$1500-$1600 apts in NYC

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Go on Craigslist nikka. You can def get an apartment for $1500-$1600 in every borough except Manhattan (unless it's Wash Heights/Harlem). It's gonna be an old regular apartment though. Nothing glamorous. Stay in a Podunk town for that.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
People, yall are getting "sticker shocked".. it's not really that bad :pachaha:.

Those prices sound high to yall because of what YOU pay per month, and how much you make at work, down south.. What yall need to realize, though, is that you'd get paid much more in NYC doing the same jobs as you do in the South.

That is how the average NYC resident can pay $1500 per month rent to live in NYC.

They wouldn't be a "king" if they moved down here to live, because the wages wouldn't transfer most likely. Working at Target in NYC you'd probably make about $3 more than working at a Target in the south.

It's all relative.

True indeed. But one of my homegirls is killing shyt down in Atlanta right now. She worked for a bank out here in Cali for a few years, got transferred to Atlanta and was able to keep her same salary :wow:

She is ballin out there

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
People, yall are getting "sticker shocked".. it's not really that bad :pachaha:.

Those prices sound high to yall because of what YOU pay per month, and how much you make at work, down south.. What yall need to realize, though, is that you'd get paid much more in NYC doing the same jobs as you do in the South.

That is how the average NYC resident can pay $1500 per month rent to live in NYC.

They wouldn't be a "king" if they moved down here to live, because the wages wouldn't transfer most likely. Working at Target in NYC you'd probably make about $3 more than working at a Target in the south.

It's all relative

I call BS on that. Back when I worked retail in NYC.. Old Navy, Sears, Target, etc. pays $8-$9/hr. SAME EXACT wages as my cousin who worked at Sears, lives in Houston :mjlol:

Last edited:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I call BS on that. Back when I worked retail in NYC, Old Navy, Sears, Target, etc. pays $8-$9/hr. SAME EXACT wages as my cousin who worked at Sears, lives in Houston :mjlol:
This. Fact is that the average New Yorker spends a larger portion of his salary on rent versus the average southerner. If I moved to Atlanta or hell even Chicago, my earnings would remain the same and I'd spend about 15% of my after tax income on rent instead of the 33%+ I pay now. I'm trying to get the hell out by summer so I can buy a condo somewhere in a lower cost city

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
not that I don't believe. Not even calling you a liar. But I'm moving to LES in 3 months and my apartment there is going to be 2400 for a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom. Unless you live in Harlem or something I guess. I don't know what its like up there.

If you're living Downtown its crazy right now. And 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom is going to run you at least 3500. No chance of getting something like that for 2 grand.

Maybe she did, because Crown Heights isn't even a great neighborhood like that. It has its nice parts, but it ain't great. SO 1500 for a portion of the rent sounds a little :duck:

i'm not lying, i don't live in manhattan, i have no desire to live in manhattan. too expensive, fukk that.
maybe in 5 years when hopefully i'm making 6 figures or close to six figures

i live a 12 minute walk from my home to the subway stop, then takes about 20 minutes max to get to the city via express. i usually just take the local to work there.

key is, further away from the subway stop cheaper rent is going to be. these hipsters don't like taking busses.