2020's is one of the worst decades in history

Is the 2020s one of the worst decades in history?

• Yes

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 40.2%

• Total voters

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
so all those hundreds of years where our ancestors were slaves weren't worse?

:dahell:

You’re obviously right.

This conversation only applies to our lifetimes and parents/grandparents lifetimes. And even then these complaints are first world problems compared to living through slavery, parts of reconstruction & Jim Crow.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
You say this because it’s during your life time. The world is a shyt show full of violence and all types of things that make it hard for humans to survive, but the further back you go the more violent and chaotic things were.. world wars, plagues, slavery, several genocides occurring at one time.. Grandparents, great grandparents and so on, the world is actually more civil than any other time in history. It’s a lot of shyt going on, but if you are comparing it to other times in history, you sound ridiculous. There have always been wars going on . Much larger scale ones in the past as well. This shyt going on now is nothing new under the sun.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
No one alive remembers the Spanish flu breh. I can only judge on modern history

Screenshot-2023-11-29-at-07-05-29.png

:hubie:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
I was going to say the 20s aren’t even close.

And then I reconsidered…

The death of culture, art, individualism, regionalism, morality & human interaction can’t be understated. And the rise of AI will most likely cement it.
Yup. We're only getting started.

What did those M.I.T model say, late 2030's you can expect a societal collapse? They say we're still on track for that.

That's honestly not looking like such a bad prediction.

The fact we've fallen this far based on what was setup from the late 2000's is pretty sad.

I think the events the last 3-4 years have accelerated that to be honest.

The Earth, according to LtG, has been terraformed beyond repair by greenhouse gases from fossil fuels, making the next generation to endure the “heavy legacy,” a scarcity of mineral resources and a planet characterized by radioactive and heavy metal pollution.
In Herrinton’s estimates, the world’s population, industrial output, food and resources will rapidly decline. The 2100s will be comparable to the 1900s, according to Vice. However, Herrington is treating her research as a personal project as a precaution to see how well the MIT model holds up.
Again, cats acting like this decade is over, but it's only been 3 years. We got a lot of time on the clock to outdo shyt. All the shyt we're doing right now is not making that timeline slow down or reverse.

Last edited:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say we are at the best period in terms of human civilization, though we seem to have peaked in the 90s in terms of global economic growth. I also think current rapid advancements technology only serve to harm the workforce as supposed to supporting it...A.I is an example. Plus we are going to have looming challenges such as peak oil, and politically we may see another spread or fascism in the West.
:mjpls: