70's Soul/R&B Music Cannot Be Replicated

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I try but I cannot really put it into words. The type of singing, instrumentation, vibes that was coming from these cats in the 1970s needs to be studied. It's the only era that cannot be replicated.

I've heard current artist accurately replicate that 80s sound; that 90s sound. It's easy to get those because alot of computerized technology was involved. Beat machines, stock keyboard sounds and whatnot. But the 70s was the last decade that featured the actual musician. Real music being played on real instruments. It's nearly impossible to recapture that sound, that vibe.

Idk what it is. But these songs, the string arrangement, the vocal arrangements. The thumping bass lines. It sends me to another dimension. I'm floating. I know alot of these artist were partaking in drugs. Maybe that's the x factor here that added the magic that I sense. But that's selling the genius behind the music short.

A 1980s record but was recorded in 79.

Released in 82 but written and arranged in the 70s

I can post so many more but the energy in these songs. The commanding bass lines. The smooth rhodes piano. Crispy horn section. Lush strings. The 70s in my opinion is the 2nd best era of music behind the 80s to me. 90s ranks 3rd. Absolutely sublime.

Last edited:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Investing in that kind of talent is what record labels should have BEEN doing. It takes a lot to do that I'm sure.

Much easier to go with the mass produced bullcrap they put out now...

Half these jokers can't sing or rap without studio assistance

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
No, you definitely can replicate that.

I also don't understand where you guys are getting that "this generation has zero talent" from. The issue is that this kind of music isn't en vogue anymore. If the general populace, as a collective, wants 70s Soul / R&B to return, it'd be back in a flash.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
No, you definitely can replicate that.

I also don't understand where you guys are getting that "this generation has zero talent" from. The issue is that this kind of music isn't en vogue anymore. If the general populace, as a collective, wants 70s Soul / R&B to return, it'd be back in a flash.

Bro Gen Z makes terrible music. like literal shyt poop music

Daps
Reppin
7th District
Bro Gen Z makes terrible music. like literal shyt poop music
I dont fully agree, but I see what you mean. I argue the lack of artist development is to blame

Artists now a days aren't getting the same level of mentoring to really grow and improve musically. Everything is more DIY, which is good for creative freedom but the bad thing is they don't get a industry vet that can show them the ropes.

Things could change but we'll just have to see