Alan Moore does rare interview at Deadline, shyts on everything & talks feature film debut The Show

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Nah. I disagree. He got ripped off by DC created the Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Batman: The Killing Joke, made the Swamp Thing lore. Practically changed the way comics were written

outside of his work on swamp thing and the mythos behind the character as well as the marvelman stuff., i never really cared for his work. not to say it wasnt influential, but his work has become overrated as of late. especially after watchmen came out and people tried to "dignify" it by referring to it as a graphic novel

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The main good fortune was that we had Northampton at our disposal, perhaps the only good thing about having the town on its knees is that the council are absolutely desperate for anything that will draw any kind of financial attention to this collapsed hellhole. They gave us the freedom of the town.
:mjlol:
Dude is such a crusty old curmudgeon.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How does he feel about comic books as a medium? I'm still waiting for him to turn on it.
He has turned on it. :russ: from the interview:

I’m not so interested in comics anymore, I don’t want anything to do with them.

I had been doing comics for 40-something years when I finally retired. When I entered the comics industry, the big attraction was that this was a medium that was vulgar, it had been created to entertain working class people, particularly children. The way that the industry has changed, it’s ‘graphic novels’ now, it’s entirely priced for an audience of middle class people. I have nothing against middle class people but it wasn’t meant to be a medium for middle aged hobbyists. It was meant to be a medium for people who haven’t got much money.
[...]
I’ve been told the Joker film wouldn’t exist without my Joker story (1988’s Batman: The Killing Joke), but three months after I’d written that I was disowning it, it was far too violent – it was Batman for christ’s sake, it’s a guy dressed as a bat. Increasingly I think the best version of Batman was Adam West, which didn’t take it at all seriously.

The man is such an obvious counterculturist it's hilarious. :mjlol:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
He has turned on it. :russ: from the interview:

I’m not so interested in comics anymore, I don’t want anything to do with them.

I had been doing comics for 40-something years when I finally retired. When I entered the comics industry, the big attraction was that this was a medium that was vulgar, it had been created to entertain working class people, particularly children. The way that the industry has changed, it’s ‘graphic novels’ now, it’s entirely priced for an audience of middle class people. I have nothing against middle class people but it wasn’t meant to be a medium for middle aged hobbyists. It was meant to be a medium for people who haven’t got much money.
[...]
I’ve been told the Joker film wouldn’t exist without my Joker story (1988’s Batman: The Killing Joke), but three months after I’d written that I was disowning it, it was far too violent – it was Batman for christ’s sake, it’s a guy dressed as a bat. Increasingly I think the best version of Batman was Adam West, which didn’t take it at all seriously.

The man is such an obvious counterculturist it's hilarious. :mjlol:
Or a contrarian.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Stfu Craxker u a bum ass troll Alan has critically acclaimed work troll stick to suckin fifty's dikk lame ass nikka Moore gave us watchmen V for vendetta

Nah. I disagree. He got ripped off by DC created the Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Batman: The Killing Joke, made the Swamp Thing lore. Practically changed the way comics were written
I'm not trolling, his work simply does nothing for me. It's overated and mediocre at best and if I want introspection in literature I'd read a novel for that is a medium it's designed for not a 24-page comic book.:yeshrug:

When I read comics all I wanted/want to see are big explosions, fights between crazy looking nikkaz and an original story that carries itself -- nothing more.:wow:

I'd take 'X-Men - Age of Apocalypse' over anything that fakkit CAC has produced anyday. His work ain't all that, brehs.:hubie:

I'll give you one, 'Miracleman' was amazing but the rest of his stuff never clicked with me.:banderas::blessed::hubie:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alan Moore in The Show:
20181113_TS_UNIT_13713-1.jpg

okjjyfmjxzk11.jpg

Danktoker94

The Dude
Supporter
Daps
:dead:
outside of his work on swamp thing and the mythos behind the character as well as the marvelman stuff., i never really cared for his work. not to say it wasnt influential, but his work has become overrated as of late. especially after watchmen came out and people tried to "dignify" it by referring to it as a graphic novel
V for vendetta is overrated...:dead: u nikkas gotta stop sayin shyt that u think sound smart u end up sayin dum ass shyt breh... The whole
Comic industry is living off this mans work the killing joke is overrated brehs.. From hell is overrated brehs.. league of extraordinary gentlemen if overrated brehs all have been made into movies

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Create art, show it to ppl then get mad when they like it brehs
Well if people consistently took it the wrong way and corporations kept exploiting it for the wrong reasons... yeah it might eventually drain your love of it.

As a medium though he’s at the point he’s not going to be reinventing the medium so I understand him giving up in it

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
And then made ABC comics which was supposed to be under Jim Lee's Wildstorm but then Jim sold WS to DC. Alan Moore's greatest failing is that the shyt he got money from he should have published himself. Like Dave Sim. Alan Moore was dealing with businessmen like an artist. That was his failing.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
And then made ABC comics which was supposed to be under Jim Lee's Wildstorm but then Jim sold WS to DC. Alan Moore's greatest failing is that the shyt he got money from he should have published himself. Like Dave Sim. Alan Moore was dealing with businessmen like an artist. That was his failing.
Exactly. He pissed and bitter b/c he wasn't up on his business. It's no ones responsibility to teach you the business that you are in. That's on you. Now he wants to shyt on the audience he wrote for and the market as a whole b/c comic business is booming.

OGBIGBOY187

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cam's Range Rover
yeah all that colorful marveL shyt is super annoying and lame. nikkas was going stoopid in Black Panther and im like:unimpressed: this what we hype about?

Atleast DC movies give us some type of "dark realism" but comics in general corny as fukk

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:dead:
V for vendetta is overrated...:dead: u nikkas gotta stop sayin shyt that u think sound smart u end up sayin dum ass shyt breh... The whole
Comic industry is living off this mans work the killing joke is overrated brehs.. From hell is overrated brehs.. league of extraordinary gentlemen if overrated brehs all have been made into movies

a lot of mark millars "works" have been made into movies too. thats not really a qualifier of quality