[2/23/18-2/24/18] NJPW/ROH Present: Honor Rising: Japan 2018

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC

Omega watched Ibushi in DDT & wanted to work with him/in Japan so much that he filmed himself having a DDT style "anywhere" match & sent it to them. They brought Omega over in late 2008 & after working with Ibushi they started teaming in 2009. They ended up in NJPW in 2010 but drifted apart since Ibushi won't sign with anyone, while Omega eventually signed with NJPW & started in the Bullet Club in 2014.

Cody is trying to take leadership of Bullet Club (which 90% of the angle has been happening on the Young Bucks youtube channel) & went after Ibushi to get at Omega who ran in for the save. Cody attacked Omega & Ibushi ran in for the save, confetti fell when they hugged, & here we are.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Them pops for the Golden Lovers :wow:

Really looking forward to Kenny v Cody now....their little sequence together was fire. Feels like a proper feud.

I wonder if instead of doing Kenny v Ibushi at the dome, they might have them face each other at the G1 final? It means they don't actually have to split or feud, while it would add a nice story to the final, with them reluctantly fighting eachother.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm asking because it seems like they are playing off a gay angle? I don't know much about the history the team really. I'm just learning about them from twitter reactions really :manny: can you explain them please? also, whats going on the bullet club? are they done? I see omega left(i think) or does he still claim them? is he still apart of the elite? I see they going to be fighting each other soon. why haven't OG bullet club members got involved with the omega vs rhodes stuff? break it down for me please. gifs on twitter don't give me the full story :francis:

"Gay angle" :mjgrin:

Omega watched Ibushi in DDT & wanted to work with him/in Japan so much that he filmed himself having a DDT style "anywhere" match & sent it to them. They brought Omega over in late 2008 & after working with Ibushi they started teaming in 2009. They ended up in NJPW in 2010 but drifted apart since Ibushi won't sign with anyone, while Omega eventually signed with NJPW & started in the Bullet Club in 2014.

Cody is trying to take leadership of Bullet Club (which 90% of the angle has been happening on the Young Bucks youtube channel) & went after Ibushi to get at Omega who ran in for the save. Cody attacked Omega & Ibushi ran in for the save, confetti fell when they hugged, & here we are.

It kinda IS a gay angle when it comes to the Golden Lovers arc. Maybe not literally but their whole friendship and story has the same ambiguous undertones than an anime series would have. It's not fat fetched to jump into that conclusion, specially if you watch the videos of their reunion, training and what they say in interviews and add it to their first run together. The relationship is Gon/Killua or even Sam/Frodo status.

Them pops for the Golden Lovers :wow:

I wonder if instead of doing Kenny v Ibushi at the dome, they might have them face each other at the G1 final? It means they don't actually have to split or feud, while it would add a nice story to the final, with them reluctantly fighting eachother.

If they want to really give the angle a proper ending, it has to be a match in the Dome. Kenny and Ibushi promised each other they would be facing off in a main event in the Tokyo Dome. Given that their whole relationship and angle is pretty much an anime story, the proper ending would be that...or someone would have to legit injure one of the two with a career ending injury, so the other one would have to avenge him :heh:

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Golden lovers getting huge pops at Korakuen :ehh: Both main events were great.