ADOS, what's the minimum cash payment you would accept for reparations? (poll included)

What's the smallest amount you would accept?

• Total voters

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Let's say the amount of $250k. Doesn't sound like a lot by itself, but it's $1 Mill for an ADOS family of 4. You take the kids share and fund a 529 education savings account for college. The rest is used to invest in something like index funds, the kids can cash out after 18. That leave the parents' $500k to clear all debts, secure housing, food, and Healthcare. The kids now have free college and a nice chunk of savings for adulthood, on top of any inheritance they receive from the parents upon their death. Is that not generational wealth?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really sad how this topic exposes the low opinion some of you have of your own people. Everybody who got reperations got cash payments with no questions on how theyll spend it, yet were all too stupid to handle it.

like someone else said if that was the case we wouldve been cashed out.
I don't even want to say "we" are collectively too stupid, I just find that fiscal responsibility is not built into
American culture.

Conspicuous Consumption is seen as a marker for high class/high status/high income.

Black Americans are just as susceptible as anyone else to that kind shyt.

Anyone who knows my post history knows that I try to live below my means and invest the rest.
So I think I'd be ready for a large influx of cash, many, many people though, are not black, white or otherwise.

It's kinda like when white collar professionals get a generous benefits and retirement package where they select where
their money goes. Many will elect to "live life now", spend all of their money AND go into debt on top of that because
they want to keep up with the joneses.

To them, tomorrow is not a real concept.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
think about it, the way inflation is today, if they were to give it out today it would be cheap

ya'll gotta stop falling for that. Imagine if you never pay taxes again and you get ALL your coins, you dont pay for the doctor, and you get 6 cert and degree at no charge.

Plus 40acres

That’s what they don’t get breh, instant gratification over generational wealth. How many black families will invest that money and grow their community vs your children/children having no debt, free college, coming back and reinvesting.

That fukk you pay me reparations mentality is the antithesis to us becoming the most powerful minority group.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s like saying the other person only has to pay for crashing into your car if you’re only going to drive it to productive places. If you’re a descendant of slaves, you qualify.

And what plans would one have to come up with? Every single person doesn’t own a business, a non profit, volunteer, or mentor in other communities. Some people are just living regular lives, and have blue collar jobs. Those people still need their money.

This is more like the police shoot your father to death wrongfully,and police pay you a settlment. The money is blood money,sure I guess you could spend it all at Magic City but I dont think thats honoring the sentiment of what the money represents. But like I said earlier,the money doesnt have any real sentiment for most of us. Which is exactly why envoking slavery just to push for reperations is wrong. Use one of the many things that actually effected us living in white supremacy.

If you respect the sentiment of what the money represents,your on board with me and not playing with these folks.

You dont have to own a business. But you should at least be required to buy your house within the black community that the reperations committe is investing in. Not you taking the money to Calabasas and spending your money in other communities.

And if you wanna go more extreme,you could put the money on a card. And the card only works when your buying from black people:pachaha:

But i wont go that far,but we do need to make sure the money is recirculating through the communities weve created and invested in. If you wanna buy a house fine,but you have to buy a house in this particular area we are investing in. Then you cant sell it to the highest bidding white man. You cant sell that trucking business we gave you money for to the Chinese.

We buy you out,or it goes back into black hands. And the money is kept in one centralized black bank. So we have accrss to your bank records. Just to make sure you arent working as a face for other races,or sabatoguing:respect:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Let's say the amount of $250k. Doesn't sound like a lot by itself, but it's $1 Mill for an ADOS family of 4. You take the kids share and fund a 529 education savings account for college. The rest is used to invest in something like index funds, the kids can cash out after 18. That leave the parents' $500k to clear all debts, secure housing, food, and Healthcare. The kids now have free college and a nice chunk of savings for adulthood, on top of any inheritance they receive from the parents upon their death. Is that not generational wealth?
Government payments don’t go to kids. They will go to those of legal adult age and who can’t be claimed by another person - y’all making up stuff when there is precedent for how cash payments from the govt work. So that’s $500k for a couple, enough to buy a home in many places, yet easy enough to trick off, especially if single, those who are upper middle class+ will likely be able to invest it and see it work for possibly a generation or two to come

White people didnt get ahead of us because all of them were rich or had property/land. They got ahead because systemically, as long as you were white, you were entitled to fully participate in society and take advantage of “white man” benefits for centuries. We need policy that makes it beneficial to be ADOS for centuries to come

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This is more like the police shoot your father to death wrongfully,and police pay you a settlment. The money is blood money,sure I guess you could spend it all at Magic City but I dont think thats honoring the sentiment of what the money represents. But like I said earlier,the money doesnt have any real sentiment for most of us. Which is exactly why envoking slavery just to push for reperations is wrong. Use one of the many things that actually effected us living in white supremacy.

