invalid

Banned
Daps
This is what they look like today...

I believe they are standing in the same spots as their ancestors in the Trumbull painting..

6237379495_302113e8d3_o_d.jpg

I flip flop on this but I'm a sometimes proponent of Black/African Americans just calling ourselves American. We built this country and have the right to be the face of America. Even moreso because many of us have Native DNA which gives us blood ties to this land even before Europeans.

I think it's time that we change this paradigm of where we tend to separate ourselves out, and start making ourselves front and center. It is undeniable the African influence on North, Central, and South American culture.

Matthew Henson helped discover the North Pole. DuSable founded Chicago. Benjamin Banneker designed our nation's Capital. The influence of black cowboys on the "Wild, Wild, West" folklore. Our music, art, religion and literature are all at the foundation of American pop culture, which have been used as the tools of American imperialism.

Should we continue to call ourselves "African" American, "Black" American, or just American - since we are, at the most basic levels, the foundation of what is America today.

invalid

Banned
Daps
There is no way in hell I would have set my black ass up there to help make that video. Especially since pretty much all the founding fathers were racist and looked at blacks as inferior beings. Foh!

True, although that would have been all the more reason why I would have sat up there. They would turn over in their graves knowing what America has become and the superiority of the African gene.

Last edited:

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
I'll never understand why people insist on judging people of past eras by the moral standards of today, outside of scoring cheap moral points for themselves. Do people realize that the founders were born into a world were inherent racial and gender differences was orthodoxy and had been so for centuries before they even took their first breath. And of-course, this goes without saying, but that does NOT mean we just shrug off everything they did that we view as reprehensible today as, "Oh, those were just different times." But instead, we look at the very nuance of their character and what they accomplished that nobody else did in the era in which they lived.

Last edited:

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I'll never understand why people insist on judging people of past eras by the moral standards of today, outside of scoring cheap moral points for themselves. The founders were born into a world were inherent racial and gender differences was orthodoxy and had been so for centuries before they even took their first breath. And of-course, this goes without saying, but that does NOT mean we just shrug off everything they did that we view as reprehensible today as, "Oh, those were just different times." But instead, we look at the very nuance of their character and what they accomplished that nobody else did in the era in which they lived.

Idc what year it is. The founders knew the difference between right and wrong. The vast majority of wytes turned a blind eye to it to continue to live comfortably.

So yeah. I get to judge them.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
I'll never understand why people insist on judging people of past eras by the moral standards of today, outside of scoring cheap moral points for themselves. The founders were born into a world were inherent racial and gender differences was orthodoxy and had been so for centuries before they even took their first breath. And of-course, this goes without saying, but that does NOT mean we just shrug off everything they did that we view as reprehensible today as, "Oh, those were just different times." But instead, we look at the very nuance of their character and what they accomplished that nobody else did in the era in which they lived.
fukk outta here with your nonsense.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh

:mjlol: At this attempt at moral relativism. Only works with some things breh. Pretty sure slavery rape and murder have been considered wrong by all cultures throughout history.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Yes, let's instead look at what they accomplished at the expense of our ancestors humanity :beli:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Idc what year it is. The founders knew the difference between right and wrong. The vast majority of wytes turned a blind eye to it to continue to live comfortably.

So yeah. I get to judge them.

What even made it more hypocritical was that the colonist were fighting an oppressive regime in the British themselves. Makes no sense. Usually, humans tend to empathize with people who have gone through similar experiences as them. At the signing of the Declaration, slavery had already been well ensconced in colonial society for over 140 years. Should not have taken almost another 100 years to deal with the issue.

Champagne Kudo

Shyness Boy
Daps
Reppin
conquering north korea for nice tight asian p*ssy
fukk you and the founding fathers :manny:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
nikkas wanna label themselves everything umder tha sun 2 run away from what we truly are - african. i'm an american! i'm a christian! i'm a hebrew isrealite! i'm a nikka! i'm dominican, me no black papi:mjpls:
i don't see color:troll:
All bullshyt. Just cuz crackas forced us to build up their vision of what society should be, dont mean we obligated to stay invested in it. America was ultimately never meant 4 us 2 thrive in, so why should we care about being american? I aint sayin 2 just pack up n go home, n i sure as hell aint forgot tht america needs to pay us back what they owe in some way. hell if our ppl could say fukk tha labels n stop splinterin themselves off, and work together as a unit like most other ethnicities/races, we could build up our own society without having to rely on govermment influence 2 prop us up.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
We don't care what Ja Rule thinks about all of this.