Admitted to cheating on my GF, where do I go from here?

Jamesmac91

Rookie
Daps
We're broken up now.
I feel sick to my stomach.

This has been my girlfriend of 4 years and best friend of 9 years.

I didn't get caught and I doubt I would have gotten caught, but I kept telling myself that I was a coward for not telling her.

Thought I was doing the right thing but now I feel like I made the wrong decision and did serious emotion damage to her for no reason. I could have just broken up with her and let her have that peace of mind.

Never cheated before and don't know what happens from here, really want input from other people that have gone through similar situations.

We haven't talked since I confessed last night, I see that she's erased me off all her social media. I really want to talk to her again and continue to tell her how sorry I am, not because I want her back but I just want to do whatever makes her hurt less.

Or do I need to just let her have her space?

Last edited:

The5thLetter

Meow
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like u told her to assuage ur own guilt. Now she'll have to deal w the pain, insecurity, resentment and everything else that will follow while u feel a sense of relief for telling her :smh: If u get back together that trust is gone. U should've either moved on or if u wanted to stay then stop cheating.

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Like I tell nikkas, if she takes you back, be prepared for some revenge dikk
Can you handle that?
Good luck

You know it!

Better yet. During this break... she's more than likely out doing some very nasty things, probably with a coworker because women usually hook up with people they already know.

And if she decides to forgive you. She'll PROBABLY tell you about it, but you can't get mad. Don't ask what she did while broke up either, "its none of your business because we weren't together. "

You ain't gonna be able to handle that shyt breh. lol

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So I shouldn't have told her
can't answer that but why you did it was for selfish reasons just know that. you didn't do it for her benefit..

I thought about telling one time I'm not a cheater but I've been there. I was feeling the guilt of betrayal

broke up with the girl instead.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You're cheating scum tough luck nikka , doing the right thing would have been keeping your dikk in your pants instead of betraying your so called best friend and love of your life over some puzzy.

Iife is to short for anyone to trust someone again who has cheated on them. You only admitted it to relieve your guilt, let your faithful now ex get a breh who will treat her right

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Give her some space. Shes probably processes everything and going thru the motions. If she loves u she'll contact u to get clarity on everything. If not she'll just move on. Thats some courage to admit ur mistakes. shyt is hard to do when ur careless out here. But like I said give her some space for awhile.

Jamesmac91

Rookie
Daps
Give her some space. Shes probably processes everything and going thru the motions. If she loves u she'll contact u to get clarity on everything. If not she'll just move on. Thats some courage to admit ur mistakes. shyt is hard to do when ur careless out here. But like I said give her some space for awhile.
Don't reach out to her at all? Wait for her to talk to me for how long?

And I thought this confession was gonna go a lot differently. Early in the relationship she cheated and I had to find out on my own, I didn't get angry I just charged it to the game and said it was proof that we weren't supposed to be in a relationship but we can still be friends.

We got past that and got back together, but I always told myself if I cheated I would admit to it because I would never want to have her find out on her own and feel the way I felt.