76ers opened as favorites over Knicks, a rarity for a No. 7 seed in the NBA playoffs

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No playoff Randle is kinda a good thing right ?

Anyways, if Knicks win without him, he’s clearly about to be headed back to LA in a Lebron trade :hubie:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
No playoff Randle is kinda a good thing right ?

Anyways, if Knicks win without him, he’s clearly about to be headed back to LA in a Lebron trade :hubie:
He’s had a rough couple of playoff series but the guy’s made all NBA two of the past 3 seasons. He’s a good player. Without him, you’re relying VERY heavily on DiVincenzo, Hart and McBride for offensive output as the Sixers are going to focus on limiting Brunson.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
He’s had a rough couple of playoff series but the guy’s made all NBA two of the past 3 seasons. He’s a good player. Without him, you’re relying VERY heavily on DiVincenzo, Hart and McBride for offensive output as the Sixers are going to focus on limiting Brunson.
Nurse is just as good if not a better defensive coach than Thibs and is a genius at adjusting during the game.

We held Brunson to only 22ppg during the season.

It's gonna be an ugly series with a lot of struggle shooting, Knicks and Sixers are the lowest FG% shooting teams in the playoffs

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
One positive I see for the Knicks is that their identity is the Sixer's weakness at times. Hustle, rebounding, physical. Sixers are more talented but they go through stretches where they lack alot of effort
Sixers are more talented offensively easily. But the Knicks are like 29th in pace. They do have a possibility to slow the game down and make it a physical series and Embiid's and Maxey's ppg averages might dip against them. And the Knicks have the better point guard who can execute down the stretch
True. Playing devil's advocate, it could also play into Philly's hands re Embiid. Might be preferable to be at more of a half-court/slowdown pace given his apparent conditioning/stamina level. Looked gassed at times during the play-in.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
They are not Boston or Miami, they are not equipped to stop him
:mjlol:
And Joel did this to Minnesota‘s defense

Regular season yeah, but y’all only hope is that Joel is not healthy and fukkin sucks which is very possible :yeshrug:Nobody can stop him when he’s on (Besides Al Horford :mjcry:) @UpAndComing

He’s been their best player this series…and we are about to pack them up.

GG

Mickey Kane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London, England
LOL, a postseason Embiid at 60-70% is not going to be playing at an MVP level against this Knicks defence.

Even if it's through attrition. Hartenstein, Robinson throughout 38+ minutes. OG and Achiuwa roaming in help. Constant P&R action when Knicks on the ball.

I'm considering Nurse's impact on this Philly defence. He's going to try to force us to get some offence without Brunson but to his credit, he's done really well exploiting all kinds of coverages he's faced, especially since Randle went out. I think Oubre will be guarding him and he doesn't shoot as efficiently when that's the case. Having said that, it was a similar story when OG guarded Maxey.

Having said all that, you're going to be surprised when Deuce, Bogdan, Donte go off. Hart needs to make better decisions, quicker decisions. Knicks' offence is a little under-rated. We move the ball better than we did last year.

KNICKS IN 5.

Sixers fans...

I don't want to see this n*gga duck the smoke today. He better f*cking not. He needs to face MSG tonight.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Is he not averaging 30+ppg for the series???

Again we're not executing in the clutch so we're not winning
That was my point. He’s actually playing at a high level. That 4th quarter execution is a combo of Knicks pressure and, yes, stamina.

That being said, it’s not embiid that is losing it for y’all. It’s that your total roster is just not as good as our total roster - from the 1st to 15th man

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
That was my point. He’s actually playing at a high level. That 4th quarter execution is a combo of Knicks pressure and, yes, stamina.

That being said, it’s not embiid that is losing it for y’all. It’s that your total roster is just not as good as our total roster - from the 1st to 15th man
I got you