2024 NFL Draft Grades

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
49ers at least off initial impressions a B-

We needed to draft a legit tackle especially after not addressing it in free agency other than that the picks were solid and Pearsall has the potential to be a star.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
49ers at least off initial impressions a B-

We needed to draft a legit tackle especially after not addressing it in free agency other than that the picks were solid and Pearsall has the potential to be a star.

CJ Stroud wanted Pearsall, so that should say something

Your RT will still be food tho

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm giving my Eagles an A-

If we got Beebe or Zinter, would've been an A

Mitchell = A+
I went into the draft wanting Mitchell, Fuaga or Arnold (in that order). His measurables are elite...his combine speed matches the film

Dejean = A+
This is the type of chess piece that will be able to help a def contain modern offenses...I look at him like CJGJ 2.0

Jalyx Hunt = B-
100% a Vic Fangio pick...if he hits, will be an edge that can also cover in space better than most edges...will need to get stronger and fill out to 260-265

Will Shipley = B
Looks like a Rex Burkhead 2.0 type player...should be valuable on special teams

Ainias Smith = B+
For the value, I like the pick...slot receiver that is built like a RB and should have special teams value as well

Trotter = A-
Hometown kid! I know he's smaller, but I think his production & pedigree will allow him to be a pro's pro...also has really good cover skills

Trevor Keegan = B-
I really wanted Zak Zinter if we were gonna pick up a SCUM lineman, but this guy has a ton of exp and could be a starter after a yr or 2 in Stoutland Univ

Dylan McMahon = B-
At least we get a potential backup C who can kick over to G if needed

Johnny Wilson = B
Developmental pick...hope he can gain 15 lbs and become a motion TE a la Darren Waller

Mitchell, Dejean and Trotter could be foundational pieces for us for the next decade...so I just love those picks

What bumps the draft grade up for me is the 2025 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks we got

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
B

I wanted Marv atl all cost but the board went the way it did and taking Joe Alt in hindsight looking how the rest of the picks went was pretty good. He just seems like the type of linemen that come out every couple years that in 13-14 year your watching a game and people in the game are talking about future hall of famer Joe Alt.

Ladd was cool, fit a need, and does things that no one else on the roster does.

Colston was one of the better picks. Familiarity with the defense. Solid measurables and has 3 down backer ability.

Two corners have good size and seem like they play the run well.

That Alabama DE has decent production but went in the 4th which is a bit curious.

Rice and Johnson were good bodies to add to the WR room. Probably won't expect much but hopefully they can make an impact on special teams.

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Commanders I’ll give us a B+

Johnny and Mike picks are home runs, both are 1st round talent

Wouldn’t have taken McCaffery over someone like Javon Baker, Jacob Cowings, Tez Walker or Troy Franklin

Not a fan of picking Daniels over Maye but let time tell it

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
B+

Didn’t know who Latu was when we took him but apparently he’s a dog so I like him. I wanted DeJean but the Birds took him. Adonis Mitchell was a good value pick.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
8: QB Michael Penix Jr., Washington - A+. Perfect situation to land for Penix.

Scheme fit potential - Check

Quality Vet Mentor - Check

NFL Ready Quality - Check

Offensive Personnel Quality - Elite

He landed in a dream situation. Atlanta also has the flexibility to wait till when he's ready which should be next year. I am expecting him to be a top 5 QB in 2025. Perfect landing. The biggest issue guys run into in year 2 is they now have to adjust to now running the real scheme fully and teams knowing their strengths and weaknesses. That's impossible to do when you have a full year of development plus sitting behind someone who's done it at a top 10-15 level in this league and does it the right way.

35: DT Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson - B. Great situation again. Compares with Oynemata's talent and potential but is raw. Development will be needed.

74: EDGE Bralen Trice, Washington - B+. Proven production. Fits a clear role as a backup EDGE and is NFL ready for the most part. Upside isn't much but in this scheme, we need productivity.

109: DT Brandon Dorlus, Oregon - A-. Like Trice, proven production but he has more talent and reminds me of Grady Jarrett. He does have work to do on move-set but his ability is obvious.

143: LB JD Betrand, Notre Dame - A. While I am not expecting an every-down starter in year 1, he should get plenty of reps and is special on special teams. He's someone who will eventually end up as a captain and he's what you call, a Freddie Freeman. A natural leader and an extension of the coach with whom establishes a culture. He's someone that will in 4 years, be using our history as Gritz Blitz as a model of what we are and our culture. He's just one of those ones. Probably my 3rd favorite pick in this draft.

186: RB Jase McClellan, Alabama - B+. The worst RB1 in the last 10 seasons at Bama but he's not bad. He's a quality runner. But he's not a good pass protection. Not a good receiver out the backfield, he's can catch and make plays but his route tree was limited. He is a clear ZBS RB and there is legit upside as a pro for him with his hands and his RB vision. For RB3, I can't say much bad. Just that, you can find UDFAs who can give you quality as a ZBS back. The Falcons must have seen some star in him to take him in the 6th.

187: WR Casey Washington, Illinois - A+. For our scheme and the open role that we do not have filled is the Z. Mooney is expected to play it but he's not that good at it. He should be an F to me and Moore is also in the running for F but both finished PFF in the 50s for overall grade. Washington has a similar skill set to Puka Nauca and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. In this scheme with Cousins, I expect him to get a lot of catches. This is the right scheme for him. I also expect Mooney to be much better with us as Fields wasn't a timing QB as Cousins is.

197: DT Zion Logue, Georgia, - C+. While I see the rotational value. I don't see it with Logue. He's a run stuffer. That's what he is and maybe that's his overall use is just for that singular role. While I get it, I don't love it. Even in the late rounds.

Overall - A grade. Penix Jr., Washington, and Betrand were my favorites and should have short and long-term value. Overall, excellent draft. Makes sense for the most part to me.
Washington will be a stud

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
B

I wanted Marv atl all cost but the board went the way it did and taking Joe Alt in hindsight looking how the rest of the picks went was pretty good. He just seems like the type of linemen that come out every couple years that in 13-14 year your watching a game and people in the game are talking about future hall of famer Joe Alt.

Ladd was cool, fit a need, and does things that no one else on the roster does.

Colston was one of the better picks. Familiarity with the defense. Solid measurables and has 3 down backer ability.

Two corners have good size and seem like they play the run well.

That Alabama DE has decent production but went in the 4th which is a bit curious.

Rice and Johnson were good bodies to add to the WR room. Probably won't expect much but hopefully they can make an impact on special teams.

Marv is the surest thing in the draft...just goes to show Harbaugh does not plan for Herbert to throw more than 30x per game

I think Colson is solid but he's not a playmaker...maybe that's all Harbaugh wants in a MLB

Very telling that Harbaugh wanted McConkey over Wilson...I don't think McConkey is a WR1 but I can see him being a high end WR2

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Saints A thought we had a very good draft. Loved the Oline in the 1st round, Kool aid will be really good for us, I like Ford I always found him impressive and Rattler will have a legit shot

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA

Like I said all through the Draft thread as it was happening, Steelers absolutely killed it. Especially when you compare how well they did vs their division and their conference.

Fautanu by himself was a stellar pick, but they weren't done with the OL and basically followed up more of the best OL picks.

Justin Fields will be in good hands behind that OL. They straight up made a wall.

As far as my team (Chargers) I have them ranked a little worse than what they have listed, but around there. Colts are higher as well.

Last edited: