. .. ... will dems win back the white house in 2020...? ... .. .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
..... .... ... .. . of course it depends on who wins the nomination, but while we are fantasizing about who will run and who can win, what pathway to 270 do you see for taking back the white house in 2020...?

trump ran the table with swing states in 2016, taking home these big prizes:
florida: 29:scust:
ohio: 18:snoop:

to augment that, he crashed through the blue wall and took these states as well
pennsylvania: 20 :stopitslime:
michigan: 16 :damn:
wisconsin: 10 :mjcry:

if the dems win all the states they won in 2016 again in 2020, can they win back pa, mi, and wi to secure the bag....? is there a different path you see....? what states are must focus (besides the former blue wall states) and what states should we just give up on...?

will brew be :stylin:in 2020 or :eek: ....?

will we be inundated with :hula: and :snooze: discouraging and depressing the vote...?

will we see our first :queen: president....?

here is my map: 2020 Presidential Election Interactive Map

post your own map

let's get it . .. ... .... .....

p.s.: brew is out of the prediction business.... trump got me shook....!

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Honestly, it's too early to make a prediction. Need to see -

What's ultimately going to happen with Mueller/Russia?
Is the recession going to hit before 2020?
Who will the Democrats run?

Plus there's always the off chance Trump has health problems or something. All I can say for now is :yeshrug:

Dems really need to focus on Michigan/Wisconsin/Penn though.

They did well in those states this cycle, so if they can keep those they may pull it off.

*resists urge to go on a rant about Florida*

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
at this point id put more effort into North Carolina than florida. NC at least elected a dem governor in 2016. florida has done nothing but let us down in every single race outside of obamas (which he would have easily won without it)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is probably the most realistic map for Democrats -

P6Ex7.png

I mean it's always possible Ohio, North Carolina, or Florida (:francis: ) will come thru but they need to focus on making sure Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn, Nevada, and Colorodo don't slip.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
This is probably the most realistic map for Democrats -

P6Ex7.png

I mean it's always possible Ohio, North Carolina, or Florida (:francis: ) will come thru but they need to focus on making sure Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn, Nevada, and Colorodo don't slip.
i feel confident about colorodo - especially given the gop federal policies on states with legalized weed. not too worried about nevada.
pennsylvania i think will be okay, dems performed really well there last night. michigan and wisconsin are both states im fairly worried about.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
i feel confident about colorodo - especially given the gop federal policies on states with legalized weed. not too worried about nevada.
pennsylvania i think will be okay, dems performed really well there last night. michigan and wisconsin are both states im fairly worried about.

Honestly (living there myself) I think Michigan is PROBABLY good.

Remember, we passed not only recreational MJ legalization but also an anti-gerrymandering bill (along with a Dem governor and Senators), so I think the state is going back to the left, and Trump only BARELY won it in 2016. I don't really doubt people will come out against Trump.

Wisconsin will be close though. Scott Walker BARELY lost and it seems like everybody hates him.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Honestly (living there myself) I think Michigan is PROBABLY good.

Remember, we passed not only recreational MJ legalization but also an anti-gerrymandering bill (along with a Dem governor and Senators), so I think the state is going back to the left, and Trump only BARELY won it in 2016. I don't really doubt people will come out against Trump.

Wisconsin will be close though. Scott Walker BARELY lost and it seems like everybody hates him.
good insight on michigan. you live in a major city (detroit, GR)? or in a more rural place?
wisconsin is sad because it used to be such a strong state on organized labor and progressive politics. walker stripped that state of so much. its also one of the worst states to live in as a black person.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
good insight on michigan. you live in a major city (detroit, GR)? or in a more rural place?
wisconsin is sad because it used to be such a strong state on organized labor and progressive politics. walker stripped that state of so much. its also one of the worst states to live in as a black person.

I'm originally from Detroit (and there regularly), but live in Lansing at the moment.

And yeah, Wisconsin is a damn shame. I got some fam in Racine and it's a mess over there.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
florida has done nothing but let us down in every single race outside of obamas (which he would have easily won without it)
i'm wondering though... with 1.5M voters newly franchised in florida, might that turn the tide.... now granted, every one of them isn't going to vote... of those who do vote, they're not all going to vote for the democrat... but those that do, will that be a net positive....

hmmm... :patrice:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
i don't know about that, dude lost in his own congressional district... he has an interesting down to earth campaigning style that i think will resonate with voters.... i can definitely see him influencing the race if he jumps in....
Yeah but his district is heavily Republican he had no real chance while this would be a national race they aren't comparable lol. He would get a percentage of the right wingers who vote for trump simply because hes a white Republican. Also some would vote for him because hes southern a military vet and he can talk shyt with Trump instead of getting destroyed in debates.