2020's is one of the worst decades in history

Is the 2020s one of the worst decades in history?

• Yes

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 40.2%

• Total voters

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
With the lone exceptions of 2015, most of 2016, 2018, and 2019 - the last decade has been pretty miserable for me. Some of it was my fault and some of it just happened by circumstance. 2020 was pretty bad though. We Americans showed who we truly were that year. We showed that we would rather fight and argue all day & get nothing done than try to come together to get bigger issues under control - whether it be COVID, civil unrest, or police brutality. And before anyone says, "Well at least we voted Trump out of office." Trump is still around and still spewing lies, hatred, and ignorance and his followers are eating it up in hopes he'll get reelected next year so that problem didn't get solved either. Goddamn 2020.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
As bad as it all is this is a very very old song. We are due for a rebound from all of this and some would argue(i am in that number) that we are already climbing back up the hill. George Floyd's killer was brought to justice and had a less than friendly meeting with a shank in jail. That wouldn't have happened say, 30 years ago. Let's be real.

Covid sucked but thanks to technological advances and Democrats who took it(hate to make it political but let's be real 45 had the gop ripping off masks and being full on snti vaxxers...moronic looking back and it hurt them in 2020) seriously and didn't downplay it it wasn't nearly as bad the flu that rocked the world in the early part of the 20th century.

The Israel/Palestine conflict won't be major news in 3 months. Bold claim, right? Every time something happens these days folks act like it's the end of the world. Wanna run down on social media for something? Pin hyperreactivity on it! Conflict in the ME is among the oldest songs of all. I'm not downplaying the severity just saying it will die back down soon. People acted like Ukraine was going to go on 30 years and it's a footnote in the news cycles currently. No conspiracy. These issues just come an go like everything else.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Lol so we didn't have the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s...

Yall got spoiled bc life was cupcakes for a couple decades leading up to the 2020s
Yep. I'm just saying.

People's critical thinking skills have really gone to.the toilet.

70s and 80s were actually a cruddy time for the country. Economy was really really rough. Folks forget. All in comments sections. things were cheaper!. bytch minimum wage like $2!

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Nah...

2010's is up there.

Trayvon Martin got killed by that punk Zimmerman and he walked

Freddie Gray getting killed in my hometown

Bill Cosby went to prison

Suge got locked up murder

Trump running for office and then winning the election not too long after NBC cut ties with him

Nipsey got killed

Earthquake on the East Coast

Social Media was booming which kinda ruined how folks interacted with each other

L&HH was born

Lil Boosie got locked up

Drake vs Meek Mill happened

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You ain’t seen nothing yet. Things are bubbling up and they’ll explode late 2020s with 2030s being truly a bad decade.

Look at 1920s-1930s as an example

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
IDF might be the extremist. They were shooting at random folks during the “ceasefire”. They’ve killed +6000 children. +15000 people since October 7th. Netanyahu is a war criminal. Most of the people in power now in Israel changed their names to seem like they we’re actually from the area and not Europe

I'd like to seed her up

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
The 1890s, 1900s, 1910s, 1920s decades were certainly much more worse for black folks than the 2020s. Any decade in the racist era after reconstruction (list of horrible things that happened in that era: multiple violent lynchings, disfranchisement: not allowed to vote and total exclusion from politics, poll taxes/literacy tests, couldn’t hold any political office, couldn’t serve on juries, oppressive racist, unwritten social codes/etiquette, limited opportunities to have a good job and live a decent human life, humiliating Jim crow laws and strict segregation )
basically any decade between 1890 and 1970, was much worse than any decade in the 21st century.

The OP should have said instead that the 2020s might arguably be the worst decade of the 21st century so far (2000s, 2010s, 2020s) and he would be correct.

Last edited: