A year after opening 600 rooms to L.A.’s unhoused, the Cecil Hotel is still mostly empty. Here’s why

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
for $1200 rent in the middle of LA, i would marry a demon. :pachaha:
full

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This is some bullshyt. The Housing Authority can EASILY subcontract housing inspectors if they're understaffed and I know, from personal and professional experience, one inspector could knock-out inspecting every unit in that building in 1-2 weeks.

I've done it several times throughout my career.

:martin:

Crazy that it takes weeks to get someone to come out and then inspect rooms that are less than 200sq ft.

shyt, hire some unemployed cats to do it

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
you can buy shyt cheap off homeless tho

bought a northface jacket 5 new era hats all with price tags on em a bluetooth speaker unopened in box for ,$40 bucks..

3fays ago

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Most homeless people are drug addicted and mentally ill. They would prefer to be out on the streets instead of housed where some accountability will be required of them.

Those temporarily down on their luck and homeless individuals aren't going to be in a place like that for long until they are back on their feet.

On the street homeless people belong in asylums or some sort of institution.

I think they all should be shipped of to a island surrounded by sharks, killer squids, naval mines and cameras should be installed throughout the island and their activities could be broadcasted 24/7 live on youtube. Once a month, they should get air drops of fresh water, food, seed and weapons on random locations on the island. :wow:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
I think they all should be shipped of to a island surrounded by sharks, killer squids, naval mines and cameras should be installed throughout the island and their activities could be broadcasted 24/7 live on youtube. Once a month, they should get air drops of fresh water, food, seed and weapons on random locations on the island. :wow:
should be a movie.. or series

ratings would be !

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Not everyone but about 95% of them are. Plus you're a dufus for using the word "unhoused". The word is homeless. A lot of y'all love polishing shyt too much.

charliemurphy-wrong.gif

Here in L.A. County, 27% of the homeless reported substance abuse and 25% had serious mental illness. The numbers may be even higher when we consider that many people are hesitant to reveal behavioral health disorders to strangers taking the count.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
charliemurphy-wrong.gif

Yea I’m gonna call absolute bullshyt that you can wander to some tent city and 4 of 10 of those hobos are going to work 40 hours a week. But hey some rando on twitter said so, so must be true