20th Anniversary of the 2002 Maryland Terps Championship

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
I was a student at UMD at that time c/o 2004 and CP was electric during that time :wow:

From beautiful ebony women all over campus that rivaled The Mecca :banderas:From Lamont 4 Heisman to the Fridge and the classic retro Nike football uni’s to winning the ACC conference in football, going down to South Beach and fucccccin shyt up for a whole week :mjlit: to three str8 10 win seasons to THEEE BEST NIKE BBALL UNI’s EVER (Iverson G-Town uni’s wanna word)! To Gone in 54 seconds :mjcry: to losing to Duke in the Final 4 because of the Bytch Azz refs :pacspit:and burning CP down to the ground :demonic: to finally exercising that Blue Devil demon and winning our lone Final 4 :mjcry::to:

What a time to be alive :myman:

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I was a student at UMD at that time c/o 2004 and CP was electric during that time :wow:

From beautiful ebony women all over campus that rivaled The Mecca :banderas:From Lamont 4 Heisman to the Fridge and the classic retro Nike football uni’s to winning the ACC conference in football, going down to South Beach and fucccccin shyt up for a whole week :mjlit: to three str8 10 win seasons to THEEE BEST NIKE BBALL UNI’s EVER! To Gone in 54 seconds :mjcry: to losing to Duke in the Final 4 because of the Bytch Azz ref :pacspit:and burning CP down to the ground :demonic: to finally exercising that Blue Demon demon and winning our lone Final 4 :mjcry::to:

What a time to be alive :myman:
I wish I was old enough to be a student back then :mjcry:

All I got is Gary’s last run with Grevis

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
still pissed Jim Calhoun sat Caron Butler and Emeka Okafor in the first half of that Elite 8 game when they got into foul trouble. Caron put the fear of God into them nikkas, he was the best player on the court.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I'm a Georgetown fan, but watching MD win the championship after that '01 collapse vs. Duke was a sight to behold.

Also, I didn't know about this gem until today. Steve Blake didn't bytch up.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
What a special team. Had both grit and swagger for days.

Lonny and Byron haven't really aged much. Almost didn't recognize Wilcox w/o the 'rows. :laugh:

The Ms. and I went to Cole that night to watch the title game on a jumbotron-like screen; can't remember if the place was to capacity, but it felt like it. That entire campus was lit afterwards - here's an old story about how wild it got.

Also, medium key, that chip was significant not only on-court, but off it too. Applications to the school skyrocketed after that, and as a result, so did its academic standing. It's become an institutional draw independent of athletics now, and it's cool to see.

:salute: for posting this, @FAH1223 ...brought back some fun memories.