A couple's experiment sheds more light on racism in home appraisals

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I had something similiar happen when i was in market to buy a house. Talked to a broker, white guy, he showed me a bunch of run down section 8 looking houses, one even a had a hole in the roof. When i told him that i'd like to be shown some nicer houses and said that these were beneath my price range, he scoffed as if i was making it up. like nah nikka you broke these are the right house for you. :mjpls:

So i stopped fukking with him and went with a black broker. She showed me some much nicer houses and i end up buying one the ones she showed me. It's amazing how racism just seems into every aspect of life.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had something similiar happen when i was in market to buy a house. Talked to a broker, white guy, he showed me a bunch of run down section 8 looking houses, one even a had a hole in the roof. When i told him that i'd like to be shown some nicer houses and said that these were beneath my price range, he scoffed as if i was making it up. like nah nikka you broke these are the right house for you. :mjpls:

So i stopped fukking with him and went with a black broker. She showed me some much nicer houses and i end up buying one the ones she showed me. It's amazing how racism just seems into every aspect of life.

You don't look for your own houses?

The Minister Of Culture

kickin incredibly dope shyt
Supporter
Daps
shes a well accomplished lawyer and hes an "artist"

:mjpls:

white dudes are allowed to be mediocre as hell in damn near every department to high value black women but black men have be damn near the image of perfection in all aspects smh

Last edited: