Aaliyah = Cieara

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You didn't offer up any counters. Your arguments were all filled with opinions that you tried to pass off as fact. When people asked you to back up any of your claims, all you did was come back with more opinions.

My number crunching weren't some imaginary numbers that I came with. They were facts backed up with Soundscans (you know the people who actually track things like this). The articles were posted as proof that I wasn't just spewing random opinions. I don't like posting something and not being able to back it up. I'll offer my two cents, but if it's something that I can't back up factually, I will straight up tell you it's my opinion and nothing more.

:rudy:

dont get stupid and act like im the only one that tells you about yourself.

and like i said, i wasnt the only one shuttin your chit down. theres people that i came in here that like aaliyah and dont like me, that shut you down as well in these threads.

And I see the delusion continues if you think Ciara was ever bigger than Aaliyah. Ciara's declined with album #2, not the third. Ciara's second album sold half of what the first one did. None of Ciara's albums sold more than Aaliyah's. That's what I mean when people try to pass off their opinion as fact.

you dont come with facts because you have no perspective or cultural insight on anything no matter the topic.

all you do is post fluff-piece articles and numbers. and all your posts are open-ended. of course ciara's 2nd album didnt sell like the debut. LOOK AT THE CLIMATE.

ur like the r&b version of that biggie stan that types essays in the booth. i forgot his name. hes a drag as well. what irks me is that yall both pull some of this chit on purpose.

:scust:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

dont get stupid and act like im the only one that tells you about yourself.

and like i said, i wasnt the only one shuttin your chit down. theres people that i came in here that like aaliyah and dont like me, that shut you down as well in these threads.

you dont come with facts because
all you do is post fluff-piece articles and numbers. and all your posts are open-ended. of course ciara's 2nd album didnt sell like the debut. LOOK AT THE CLIMATE.

ur like the r&b version of that biggie stan that types essays in the booth. i forgot his name. hes a drag as well. what irks me is that yall both pull some of this chit on purpose.

:scust:

This thread isn't about me. Again, you didn't shut me down, all you did was this:

"you have no perspective or cultural insight on anything no matter the topic". You're not offering any cultural insight or perspective. You're offering your opinion on the topic. Claiming Ciara, Mya, or whoever was a bigger draw than Aaliyah isn't offering cultural insight or perspective. It's an opinion and remains an opinion until you offer something that's indisputable to back up the claim.

If you're not doing that, you're doing this:

"of course ciara's 2nd album didnt sell like the debut. LOOK AT THE CLIMATE." That's not an argument. Selling half in less than two years with two hit singles and two tours to support said album isn't exactly a change in climate especially when R&B music was still very much viable. That's a huge decline.

Giselle

Daps
With better song writer's:ld:. ...so what's with the hype? I've heard nikkas call her the queen of r&b. I never got that

Discuss.

S/N: left eye wasn't even a top 10 female rapper. Prove me wrong because after that TLC bio, I downloaded her album and all I can say is:dahell:

Aaliyah looks better, can act, and can do much more with her voice than Ciara can. Her vocal range is wider. A's voice can go much lower than Ciara's and she can belt or use a more powerful voice than Ciara can. Aaliyah also had the "it" factor, and Ciara does not.

Tuneday

Pro
Supporter
Daps
How dare you compare Aaliyah to Ciara! :damn:

Ciara can dance her ass off! God damn! :whew: :salute:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ive countered your entire post a gazillion times on this board, including this thread - probably multiple times.

youre a broken record breh. its either that or youre number-crunching or pulling random fluff-piece articles out of nowhere.

youre a nice guy, so i rarely ever come at your neck hard but dammit man, youre a headache waiting to happen.:mindblown:

- first & foremost, i advise you to look at the type of people that are dappin you in this thread before you get on your high horse and start 'droppin mics'.

- just because someone has good choreography, it doesnt make them a good dancer. BE SMART SON. your props should be given to the choreographer. not the chick struggling to keep up with the routine.

- you dont fully get the gist of whatever i said about drake. cuz i dont view him as even being on top of this era.

