20 Years Ago, He Got Game Was Released, Your Opinion Now?

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that could've worked starbury is a actual railsplitter legend*

Before getting into marburys or even ais demeanor (i dont see them being malleable enough to be directed effectively in a film) , it woulda took out one of the more subtly powerful scenes of the movie...when jesus and jake see each other in that apt and jake walks out, jesus lookin down on him on some lil nikka shyt...thats was dope

Marbury and denzel damn near the same height....denzel may be taller than ai...that scene would have lost so much considering those dimensions

Then the end basketball game where jesus physically dominates him and dunks on him and shyt...ai or marbury would jus be running circles around an older tired man...shaking him up n all...it coulda been pulled off, but woulda been clearly less dramatic.

I wonder if shyt like that was considered before hand...spike is a slick and deliberate director

Was my fav film growing up...may still be my fav

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Before getting into marburys or even ais demeanor (i dont see them being malleable enough to be directed effectively in a film) , it woulda took out one of the more subtly powerful scenes of the movie...when jesus and jake see each other in that apt and jake walks out, jesus lookin down on him on some lil nikka shyt...thats was dope

Marbury and denzel damn near the same height....denzel may be taller than ai...that scene would have lost so much considering those dimensions

Then the end basketball game where jesus physically dominates him and dunks on him and shyt...ai or marbury would jus be running circles around an older tired man...shaking him up n all...it coulda been pulled off, but woulda been clearly less dramatic.

I wonder if shyt like that was considered before hand...spike is a slick and deliberate director

Was my fav film growing up...may still be my fav
those details might be lost

but you'd gain other details from the authenticity of starbury or ai

& both of them while not as tall as ray had more than enough bounce to jump right over old jake.shuttlesworth

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those details might be lost

but you'd gain other details from the authenticity of starbury or ai

& both of them while not as tall as ray had more than enough bounce to jump right over old jake.shuttlesworth

I feel ya....jus saying the whole "look at what my son has become " overtone could have feel flat, from a visual sense, considering denzel and marbury got the same stature..not seeing your son for a decade, now he towering over you is some dramatic shyt now thats out the window wit marbury ...and ai trying to son and disrespect denzel could have come off as comical considering his frame...noticeable details woulda had to change to work around that ...

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
I feel ya....jus saying the whole "look at what my son has become " overtone could have feel flat, from a visual sense, considering denzel and marbury got the same stature..not seeing your son for a decade, now he towering over you is some dramatic shyt now thats out the window wit marbury ...and ai trying to son and disrespect denzel could have come off as comical considering his frame...noticeable details woulda had to change to work around that ...
i get what you're saying

at the same time to have someone who really feels at home in that environment would change the film's complexion for real

ray was out his element he's a corn.ball nikka not to diss but he is

you gain relatability by using someone from that environment for real

regardless it's one of my favorite sports film's og.denzel would have carried whoever he had to work with

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It is a rawer version of Blue Chips from the perspective from the kid. Arguably the best basketball movie.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Jesus Shuttleworth really was the truth...

raythreetie_original.gif