Afro hair care?

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
I've been growing out my hair for a couple of months now and I can't find good products to keep my hair and scalp moisturized. My head is always dry as shyt. Getting a lot of breakage as well. Any advice, brehs?

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
What products are you currently using and how often are you cleansing and moisturizing your hair?

900.jpg

I don't like that this product makes my hair feel sticky.

I wash my hair every time I shower.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I've been growing out my hair for a couple of months now and I can't find good products to keep my hair and scalp moisturized. My head is always dry as shyt. Getting a lot of breakage as well. Any advice, brehs?
Thing you gotta understand about moisturizing is that product never moisturize.

It's not the product that moisturize hair, it's water. That's the only thing that moisturize. The product is hear to seal the moisture and keep it in your hair.

But you probably as a black person have low porosity hair, so water don't even get in the hair to moisturize it. So you need to moisturize with hot water, or while the hair is somehow heated if you want water to penetrate it. Then just after that, seal with product.

As long as you do this, any good oil will do the trick. Coconut oil or olive oil work great for me.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Thing you gotta understand about moisturizing is that product never moisturize.

It's not the product that moisturize hair, it's water. That's the only thing that moisturize. The product is hear to seal the moisture and keep it in your hair.

But you probably as a black person have low porosity hair, so water don't even get in the hair to moisturize it. So you need to moisturize with hot water, or while the hair is somehow heated if you want water to penetrate it. Then just after that, seal with product.

As long as you do this, any good oil will do the trick. Coconut oil or olive oil work great for me.
This plus you need to clarify your hair periodically. Low porosity hair is prone to product buildup which will prevent any moisture or nutrients from penetrating the hair. Try to steer away from petroleum and silicones, they're not water soluble.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
This plus you need to clarify your hair periodically. Low porosity hair is prone to product buildup which will prevent any moisture or nutrients from penetrating the hair. Try to steer away from petroleum and silicones, they're not water soluble.
I didn't know that. Is clarifying the same as washing?

Free

Filé com Fritas
Daps
Do you know what's good for oily skin? i need it for my face. :o: