Am I Any Less of a Man Because I am Celibate?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
I am 26 years old. I am a devout Christian. I became sexually active at 15 in high school therefore I am 11 years strong in the game. But I have since renounced my sexual activity. Me and my fiancee practice celibacy.

Why do men my age look down on me? Especially those whom are not in the church. Faith and religion aside; am I any less of a man for being able to/wanting to control my urges and choosing to save myself sexually for my future wife? When I talk to women my age, they seem to respect me more because of this. The intrigue of a man in the prime of his life with sexual self control through celibacy births a strange curiosity in them. It's interesting to them because most men are very promiscuous. This is a thing of which they aren't accustomed.

Because I choose to abstain, I am viewed as weak by my brethren. But in actuality, I am much stronger than many of them. However, I do have my weak moments :wow: The mind is a powerful thing when left idle.

If you practice celibacy, you are much stronger in will, body and in mind than those who do not. I'm not trashing you all whom live a sex filled promiscuous life, but the beauty of sex resides in the ability to save it for the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with.:mjcry:

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
you sell a bit of what?
Gary-Ba-Dum-Tss-Drum-Meme-Reaction-Gif-On-Spongebob-SquarePants.gif

seriously though there's nothing wrong with being celibate ... do you ... seriously ... a lot more brehs need to do the same ....

Quiet Magician

Superstar
Daps
Let me get this straight.

You became sexually active at 15.

Been a slut for 11 years.

Find a fiance and then decide to not have sex until your wedding day? What is that going to be a couple of months, a year maybe until you get married? And then back to having sex.

That makes a ton of sense, you sure made a statement with holding sex for that period of time.

Archangel

Banned
Daps
Let me get this straight.

You became sexually active at 15.

Been a slut for 11 years.

Find a fiance and then decide to not have sex until your wedding day? What is that going to be a couple of months, a year maybe until you get married? And then back to having sex.

That makes a ton of sense, you sure made a statement with holding sex for that period of time.

I've been celibate for 5 years. Nice try though.