Absolut Madness, DDTP, Hobo, Vonteff: DC Streetwear Brands of the 90s

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I just seen a nikka wearing hobo yesterday on the train.

My era was the mid 2000's it was Bonidacci, All Daz, Shooters, Scraypuz, We R One (in that order of popularity) then Solbiato and Mchunu came around, then it was only Solbiato that nikkas really fukked with when I was a junior/senior in high school.

@horse. kills yeah it was Visionz that was asian owned. I actually had a couple of those shirts.

All Knowledge

Speak up...
Daps
Reppin
Belo Horizante
back in the days / robbin for Solb :mjcry:

I remember getting some 991's and Solbiato terry sweat pants for my birthday one year, couldn't tell me shyt :wow:

I preferred Shooters, much cheaper and black owned.

When that Mchunu, Visionz and Bondaiacci shyt started popping up :scust:

nikkas in PG, District and Capital heights loved that shyt, I could never understand :rudy:

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
And don't forget getting your sleeves cut up, or adding glitter, etc

and remember those funny straw hats that looked like bulbs or something. I swear 36 had one on in a video.

or WB, anybody who worked at the WB store was feasting.

Edit: Forgot to add the nascar jackets, new balance, and rubber bands around your jeans LMAO

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
@Idaeo you should have Bmore in that tag too

I remember PG county nikkas used to rock Looney Toon shirts and Dale Earnhardt jackets
:heh:

DC nikkas used to hop out a Cutlass in full Harley Davidson gear
:dead:

nascar jackets and Harley get up was the wave :ufdup:

nikkas had old police cars (96 chevy SS) with the light on the side around that same time

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

and remember those funny straw hats that looked like bulbs or something. I swear 36 had one on in a video.

Edit: Forgot to add the nascar jackets, new balance, and rubber bands around your jeans LMAO
They used to sell the straw hats at Six Flags, I rocked new balance, and still do. Nascar jackets in middle school was the shyt.:wow:

Pineal Gland

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PG County

The sippin on syrup video breh. Everybody was rocking that shyt around my way.

lochead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm from where Petey come from
I remember PG county nikkas used to rock Looney Toon shirts and Dale Earnhardt jackets
:heh:

DC nikkas used to hop out a Cutlass in full Harley Davidson gear
:dead:

nascar jackets and Harley get up was the wave :ufdup:

nikkas had old police cars (96 chevy SS) with the light on the side around that same time

And other nikkas around the country followed suit :martin:

Madness was an Uptown thing nikkas on the Southside didn't fukk wit it too much. We fukked wit DDTP tho especially when homeboy ran it out of his apartment on Anacostia Rd. You would've thought it was a crack house with nikkas running up in there all times of the day :mjgrin:

Daps
I remember visionz store in laurel mall lol all it had was Asians working there , nikkas was not fukking with them ugly clothes

Ddtp,madness , hobo,we r one was the best

We was on Avia shoes hard, and don't forget we was rocking Eddie Bauer coats tough

nikkas know , people was getting shot for Eddie Bauer coats, them Oxon Hill nikkas had nikkas scared to wear they shyt lol