xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I would feel some type of way. But, I would be also trying to secure contacts, money and everything else - no lie.

I recently found out one of my 3rd Great Grandfathers was my 3rd Grannie enslaver - but apparently he accepted her and tried to "help" her in some way. That same family owns damn near everything in this town in Alabama - multi-million estates, the county bank, and the counties largest "farm" (used to be the plantation).

When it's time - and I figure something out - i'm plotting and planning for something. Land... something - for my family that still lives in that county - who are also descendants.

That is the ONLY good thing I see out this DNA stuff - the proof for reparation claims for enslavers who are still eating off our ancestors labor.

Last edited:

motion order

Mercenary
Daps
Reppin
Jew Jersey
The spirit motive and content of The Declaration of Independence is actually most appropriate for Black people in America. We are a nation within a nation.

The American whiteman had the forsight to know that separation from his own British brother was in his own best interest.
It is sad that Black people in America don't even realize the need to separate from an actual open enemy.

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
The spirit motive and content of The Declaration of Independence is actually most appropriate for Black people in America. We are a nation within a nation.

The American whiteman had the forsight to know that separation from his own British brother was in his own best interest.
It is sad that Black people in America don't even realize the need to separate from an actual open enemy.

Where would we go?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
The first blacks in the US weren't slaves. Many quaker communities had blacks.

Then you have this:

51aYTaoCMoL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Right. They were indentured servants. And the Quakers also owned slaves up to the end of the 1780's. Source: Loosening the Bonds: Mid-Atlantic Farm Women, 1750-1850

Quakers did indeed help some fugitive slaves but that was mainly during the 1830's-1840's - but it wasn't like that.

A great book to read is: Fit for Freedom, Not for Friendship: Quakers, African Americans, and the Myth of Racial Justice. Philadelphia: Quaker Press.

Here are a few other sources:

The fear of “amalgamation”—of racial mixing—that was pervasive in the 19th century—
and continues to this day—influenced Friends as it did the general European-American population.

In the 1830s, when abolitionism began to make a stir in the country as a whole, all Friends did agree
that enslavement was an evil that should be ended. Like many others, they were “anti-slavery.”
However, not all were for abolition, or certainly not the immediate abolition advocated by the most
radical leaders. —Larry Gara, “Who Was An Abolitionist?” in Martin Duberman, ed., The Antislavery Vanguard,
pp. 32 ff.

In 1841 Indiana Yearly Meeting quoted the Bible to warn of the consequences of mingling by
recalling that Ephraim of old “mixed himself among the people [and] strangers have devoured his
strength and he knoweth it not.”

The next year the Maryland Hicksites issued a “solemn warning” in that regard:
Friends should avoid any involvement with the associations that promote abolition “by political or
other means of a coercive nature, devised in the wisdom and contrivance of man.….” —Drake, p.
148; — Errol Elliott, Quakers on the American Frontier: A History of the Westward Migrations,
Settlements, and Developments of Friends on the American Continent. pp. 91-92. Walter Edgerton,
A History of the Separation of Indiana Yearly Meeting, p. 48.

Friends living in the “slave states” were also warned not to interfere with the rights of those who did
enslave. Baltimore Yearly Meeting in the 1840s asked members to exhibit “a benevolent regard” for
others who had been so long in a place where enslavement was well accepted and who were thus
“very much blinded to the iniquity of the system and its awful consequences.”
—Forbush, Moses Sheppard, p. 171.

I can go on... basically I'm saying - there were not our friends and their "help" came with major cost. They were not going to speak up and NO one could stop the institute of slavery - it didn't matter who spoke up.

“All told, more than $600 million, or almost half of the economic activity in the United States in 1836, derived directly or indirectly from cotton produced by the million-odd slaves — 6 percent of the total US population — who in that year toiled in labor camps on slavery’s frontier.” By 1850, he writes, American slaves were worth $1.3 billion, one-fifth of the nation’s wealth. The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

We don't have to leave the US to do so. It's doing everything we are trying to do now - but Black men and Black women won't get on the same page. IR dating and other things can't be on the table inorder to do so. And it's many that can't let that go.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
This country is circling the drain to it's destruction. I'm perfectly fine being hyphenated..

Ditto. And it truly is a way to separate descendants of the enslaved in America from other Black people who ancestors immigrated here or they immigrated here. Which is fine - but there are differences.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
I'll never understand why people insist on judging people of past eras by the moral standards of today, outside of scoring cheap moral points for themselves. Do people realize that the founders were born into a world were inherent racial and gender differences was orthodoxy and had been so for centuries before they even took their first breath. And of-course, this goes without saying, but that does NOT mean we just shrug off everything they did that we view as reprehensible today as, "Oh, those were just different times." But instead, we look at the very nuance of their character and what they accomplished that nobody else did in the era in which they lived.

:francis:

@BmoreGorilla

Fandroid

Banned
Daps
I'll never understand why people insist on judging people of past eras by the moral standards of today, outside of scoring cheap moral points for themselves. Do people realize that the founders were born into a world were inherent racial and gender differences was orthodoxy and had been so for centuries before they even took their first breath. And of-course, this goes without saying, but that does NOT mean we just shrug off everything they did that we view as reprehensible today as, "Oh, those were just different times." But instead, we look at the very nuance of their character and what they accomplished that nobody else did in the era in which they lived.
Nope.

Cacs created racism.

Native Americans didn't enslave the pilgrims the moment they saw them.

invalid

Banned
Daps
not really feelin this.

would not sit well with me to be there even if it was my ancestor. knowing on how they thought of me.

according to my family's bio my ancestry goes back to racist ass James Knox Polk

and if they put together some "all of the president's descendants" Im :hubie:

I cant do what they did. dont sit right with me

Is your opinion of the video the same in light of the ADOS and FBA movements?

To me, the video represents the old and tangled history of ADOS to the founding of this country.