- and stop acting like aaliyah was ever in the adult lane in the '90s. you speak as if she was competing against mary, whitney, etc.:laugh:

- ciara fell off after 2 albums? yes. so did aaliyah.:whistle:

- what ciara took from aaliyah is that she followed her blueprint on how to get a flukey non-vocalist career going. but thats as far as it goes. ciara was a bigger draw than aaliyah for a reason. shes a legit performer, and theres always a place for that IN ANY ERA. thats the reason why she reached higher billing than aaliyah possibly could.

Im not paying attention to daps,lack of daps you have could also be a sign of something to you know,a good argument is a good argument...So far you proving @SirBiatch right by not bringing a real one to the table here...Just a lot of opinions that cant be proven apparently or unproven,no matter how many people say they saw it differently you will just say everybody elses perspective is wack:mjlol:

-So you want to give the choreographers credit as great dancers instead of Aaliyah even though she used the routines they gave her:dahell:?Since when does the public credit choreographers instead of the performer?My point is nobody saw her as a bad dancer like you are implying because she got the credit of the choregoraphers work like everybody else....so what if you don't give her credit like the rest of the public,your one person...im sure really great dancers wouldn't say Ciara exactly is ripping up any stages either,she's average outside of choreography shes not coming up with too. Lets not act like shes Usher,CB or Omarion now:mjlol:

-I don't see how you don't think Drake is on top of this era in his lane if you thought Ciara was but w/e...that could only mean you are not talking in terms of success and you mean talent...So okay Ciara was the top of her lane in a weak era for her lane,my point still stands....Aaliyah was up against the likes of Brandy,Monica,Mya solo wise,not to mention female groups she was up against in that lane....Aaliyah was still many peoples favorite and in the discussion with the big 3 of Brandy and Monica....Whitney and Mariah are not in the same lane as Aaliyah so thats irrelevant,dont think I ever implied that....you don't see me comparing Ciara with Alicia Keys.

-Ciara fell off after one album in terms of musically and success,Don't bring up climate now when weak azz climate was the whole reason she had that whole lane to herself basically....If Aaliyah had no competition what the hell you think she would've looked like:blessed:

Ciara faded with minimal competition of Keri Hilson,the stronger the female rnb/pop lane got she vanished because she proved she was just good for singles instead of bodys of work like Aaliyah did....don't tell me what a big shot and how loved Ciara was then blame the climate:mjlol:...Especially when it didn't stop Keisha Cole from selling two million just like Ciara in that same climate when shes not nearly as pop or visible as Ciara was at the time,or coming off a album as big as Ciaras first.

Aaliyah left and went on a 5 or 6 year hiatus after her second album and you wanna say she fell off but wont say Ciara did after her first album with a 2 year gap to her second:dahell:? These rnb/pop bytches knocked Ciara off with 0 help from Ciara by putting out superior singles and a cooler image,Aaliyah had to take a vacation and even then the sales alone don't show the love was done by her third album like you claim:mjcry:

You have no argument here Wacky,your man with an opinion who's hard headed against popular opinion as usual,maybe just for kicks iono....That's fine when your arguing for quality sake vs popularity,But in this thread your arguing for arguments sake:scust:

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
Lets be honest..

Not one female singer that was mentioned in here ever put out an album as dope and creative as Aaliyah's last album....

That shyt still sound fresh today

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
ciara is the better looking chick

Ciara got hella plastic surgery over the years as well.

Yall must of forgot ciara used to look like wanda sykes, now she look like a black kim kardashian lol

Lets compare before ciara went under the knife

Ciara @ 22

21416729-21416732-large.jpg

Aaliyah @ 22
-AALIYAH-album-signing-at-FYE-Music-aaliyah-19148402-1615-2412.jpg

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

Yall must of forgot ciara used to look like wanda sykes, now she look like a black kim kardashian lol

Ciara @ 22

Aaliyah @ 22

i'd take ciara easily.

yall need to be real and just admit yall like aaliyah cuz shes light-skin with sex appeal. she had the body of a little boy and a plain jane face. and by the time she hit her 20s, she was looking like she was in her mid-30s - just like this pic.

ciara looked better when she came out than she does now.