If you respect the sentiment of what the money represents,your on board with me and not playing with these folks.

You dont have to own a business. But you should at least be required to buy your house within the black community that the reperations committe is investing in. Not you taking the money to Calabasas and spending your money in other communities.

And if you wanna go more extreme,you could put the money on a card. And the card only works when your buying from black people:pachaha:

But i wont go that far,but we do need to make sure the money is recirculating through the communities weve created and invested in. If you wanna buy a house fine,but you have to buy a house in this particular area we are investing in. Then you cant sell it to the highest bidding white man. You cant sell that trucking business we gave you money for to the Chinese.

We buy you out,or it goes back into black hands. And the money is kept in one centralized black bank. So we have accrss to your bank records. Just to make sure you arent working as a face for other races,or sabatoguing:respect:
Well intentioned, but you can't tell someone how to spend money they're owed.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well intentioned, but you can't tell someone how to spend money they're owed.

Well allow me to settle for 5K today if things are really tight. Then I sign a waiver like when you get severence pay. Saying you cant sue or ask for anymore reperations.

This would either help peoples chances of getting more with fewer in the pot. Or so many people would take the 10k,that the few holdouts wouldnt have enough voices/juice to demand shyt:francis:

But if we cant say how the money csn be used. Who are we to tell people how much they can take if they feel thats all their owed?

Im guessing yalls answer to this would be "Because those people dont know any better,and dont realize what they are doing"

Precisely#CheckDenied:respect:

AggiePride336.

Black American. The Sipp/Carolina.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Already drawn my line in the sand for what I feel is acceptable. These other things y’all are mentioning are great, but cash payments are a non negotiable. I don’t know that number, but cash has to be in the equation. I’m willing to put my vote on that, and I vote every election.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Government payments don’t go to kids. They will go to those of legal adult age and who can’t be claimed by another person - y’all making up stuff when there is precedent for how cash payments from the govt work. So that’s $500k for a couple, enough to buy a home in many places, yet easy enough to trick off, especially if single, those who are upper middle class+ will likely be able to invest it and see it work for possibly a generation or two to come

White people didnt get ahead of us because all of them were rich or had property/land. They got ahead because systemically, as long as you were white, you were entitled to fully participate in society and take advantage of “white man” benefits for centuries. We need policy that makes it beneficial to be ADOS for centuries to come
There is no reparations bill currently being voted on so this entire thread is conjecture. The US gives cash payments to kids all the time. Child tax credit checks went out monthly just a few years ago. Even $500k can create generational wealth to every middle class household on up, and bring the poorest out of poverty. Hard assets purchased will be passed down. Yet, you ignore the fact that all the non-cash ideas you provide will be lost on many Blacks, probably at a higher percentage than would blow through a government check. As I stated in a previous post, cash can buy all the advantages your non-cash ideas provide but you can't legislate morality. So Black homes will continue to be valued less than White owned properties. Whites will continue to favor other whites for jobs and school admissions. Whites will continue to get more favorable loans over Blacks. So all the advantages you attribute to Whites making their come up throughout US history can't be legislated back to ADOS.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There is no reparations bill currently being voted on so this entire thread is conjecture. The US gives cash payments to kids all the time. Child tax credit checks went out monthly just a few years ago. Even $500k can create generational wealth to every middle class household on up, and bring the poorest out of poverty. Hard assets purchased will be passed down. Yet, you ignore the fact that all the non-cash ideas you provide will be lost on many Blacks, probably at a higher percentage than would blow through a government check. As I stated in a previous post, cash can buy all the advantages your non-cash ideas provide but you can't legislate morality. So Black homes will continue to be valued less than White owned properties. Whites will continue to favor other whites for jobs and school admissions. Whites will continue to get more favorable loans over Blacks. So all the advantages you attribute to Whites making their come up throughout US history can't be legislated back to ADOS.
No it can’t. It literally takes generations of advantages, and disadvantage, to get where america has gotten. we need generational systemic changes.

like how do you say these two sentences back to back and believe a one time payment solves the issue :dead: