80's, 90's, and early 2000's Nostalgia

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I'm currently working on my 80sFavoriteBabies podcast. Basically going to be a nostalgia podcast, talking about the shyt we grew up on, classic pop culture moments, and moments in history that got us here. I'm thinking my first episode will be on the Nintendo Entertainment System. It set the bar really  fucking high. Let me know what your classic nostalgia moments were.

(I asked ChatGPT to write about the NES cultural impact upon release)

The Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) was released in the United States in 1985, and quickly became a cultural phenomenon. The NES was more than just a video game console - it was a pop culture icon that had a significant impact on the world of entertainment. Here are some ways the NES influenced pop culture.

The introduction of video game characters
The NES introduced players to some of the most beloved characters in pop culture. Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, and Mega Man all made their debut on the NES, and have since become cultural icons. These characters have appeared in movies, TV shows, and merchandise, and continue to capture the hearts of fans around the world.

The rise of video game music
The NES was also responsible for the rise of video game music. The console's sound chip allowed game developers to create catchy and memorable tunes that became an integral part of the gaming experience. Classic NES themes like the Super Mario Bros. theme and the Legend of Zelda overworld theme have become iconic in their own right, and continue to be celebrated by gamers and musicians alike.

The impact of game design
The NES introduced players to new and innovative game design concepts that have since become staples of the industry. Side-scrolling platformers, role-playing games, and puzzle games were all popularized on the NES. These design elements have had a lasting impact on the gaming industry, and can still be seen in modern video games.

The creation of a gaming community
The NES also played a major role in the creation of a gaming community. As the console became more popular, gamers began to gather at arcades and video game stores to discuss strategies and share tips. This sense of community continued to grow as multiplayer gaming became more popular on the NES. The console's cooperative and competitive games allowed gamers to bond over a shared love of gaming, and paved the way for future gaming communities.

The impact on the entertainment industry
The impact of the NES can also be seen in the entertainment industry as a whole. The popularity of video games introduced a new form of entertainment that rivaled movies and TV shows. This led to a wave of video game adaptations, including the Super Mario Bros. movie and various animated series based on popular video game franchises. The success of the NES also paved the way for future video game consoles, including the SNES, the Nintendo 64, and the modern-day Nintendo Switch.

In conclusion, the Nintendo Entertainment System had a significant impact on pop culture. It introduced players to beloved characters, catchy music, innovative game design concepts, and a sense of community that has continued to grow over the years. The impact of the NES can still be felt today, as video games continue to be a major part of pop culture and the entertainment industry.

#80sFavoriteBabies
#Nintendo
#NES

Satsui no Hadou

CHICANO 🇲🇽 🇺🇸
Daps
Screen_Shot_2015-05-15_at_11.06.05_AM.0.0.png

I used to have one of these growing up…super Mario bros 3 is the first game I can remember playing.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I remember my parents being poor and it was christmas I wanted a NES everytime going to zellers and kmart and mom saying no that it was unaffordable. Then that Christmas a big box and it was NES with super mario bros 3 :noah:

Played that ish like 12 hrs straight

:wow:

Mario 3 was a damn game changer.

Made Mario 2 look like Roblox on the spectrum

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I remember my parents being poor and it was christmas I wanted a NES everytime going to zellers and kmart and mom saying no that it was unaffordable. Then that Christmas a big box and it was NES with super mario bros 3 :noah:

Played that ish like 12 hrs straight

:wow:

I wound up with 3 systems. 1 with my older cousins the year it dropped. Had the robot and everything. Robbie sucked. Then i moved to Scarborough with my dad and step mom. Got another. And got one at my mom's crib.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Me and my cousins stayed at our kitchen table beat boxing 😆

The Fat Boys were a pioneering hip hop group that emerged in the 1980s, and their impact on the genre and popular culture at large cannot be overstated. Comprised of members Mark "Prince Markie Dee" Morales, Damon "Kool Rock-Ski" Wimbley, and Darren "Buff Love" Robinson (who passed away in 1995), the Fat Boys helped to introduce beatboxing, a style of vocal percussion, to mainstream audiences.

Their 1984 self-titled debut album, featuring hits such as "Jailhouse Rap" and "Can You Feel It?," was a commercial success, and helped to establish the group as one of the most popular acts in hip hop. Throughout the rest of the 1980s, the Fat Boys released several more albums and starred in a number of films, including the cult classic "Disorderlies."

Beyond their musical contributions, the Fat Boys had a significant impact on the fashion and style of the 1980s. Their trademark oversized clothing and bold, playful accessories became iconic elements of the era, and their influence can still be seen in contemporary hip hop fashion.

Overall, the Fat Boys helped to lay the groundwork for the commercial success of hip hop in the 1990s and beyond, and their legacy continues to be felt in the genre today.

#FatBoys #HipHopLegends #1980sCulture #Beatboxing #Disorderlies #HipHopFashion
#80sFavoriteBabies

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Me and my cousins stayed at our kitchen table beat boxing 😆

The Fat Boys were a pioneering hip hop group that emerged in the 1980s, and their impact on the genre and popular culture at large cannot be overstated. Comprised of members Mark "Prince Markie Dee" Morales, Damon "Kool Rock-Ski" Wimbley, and Darren "Buff Love" Robinson (who passed away in 1995), the Fat Boys helped to introduce beatboxing, a style of vocal percussion, to mainstream audiences.

Their 1984 self-titled debut album, featuring hits such as "Jailhouse Rap" and "Can You Feel It?," was a commercial success, and helped to establish the group as one of the most popular acts in hip hop. Throughout the rest of the 1980s, the Fat Boys released several more albums and starred in a number of films, including the cult classic "Disorderlies."

Beyond their musical contributions, the Fat Boys had a significant impact on the fashion and style of the 1980s. Their trademark oversized clothing and bold, playful accessories became iconic elements of the era, and their influence can still be seen in contemporary hip hop fashion.

Overall, the Fat Boys helped to lay the groundwork for the commercial success of hip hop in the 1990s and beyond, and their legacy continues to be felt in the genre today.

#FatBoys #HipHopLegends #1980sCulture #Beatboxing #Disorderlies #HipHopFashion
#80sFavoriteBabies

I used to watch Disorderlies as a kid.