5 star recruit RJ Hampton skipping college to play pro in Australia :lupe:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It woulda been cool had he joined Memphis, but someone was gonna suffer with that loaded class.

I think he’s doing the right thing. Marion probably didn’t go looking for him just to bury him so he’ll get time.
Nah going to Memphis definitely wasn’t the move. There’s only one basketball. A few guys on that team would’ve Cam Reddish’d

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like it :ehh:

I hope the young man does well and starts a trend

Those college coaches and schools been eating too long on these guys

I wanna hear the first coach to say this a bad idea because they losing players

Mark Cuban said that the players are better coached over seas any way :troll:

Last edited:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard Cali just passed a law for college athletes to start getting paid... Young breh has options..

Hopefully Adam Silver get rid of the one and done rule and let the 5 star recruit brehs get a crack at the G league right out of high school..

The tide is def turning

Yup and if that’s done or this going over seas becomes the norm college will die ....

They lost so much money with

Kobe
KG
Lebron

And a few others that did not go

Think about it those collages could STILL be eating off those 3 jersey sales, likeness, videos etc...

Just those 3 could have made them crazy money

And those saying they missing out on great education never say the same when those euro’s are pro at 14

Or baseball players or tennis players :stopitslime:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting choice. They might punish him during the NBA draft for it but if he's as good as advertised he doesnt need college

I can see that but if he is good he will still be top 10 or 15 and he can still cash in on his own likeness which is a shame that he even would have to worry about it

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
why not Spain?:jbhmm:
The situation has to be right. Spain has the best competition but Euro squads aren’t invested in your future like that. Hampton is entering a situation where they’re trying to make this a thing for younger players. This team in particular got Kevin Braswell as coach and Shawn Marion and Matt Walsh as part owners, so they understand Hampton’s long term goal is the NBA not the NBL. For kids everywhere else they’d be buried on teams trying to win their league titles only.