Alan Moore does rare interview at Deadline, shyts on everything & talks feature film debut The Show

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hes right and wrong

Right that its kinda over taken the film model, actual comics are overpirced and theres a rigid commercialization of them (Cross over events, studios influencing stories) but he goes overboard trying to link it to extreme negative example (sloppily linking it to larger problems in the world) also hes ignoring how the fanbase for the culture has expanded and been diverse.

I usually find myself agreeing and disagreeing with him on the same things always lol

Corny Batman

Caped Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Citizens of Gotham
Increasingly I think the best version of Batman was Adam West, which didn’t take it at all seriously.
I was completely serious, Mr. Moore.

tenor.gif

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. He pissed and bitter b/c he wasn't up on his business. It's no ones responsibility to teach you the business that you are in. That's on you. Now he wants to shyt on the audience he wrote for and the market as a whole b/c comic business is booming.
Supposedly the story is before watchmen trade paperbacks wasnt a thing. He was supposed to get the rights back once it went out of print, but dc found a loophole and it's now printed in perpetuity

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Supposedly the story is before watchmen trade paperbacks wasnt a thing. He was supposed to get the rights back once it went out of print, but dc found a loophole and it's now printed in perpetuity
That's what happened. Other companies had produced Graphic novels before that see Jim Starlin with epic. He could have paid attention.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
He has turned on it. :russ: from the interview:

I’m not so interested in comics anymore, I don’t want anything to do with them.

I had been doing comics for 40-something years when I finally retired. When I entered the comics industry, the big attraction was that this was a medium that was vulgar, it had been created to entertain working class people, particularly children. The way that the industry has changed, it’s ‘graphic novels’ now, it’s entirely priced for an audience of middle class people. I have nothing against middle class people but it wasn’t meant to be a medium for middle aged hobbyists. It was meant to be a medium for people who haven’t got much money.
[...]
I’ve been told the Joker film wouldn’t exist without my Joker story (1988’s Batman: The Killing Joke), but three months after I’d written that I was disowning it, it was far too violent – it was Batman for christ’s sake, it’s a guy dressed as a bat. Increasingly I think the best version of Batman was Adam West, which didn’t take it at all seriously.

The man is such an obvious counterculturist it's hilarious. :mjlol:
In all seriousness, someone needs to upgrade these DC superheroes to modern times like Marvel did. Bruce shouldn't be wearing bat ears. That shyt weird af. Also, the capes are a bit unnecessary unless it's superman. Bruce has fukking vehicles, the cape is pointless. Batman beyond tech is where he should've been heading.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has turned on it. :russ: from the interview:

I’m not so interested in comics anymore, I don’t want anything to do with them.

I had been doing comics for 40-something years when I finally retired. When I entered the comics industry, the big attraction was that this was a medium that was vulgar, it had been created to entertain working class people, particularly children. The way that the industry has changed, it’s ‘graphic novels’ now, it’s entirely priced for an audience of middle class people. I have nothing against middle class people but it wasn’t meant to be a medium for middle aged hobbyists. It was meant to be a medium for people who haven’t got much money.
[...]
I’ve been told the Joker film wouldn’t exist without my Joker story (1988’s Batman: The Killing Joke), but three months after I’d written that I was disowning it, it was far too violent – it was Batman for christ’s sake, it’s a guy dressed as a bat. Increasingly I think the best version of Batman was Adam West, which didn’t take it at all seriously.

The man is such an obvious counterculturist it's hilarious. :mjlol:
He’s He’s literally the guy who hates everything The moment it becomes popular simply because it’s popular

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all seriousness, someone needs to upgrade these DC superheroes to modern times like Marvel did. Bruce shouldn't be wearing bat ears. That shyt weird af. Also, the capes are a bit unnecessary unless it's superman. Bruce has fukking vehicles, the cape is pointless. Batman beyond tech is where he should've been heading.
Sound real dumb Breh you know nothing about Batman or marvel