak on pay differences in NY but it's hard to imagine they're huge enough to make up for the cost of living.

Exactly, I was working at a museum in NY and was doing all right.

Got the same pay at a job in the Midwest and felt like I was BALLIN .

It was like taking the training weights of off of a baseball bat.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
they won't hear me though
How does a janitor that works in Manhattan earn a living without living in Manhattan, which he probably can't afford.

The broke ass employees that work out there probably sleep on a matress in the basement of the building they work in.

Makin 30k sleepin in a cardboard box :mjlol:

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
:rudy:
That same 8.50 hour at H&M in NY is the same 8.50 an hour they make at H&M in virginia, Illinois, Georgia, and Texas.

Don't believe the hype. I know first hand.

If anything that min wage stretches longer down South or in the Midwest.

U ain't gonna do shyt with 8.50 an hour in Chicago unless u got that Link card on deck

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Why the hell would you want to move from Cali to NY and deal with that weather? :what:

You can move anywhere and you pick NY? :snoop:

A lot of Cali folks are moving from there to Oregon and Washington State to deal with all that rain

NYC weather isn't that bad. We are not talking about Syracuse, NY

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
You pay for what you get.
A lot more people from all over the world want to live in NY because it's obviously the best city if you can afford it, which is why it's expensive.
Same with San Francisco and perhaps LA.

People are not really moving from Paris to the fukking Memphis :dead:.

Pay more = get a better city, pay less = get a shyttier city.
So define losing.

Those cities in New Jersey and Connecticut are just there to rip people off.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
move up to the north bronx. north of kingsbridge road and it isnt so bad. i pay 1200 for a huge 1 bedroom with a living room so big i could turn it into a 2nd bedroom. most of the people in the building on my apartment line have done that already. i got an elevator, laundry in the basement, and the D train is a 5 minute walk away. it takes me 35-40 minutes to get to work everyday in midtown manhattan.

brick james

John piffington
Daps
again i said what does NYC have that most BIG cities don't? Alabama doesn't have any big cities. now answer the question

I'm gonna go with food on this one, I eat out at a lot of nice places, and I'll put up the fine dining in NYC over anywhere in the world outside paris and japan.. im living in the bay right now, and the food is good, but nothings coming close to NYC as far as fine dining goes.. we talmabout like 80 michelin star restaurants in a few mile radius breh and im trynna go to each one

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
How does a janitor that works in Manhattan earn a living without living in Manhattan, which he probably can't afford.

The broke ass employees that work out there probably sleep on a matress in the basement of the building they work in.

Makin 30k sleepin in a cardboard box :mjlol:

If you think Freddy the janitor struggling, you must not know Dominican Economics:win: