45% of Americans pay no federal income tax

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But yet people that support the whole system get crushed just becaus they "earn millions and pay low taxes"..smh

You get without those people nothing would get funded right?
and they earn it off the backs of all the rest of us :childplease:

the ceo of mcdonalds making 20 million a year is doing it off the backs of everyone who works under him making 10 an hour

look the fact is that you can tax the shyt outta those people and its still not gonna get us outta the hole, but lets not lose any sleep over millionaires 'getting crushed' :childplease:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
and they earn it off the backs of all the rest of us :childplease:

the ceo of mcdonalds making 20 million a year is doing it off the backs of everyone who works under him making 10 an hour

look the fact is that you can tax the shyt outta those people and its still not gonna get us outta the hole, but lets not lose any sleep over millionaires 'getting crushed' :childplease:
If you tax them, we will get out of this hole.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
My taxes were 8k this year. fukk this shyt.

:francis:

I have no problem with make more, pay more. . . except I know the government is going to waste that money.

Could have used that 8k towards my businesses, hired more people and put more money back into the economy.

:trash:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
i wish that were the case, but taxing the shyt outta the one percent is only a drop in the bucket

the spending, and the entitlements that we're on the hook for, is an absolute disaster :scusthov:
The one percent is the reason why most of don't pay taxes. It's the reason why the infrastructure of this country is falling apart sans the area around the one percenters.

Or maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way. Maybe being poor is a blessing. A poor person having to choose between pills to survive and food is a wonderful debate to have.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
i paid over 6k in federal tax. over 9k if you include SS, and medicare.

So they shouldn't get pay raises because they will pay more in taxes? What kind of logic is that? No one is going to forgo a dollar increase in pay if they have to pay 10 cents of that dollar in taxes.
people will absolutely forgo a raise if it means losing thousands in government assistance

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
single with a decent income and my taxes aren't deducted by my employer. :to: forreal though i just set aside money each month so i can write that check in april. hard out here for singles, bipartisan support for using the tax code to promote breeding. i see the benefits in that because we don't want to end up like japan and europe with low birthrates, but then when you see the dumb asses who are breeding you have to worry about our future as a species. idiocracy looking real possible.

btw, most people don't know this but there is no tax deadline day for those 45% of americans. there is only a deadline if you owe the irs money and if you owe you have to pay 90% of it by deadline day.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
That's not the arguement.
of course it is. If you make less enough to not pay fed tax, you're likely receiving government assistance in some form of fashion. More money in your salary, that isnt greater than the amount of assistance you get, will turn into a net negative

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course it is. If you make less enough to not pay fed tax, you're likely receiving government assistance in some form of fashion. More money in your salary, that isnt greater than the amount of assistance you get, will turn into a net negative

That's not the argument he made. He said if they get paid more, they pay more taxes. The implication being they should not get a raise. It didn't say anything about government assistance.