$1500-$1600 apts in NYC

Daps
Do they exist? Well I'm sure they eXist but wat type of place can that get you?

I got a new job and I can basically work in any city that has an opening for my specific title...I'm in Cali now and Im trying to move across country , wanna try new shyt.

I got people I Boston but I'd rather try NY, I got a cousin out there, she pays 1500 a month for a small ass apartment in Crown Heightz BK with a roomate:what:.
I'm sure it depends on the area/borough but I wanna stay within a 1 hr commute to JFK (not using a car)

I've looked online at various rental sites but it really don't help because I have no idea what the area is like. What's some chill spots for trans plants? It ain't gotta be in grenage village or no shyt but not the pj's either.
I could possibly swing $2k a month for rent but I'd rather not.
also I wanna avoid the hipster/gentrification areas if possible

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I pay 2k a month for a shytty one bedroom in a walk up on the upper east side. shyt is depressing :snoop: you won't find much for $1600 a month unless you're in deep Brooklyn or queens. You might be able to find a decent spot in Harlem for that much but you'll be way the hell uptown and won't have much as far as entertainment and food options

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Do they exist? Well I'm sure they eXist but wat type of place can that get you?

I got a new job and I can basically work in any city that has an opening for my specific title...I'm in Cali now and Im trying to move across country , wanna try new shyt.

I got people I Boston but I'd rather try NY, I got a cousin out there, she pays 1500 a month for a small ass apartment in Crown Heightz BK with a roomate:what:.
I'm sure it depends on the area/borough but I wanna stay within a 1 hr commute to JFK (not using a car)

I've looked online at various rental sites but it really don't help because I have no idea what the area is like. What's some chill spots for trans plants? It ain't gotta be in grenage village or no shyt but not the pj's either.
I could possibly swing $2k a month for rent but I'd rather not.
also I wanna avoid the hipster/gentrification areas if possible
That 1,500 including roommates? Because that's expensive as hell. Could never move to NY.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I pay 2k a month for a shytty one bedroom in a walk up on the upper east side. shyt is depressing :snoop: you won't find much for $1600 a month unless you're in deep Brooklyn or queens. You might be able to find a decent spot in Harlem for that much but you'll be way the hell uptown and won't have much as far as entertainment and food options
2k a month :dahell:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
2k a month :dahell:
Yeah and that's considered a "budget" apartment :snoop:

Anything nice in a good neighborhood will set you back about $2500 a month minimum. I'll probably be spending that this summer when I get my promotion :snoop: tryna cop a nice place in lower east side, flatiron, or Williamsburg

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
:patrice: ole girl is payin a lil too much to live with roommates in muhfukkin crown heights. Shouldn't be more than $1000 a month with roommates for that hood
Man NY is, so damn expensive. It's not worth the price for me. Never got the hype with it.
Yea my cuz pays 1500 so does her roomate. I ain't havin a roomate i'ma have my wifey with me but I'm paying rent
Damn

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Yeah and that's considered a "budget" apartment :snoop:

Anything nice in a good neighborhood will set you back about $2500 a month minimum. I'll probably be spending that this summer when I get my promotion :snoop: tryna cop a nice place in lower east side, flatiron, or Williamsburg
That's fukkin highway robbery.