Im not paying attention to daps,lack of daps you have could also be a sign of something to you know,a good argument is a good argument...So far you proving @SirBiatch right by not bringing a real one to the table here...Just a lot of opinions that cant be proven apparently or unproven,no matter how many people say they saw it differently you will just say everybody elses perspective is wack

-So you want to give the choreographers credit as great dancers instead of Aaliyah even though she used the routines they gave her?Since when does the public credit choreographers instead of the performer?My point is nobody saw her as a bad dancer like you are implying because she got the credit of the choregoraphers work like everybody else....so what if you don't give her credit like the rest of the public,your one person...im sure really great dancers wouldn't say Ciara exactly is ripping up any stages either,she's average outside of choreography shes not coming up with too. Lets not act like shes Usher,CB or Omarion now
-I don't see how you don't think Drake is on top of this era in his lane if you thought Ciara was but w/e...that could only mean you are not talking in terms of success and you mean talent...So okay Ciara was the top of her lane in a weak era for her lane,my point still stands....Aaliyah was up against the likes of Brandy,Monica,Mya solo wise,not to mention female groups she was up against in that lane....Aaliyah was still many peoples favorite and in the discussion with the big 3 of Brandy and Monica....Whitney and Mariah are not in the same lane as Aaliyah so thats irrelevant,dont think I ever implied that....you don't see me comparing Ciara with Alicia Keys.

-Ciara fell off after one album in terms of musically and success,Don't bring up climate now when weak azz climate was the whole reason she had that whole lane to herself basically....If Aaliyah had no competition what the hell you think she would've looked like

Ciara faded with minimal competition of Keri Hilson,the stronger the female rnb/pop lane got she vanished because she proved she was just good for singles instead of bodys of work like Aaliyah did....don't tell me what a big shot and how loved Ciara was then blame the climate...Especially when it didn't stop Keisha Cole from selling two million just like Ciara in that same climate when shes not nearly as pop or visible as Ciara was at the time,or coming off a album as big as Ciaras first.

Aaliyah left and went on a 5 or 6 year hiatus after her second album and you wanna say she fell off but wont say Ciara did after her first album with a 2 year gap to her second? These rnb/pop bytches knocked Ciara off with 0 help from Ciara by putting out superior singles and a cooler image,Aaliyah had to take a vacation and even then the sales alone don't show the love was done by her third album like you claim

You have no argument here Wacky,your man with an opinion who's hard headed against popular opinion as usual,maybe just for kicks iono....That's fine when your arguing for quality sake vs popularity,But in this thread your arguing for arguments sake

well you better start paying attention. cuz if the people dapping you consist of a robot and a few dikkheads, what does that tell you?

BE SMART SON. just because you have good choreography, it doesnt mean that youre a good dancer. and you dont have to be an expert to see how aaliyah used to struggle in her routines. and you can act like im just one person all you want, but ive never heard aaliyah be referred to as a good dancer or singer until i came here.

lol @ ciara not ripping up stages. im f*ckin done.

why are you comparing ciara to keyshia cole?

again, WHO WAS AALIYAH's COMPETITION? stop acting like she was in some sort of adult lane. she was in the teen lane playing third fiddle behind monica & brandy. and no, there was no big 3. it was the big 2. it was brandy vs. monica.:whistle: it wasnt a triple threat match.

so what if aaliyah was alot of people's favorite of that lane? hell, alot of people favored others who arent even mentioned anymore. whats your point?

lol @ popular opinion. you know what popular opinion is synonymous with? the opinions of casuals.

and im starting to realize that youre a casual rap fan as well - which is what really matterson this board. so you might want to fallback cuz ur looking funny in the light. DRAKE IS ON TOP OF WHAT EXACTLY?:laugh: THE RADIO??

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
look, i see this is going absolutely nowhere and im beginning to feel stupid talking to some of yall.

BOTTOM LINE:
put ciara in the '90s with somebody like a JD or puff and you get the same results.

and i dont even like ciara.

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
look, i see this is going absolutely nowhere and im beginning to feel stupid talking to some of yall.

BOTTOM LINE:
put ciara in the '90s with somebody like a JD or puff and you get the same results.

No, because Aaliyah had 3 platinum albums and helped form a sound in r & b
i'd take ciara easily.

yall need to be real and just admit yall like aaliyah cuz shes light-skin with sex appeal. she had the body of a little boy and a plain jane face. and by the time she hit her 20s, she was looking like she was in her mid-30s - just like this pic.

Ciara didn't have a body either, she was flat chested just like Aaliyah. But that's your personal taste.

BOTTOM LINE:

Aaliyah constantly put out consistent hits and platinum plaques during her career, also helped shape a sound and style in r & b with a rising movie acting career to match.

Ciara was only commercially successful for two years and also took some of Aaliyah's style and modernized it. Its no comparison.

That's like saying Put Chris Brown (who's a reckless dumb ass) in the 80's and he would have the same results as MJ. Not true.

You talking out the ass and opinions with no facts to back up claims. Did Aaliyah turn you down or something brah? lol

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'd take ciara easily.

well you better start paying attention. cuz if the people dapping you consist of a robot and a few dikkheads, what does that tell you?

BE SMART SON. just because you have good choreography, it doesnt mean that youre a good dancer. and you dont have to be an expert to see how aaliyah used to struggle in her routines. and you can act like im just one person all you want, but ive never heard aaliyah be referred to as a good dancer or singer until i came here.

lol @ ciara not ripping up stages. im f*ckin done.

why are you comparing ciara to keyshia cole?

again, WHO WAS AALIYAH's COMPETITION? stop acting like she was in some sort of adult lane. she was in the teen lane playing third fiddle behind monica & brandy. and no, there was no big 3. it was the big 2. it was brandy vs. monica.:whistle: it wasnt a triple threat match.

so what if aaliyah was alot of people's favorite of that lane? hell, alot of people favored others who arent even mentioned anymore. whats your point?

lol @ popular opinion. you know what popular opinion is synonymous with? the opinions of casuals.

and im starting to realize that youre a casual rap fan as well - which is what really matterson this board. so you might want to fallback cuz ur looking funny in the light. DRAKE IS ON TOP OF WHAT EXACTLY?:laugh: THE RADIO??

And are you about to sit here and pretend popular opinion is always wrong:laff:...you not sick of that pulling that argument out when you losing yet?that if alot of people think it,then ot must be wrong...my point was you like to be a contrarian and go against the grain,which i said is fine and dont act like im some go with the grain type of nikka either....that dont make you right just because you going against the grain either which is sumthing you fail to grasp...when you right you right,this time you wrong....shame on you acting like i never cosigned you when the whole board was clowning you for unpopular opinions on Outkast etc,i was in the trenches:ufdup:..and like i havent had unpopular opinions of my own.

Janet Jackson aint the best dancer either but she had great choreography and was seen as such...my point being people liked her dance routines and she got the credit....We not gon let you rewrite history like Aaliyah was seen as a bad dancer...in her time she was seen as a good dancer period....Ciara havent more advanced skills doesnt mean you can retroactively play aaliyah off as a bad dancer now when thats not how she was seen....thats like me sayin Run DMC wasnt respected lyricist because they not as lyrical as respected lyricist of today...for her time she did her thing and was respected for it.

And i bought up Keyshia Cole because as a traditional rnb artist her albums sales grew and didnt drop in that "climate"...how the hell a traditional rnb artist unknown to mtv sell the same thing as somebody you claim was a rnb/pop hit who was bigger than Aaliyah:laff:

Aaliyah had no problem outselling Monica at her peak as a pop/rnb artist now did she...how the hell you gon acknowledge she in the same lane with brandy and monica then act like people didnt put them against each other and many chose aaliyah....if you want to play that route it wasnt no competetion between Brandy and Monica outside of rumors people made up to have them feuding...the people overwhemingly chose Brandy and Brandy is more talented and had bigger records and is still bigger today...monicas biggest record had Brandys help:heh:...how dare you act like Aaliyah wasn't in the running my nikka,fans of that lane loved Aaliyah you hate her and don't think she was as talented we get it....guess the debates over,the world isnt bigger than Wacky D's contrarian perspective,it goes against popular opinion so it must be right yall:francis:.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Ciara @ 22

Aaliyah @ 22

Ciara was fine when she came out though,when I first seen her in that LLoyd video and didn't even know she was a artist:banderas:..Didn't know she had plastic surgery,i just thought she got skinnier.....They both fine for some skinny chicks,Aaliyah just kinda had that swag that carried her over to another level,when she finally put it all together:blessed:..Ciaras had plenty of moments though:whew:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No, because Aaliyah had 3 platinum albums and helped form a sound in r & b

Ciara didn't have a body either, she was flat chested just like Aaliyah. But that's your personal taste.

Aaliyah constantly put out consistent hits and platinum plaques during her career, also helped shape a sound and style in r & b with a rising movie acting career to match.

Ciara was only commercially successful for two years and also took some of Aaliyah's style and modernized it. Its no comparison.

That's like saying Put Chris Brown (who's a reckless dumb ass) in the 80's and he would have the same results as MJ. Not true.

You talking out the ass and opinions with no facts to back up claims. Did Aaliyah turn you down or something brah? lol

so what facts do you think youre working with?:mjlol:

aaliyah didnt form any sounds or styles.

compare aaliyah to michael jackson brehs.

2 years(really 3 years) off of 2 albums. same way aaliyah only had 2 albums that popped.

i didnt say ciara was stacked, but she clearly had more body than aaliyah.

And are you about to sit here and pretend popular opinion is always wrong:laff:...you not sick of that pulling that argument out when you losing yet?that if alot of people think it,then ot must be wrong...my point was you like to be a contrarian and go against the grain,which i said is fine and dont act like im some go with the grain type of nikka either....that dont make you right just because you going against the grain either which is sumthing you fail to grasp...when you right you right,this time you wrong....shame on you acting like i never cosigned you when the whole board was clowning you for unpopular opinions on Outkast etc,i was in the trenches:ufdup:..and like i havent had unpopular opinions of my own.

Janet Jackson aint the best dancer either but she had great choreography and was seen as such...my point being people liked her dance routines and she got the credit....We not gon let you rewrite history like Aaliyah was seen as a bad dancer...in her time she was seen as a good dancer period....Ciara havent more advanced skills doesnt mean you can retroactively play aaliyah off as a bad dancer now when thats not how she was seen....thats like me sayin Run DMC wasnt respected lyricist because they not as lyrical as respected lyricist of today...for her time she did her thing and was respected for it.

And i bought up Keyshia Cole because as a traditional rnb artist her albums sales grew and didnt drop in that "climate"...how the hell a traditional rnb artist unknown to mtv sell the same thing as somebody you claim was a rnb/pop hit who was bigger than Aaliyah:laff:

Aaliyah had no problem outselling Monica at her peak as a pop/rnb artist now did she...how the hell you gon acknowledge she in the same lane with brandy and monica then act like people didnt put them against each other and many chose aaliyah....if you want to play that route it wasnt no competetion between Brandy and Monica outside of rumors people made up to have them feuding...the people overwhemingly chose Brandy and Brandy is more talented and had bigger records and is still bigger today...monicas biggest record had Brandys help:heh:...how dare you act like Aaliyah wasn't in the running my nikka,fans of that lane loved Aaliyah you hate her and don't think she was as talented we get it....guess the debates over,the world isnt bigger than Wacky D's contrarian perspective,it goes against popular opinion so it must be right yall:francis:.

man honestly, after seeing you in that other thread talking about how rihanna couldve made a run for the R&B CROWN, im not even trying to read all of this.

im sorry but im out of patience.