"A-F-R-O" A 17-Year-Old Artist Trying To Reignite The Golden Age Of Hip Hop?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I respect your opinion. I just think that shyt is corny. Hip hop is about soul and doin you, not doin a craft

Isn't this guy the definition of doing himself though? I agree that he might not be the saviour or whatnot, but at least he's not in it just to get a check off some ringtone, mumblerap shyt.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Oh wow, kid's not even wack, he's doing nostalgia rap better than Joey.:ohhh:

Homie got skillz DAMN!!!!!

giphy.gif

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Isn't this guy the definition of doing himself though? I agree that he might not be the saviour or whatnot, but at least he's not in it just to get a check off some ringtone, mumblerap shyt.

but is he in it to get a check off some fast-rapping, wannabe-super-lyrical shyt?

Generic is generic. Whether you're trying to be Weezy clone #358 or Canibus clone #358

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
y'all really love generic rappers, especially of the 'hip hop savior' type. Then you wonder why hip hop is in the state it's in.
I'm not even gonna sit here and lie to you, I couldn't finish the vid in the OP because it just felt so reality TV "we're selling you a story instead of this person" with this kid name dropping legends and being a student of the game in probably the most corny way possible. But I figure if Rugged Man co-signs him, there's gotta be something there, right?

Kid is definitely talented with his flow...I just hope he can turn that into music I can actually bump

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Of course there's people in here shytting on Afro. :francis: I don't even wanna know what their definition of good music is.

As for Afro though? :wow:Dude is incredible. I love rappers who string multi-syllables and make it sound sense. It's one of the greatest sounds of music to me. I think the game needs more lyricists. People SHOULD care about the craft. And they do, which is why Afro's getting a lot of positive attention lately. People like variety. And if we can have Migos, K Camp, Fetty Wap, Young Thug, French Montana and Future, then there's also room for an Afro. :yeshrug:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
well guys always had someone they sounded like first.....as long he eventually evovles into his own man.:yeshrug: