$1500-$1600 apts in NYC

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
People, yall are getting "sticker shocked".. it's not really that bad :pachaha:.

Those prices sound high to yall because of what YOU pay per month, and how much you make at work, down south.. What yall need to realize, though, is that you'd get paid much more in NYC doing the same jobs as you do in the South.

That is how the average NYC resident can pay $1500 per month rent to live in NYC.

They wouldn't be a "king" if they moved down here to live, because the wages wouldn't transfer most likely. Working at Target in NYC you'd probably make about $3 more than working at a Target in the south.

It's all relative.

Daps
Lol
i live in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, apartment for 2k, in NYC
30-40 minutes from mid town,
look harder

Lol word I'm def doin my research but alot of times shyt ain't always listed..I already got put on to a area to check out in this thread so that's cool

Daps
People are getting "sticker shock". Those prices sound high to yall because of what you pay per month, and how much you make at work. What yall need to realize, though, is that you get paid much more in NYC doing the same jobs as you do in the South. That is how the average NYC resident can pay $1500 per month rent in NYC.

They wouldn't be a "king" if they moved down here to live, because the wages wouldn't transfer most likely.

Working at Target in NYC you'd probably make about $3 more than working at a Target in the south.

It's all relative.

That's how I'm looking at it cuz depending on where I move my salary will differentiate on cost of living, in atl or texas I wouldn't make as much, renuts cheaper yea but income would be less

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's how I'm looking at it cuz depending on where I move my salary will differentiate on cost of living, in atl or texas I wouldn't make as much, renuts cheaper yea but income would be less

Good luck, I'm planning to move out too, with my girl soon. I'm trying to not pay more than 1500, i'll be paying all the rent for now as well.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
rents cheaper yea but income would be less

That's what people don't realize, and they're sitting in here clowning ppl for living in NYC :snoop:

They don't even realize when all is said and done, the NYC resident may actually have more money left over at the end of every month and may actually be living a little more financially stable than say a southerner may be.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
she pays 1500 a month for a small ass apartment in Crown Heightz BK with a roomate
:duck:

This is my old place I was in before I had to get an extra room to move my little brother in. it was paying 1400 there, but its 1800 now for whoever lives there. This in Bay Ridge too.

http://www.corcoran.com/nyc/Listings/Display/3233881

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Don't y'all feel sick like 10 years down the road knowing you paid like 300k in rent
Being young in NY you almost don't have a choice. Its hard to even get approved for a mortgage here. Most of us live with rent. And the shyt here in NY that you can buy, isn't even worth owning in the long run. I don't want to own a 2 bedroom apartment. Eventually you leave the demographic that you're in now, and your needs change. If what I have planned goes according to plan, then I'll be getting a condo somewhere in the city, if not I'm just going to leave New York. Makes no sense to live here if you can't afford it. I'm only 20 though, so all I need is an apartment to myself.

Daps
:duck:

This is my old place I was in before I had to get an extra room to move my little brother in. it was paying 1400 there, but its 1800 now for whoever lives there. This in Bay Ridge too.

I don't know she said she pays 1500, and she has a random roomate so maybe she pays the bulk of the rent but I assumed they'd be paying close to the same amount.
plus maybe they got suckered I dunno

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Try looking around Jackson Heights
Nice neighborhood
Plenty of diversity
Plenty of public transportation

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
People, yall are getting "sticker shocked".. it's not really that bad :pachaha:.

Those prices sound high to yall because of what YOU pay per month, and how much you make at work, down south.. What yall need to realize, though, is that you'd get paid much more in NYC doing the same jobs as you do in the South.

That is how the average NYC resident can pay $1500 per month rent to live in NYC.

They wouldn't be a "king" if they moved down here to live, because the wages wouldn't transfer most likely. Working at Target in NYC you'd probably make about $3 more than working at a Target in the south.

It's all relative.

nah these NY cats are losing, and dont let them think any differently if they paying more than a damn house mortgage for rent.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
i live in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, apartment for 2k, in NYC
not that I don't believe. Not even calling you a liar. But I'm moving to LES in 3 months and my apartment there is going to be 2400 for a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom. Unless you live in Harlem or something I guess. I don't know what its like up there.

If you're living Downtown its crazy right now. And 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom is going to run you at least 3500. No chance of getting something like that for 2 grand.

I don't know she said she pays 1500, and she has a random roomate so maybe she pays the bulk of the rent but I assumed they'd be paying close to the same amount.
plus maybe they got suckered I dunno

Maybe she did, because Crown Heights isn't even a great neighborhood like that. It has its nice parts, but it ain't great. SO 1500 for a portion of the rent sounds a little :duck: