80's, 90's, and early 2000's Nostalgia

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

Air Jordan 3's Cultural Impact.​

The Nike Air Jordan 3's, first released in 1988, had a significant cultural impact that continues to this day. Here are some of the ways in which the Air Jordan 3's impacted popular culture:​

1. They cemented Michael Jordan's status as a cultural icon: The Air Jordan 3's were the first pair of shoes that Michael Jordan wore during an NBA season that he won the MVP award and led his team, the Chicago Bulls, to an NBA championship. The shoes became closely associated with Jordan's greatness and helped to establish him as one of the most influential athletes of all time. #MichaelJordan #GOAT
  2. They introduced the "elephant print" design: The Air Jordan 3's were the first Jordan shoes to feature the now-iconic "elephant print" design, which was inspired by a safari trip that designer Tinker Hatfield took. The print has become a signature element of the Jordan brand and is instantly recognizable. #elephantprint #sneakerheads
  3. They helped to elevate sneakers to a new level of fashion: The Air Jordan 3's were the first Jordan shoes to be designed with the intention of being worn off the court as well as on. The shoes were more stylish and eye-catching than previous Jordan models, and they helped to establish sneakers as a legitimate fashion accessory. #sneakerfashion #streetstyle
  4. They inspired a generation of sneakerheads: The Air Jordan 3's were a massive commercial success and helped to create a new generation of sneaker enthusiasts. The shoes were highly coveted and spawned a culture of collecting and reselling sneakers that continues to this day. #sneakerheadculture #hypebeast
In short, the Nike Air Jordan 3's had a profound impact on popular culture when they were released and continue to be a beloved and influential sneaker today.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
my friend had the duck hunt game....we use to put the gun point blank to the screen...some1 stabbed that shyt into the TV and put a cut in the glass....felt bad for breh when his pops got home :sadcam:

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps

Ernie Reyes Jr is an American actor, martial artist, and stunt performer of Filipino and Chinese descent. He was born on January 15, 1972, in San Jose, California, USA.

Reyes began his career in the entertainment industry at a young age, appearing as a child actor in films such as "The Last Dragon" (1985) and "Red Sonja" (1985). However, it was his breakthrough role as "Keno" in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze" (1991) that cemented his status as a popular action star.

Reyes went on to appear in several other films, including "Surf Ninjas" (1993), "The Rundown" (2003), and "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (2008). He also worked as a stunt performer in films such as "The Avengers" (2012) and "Fast & Furious 7" (2015).

As an Asian actor, Reyes has made a significant cultural impact on the film industry. He broke barriers as a Filipino-Chinese actor and was one of the few Asian actors to play lead roles in action films during the 1990s. Reyes' roles helped to challenge stereotypes about Asian actors and demonstrated that they can be action stars in their own right.

I used to watch his shortly lived TV series “Sidekicks” as a kid.

The fight scene he has in The Last Dragon is with his real life dad. I’ve watched that movie so many times.

That Zelda video made my day. Legit put a smile on my face.

Wow.
That was some Lord of the Rings epic type shyt.

Amazing. :wow:

I placed Zelda so much as a kid, but never competed it. I would always die around level 7 or 8. I remember looking for secrets on those Nintendo Power magazines, or friends telling my the tricks to finding the rafts, wands, swords and all that.

One night in high school, I was supposed to be studying and I just decided to play it again after all those years and I finally beat it. Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros 3 are probably my top 2 old NES games.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Had British Knights, bought the 1989 Upper Deck baseball cards trying to get a Griffey rookie.

Upper Deck was nice because it was more flashy and put together. Unless it’s a Billy Ripken Fleer error card, those brands (Fleer, Topps) were kind of dull. You’re a little kid, a flashy card with a hologram is much more interesting.

I had a bunch of those early Fleer Michael Jordan cards from the mid 80s, but unfortunately the quality isn’t that good. Scuffed on the side, so the value plummeted.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Wu - Tang Clan ain't nothing to fukk with. Asked in another thread if the Wu logo was more recognizable than the Rolling Stones logo ?

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Which wrestler was bumping the most booger sugar in the 80's and 90's? My bet is this guy and Macho were tight with Pablo's people...

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
MuchMusic

MuchMusic was a Canadian music video channel that was launched in 1984 and became an important cultural institution in Canada. Here are some of the key ways in which MuchMusic was significant:

It gave Canadian musicians a platform: MuchMusic was one of the few channels that actively promoted Canadian music and gave Canadian artists a platform to showcase their work. This was especially important in the 1980s and 1990s, when Canadian artists often struggled to get airplay on American radio stations and TV channels.

It was a source of cultural identity: MuchMusic played a crucial role in shaping Canadian cultural identity in the 1980s and 1990s. Its programming was distinctly Canadian, and it often featured Canadian artists, hosts, and cultural references. As a result, it helped to create a sense of national identity that was distinct from the United States.

It was a cultural hub: MuchMusic was more than just a TV channel - it was a cultural hub that brought together artists, fans, and industry professionals. It hosted live events, interviews, and performances, and it was a place where people could connect with each other and with the wider music industry.

It was innovative: MuchMusic was known for its innovative programming and cutting-edge technology. It was one of the first channels to use computer-generated graphics and to incorporate interactive elements into its programming. It also launched several spin-off channels, including MuchMoreMusic and MuchVibe, which helped to expand its reach and influence.

Overall, MuchMusic was a significant cultural institution in Canada that helped to shape Canadian music, culture, and identity. Although it ceased broadcasting in 2019, its legacy continues to live on in Canadian music and popular culture.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

happy 33rd anniversary to House Party. The new one was decent...

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Before Dragon Ball Z/S there was Dragon Ball. Before that there was Dr. Slump

Akira Toriyama's Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball had a significant impact on both the manga and anime industries in Japan, as well as on popular culture worldwide.

Dr. Slump, which ran from 1980 to 1984, was Toriyama's first major success in the manga industry. It follows the adventures of a brilliant but eccentric young inventor named Senbei Norimaki and his robotic creation, Arale, in the whimsical Penguin Village. The series was notable for its surreal humor, colorful characters, and imaginative gadgets, and it helped to popularize the "gag manga" genre.

Dragon Ball, which ran from 1984 to 1995, was Toriyama's magnum opus and one of the most successful manga and anime franchises of all time. It follows the adventures of a young martial artist named Goku and his friends as they search for powerful mystical objects known as Dragon Balls. The series was notable for its dynamic action, memorable characters, and epic storyline, and it helped to popularize the shonen manga genre.

The impact of Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball on the manga and anime industries can be seen in a number of ways. For one, Toriyama's distinctive art style and storytelling techniques influenced countless artists and creators who came after him. Additionally, the popularity of these series helped to cement the dominance of the shonen manga genre, which continues to be one of the most popular and profitable genres in Japan and around the world.

Outside of Japan, Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball helped to popularize anime and manga worldwide. Dragon Ball, in particular, became a cultural phenomenon in the 1990s and early 2000s, with its impact felt in everything from video games to fashion. The series continues to have a devoted fanbase today, with new adaptations and merchandise being produced regularly.

Overall, the impact of Akira Toriyama's Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball cannot be overstated. These series helped to shape the manga and anime industries in Japan and around the world, and their influence can still be felt today.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

Mega Man 2, released in 1988 by Capcom, is widely considered a landmark title in the video game industry. It was a critical and commercial success, and its impact can be seen in several ways:

1. Innovation in gameplay: Mega Man 2 introduced a unique gameplay mechanic of allowing the player to choose which stage they wanted to play first. This was a departure from the linear structure of many previous platformers and gave players more control over their experience. It also introduced the concept of defeating bosses to gain their powers, which became a staple of the Mega Man series.
  2. Music and sound design: The game's soundtrack, composed by Takashi Tateishi, is still widely regarded as one of the best in video game history. It helped set a new standard for video game music and sound design, and the game's themes and melodies remain iconic today.
  3. Popularity and influence: Mega Man 2 was a massive success, selling over 1.5 million copies worldwide. Its popularity helped to cement the Mega Man franchise as a major player in the video game industry and inspired many sequels and spin-offs. It also influenced other games and game designers, with its unique gameplay mechanics and memorable music becoming a template for future platformers.
Overall, Mega Man 2's impact on the video game industry was significant. It helped to establish Capcom as a major player in the industry and set new standards for gameplay, music, and sound design. Its influence can still be felt today, and it remains a beloved classic among gamers around the world.